MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EA_Elemental
Novice
Personal rank: Learning mapper?

Re: MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Post by EA_Elemental »

Well fair enough. Maybe I shall see if I can get in touch with carthage again and perhaps we can make A full proper version of this map that is actually playable as we intended it to be :p
Unfortunately I lost my old skype due to e-mail address shutting down, and of course microsofts account recovery system is s**t so I can't recover my old EA_Elemental Hotmail account.
I'll keep things updated. Perhaps I'll download the map and see about making some new additions to it with the intent on making A fully playable version some time soon.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

When a map even in a testing stage is being used in a public server you can consider it "sold", hosting persons will get it in less than 1 minute... PRIVACY is the key. First server where a map should be tested it's your LAN server with no heart-beating, no advertise, no words, that's the primary test, not whatever public testing from where everyone can download and get content from cache.
EA_Elemental
Novice
Personal rank: Learning mapper?

Post by EA_Elemental »

When designing A map with someone who is on the other side of the world unfortunately testing can't really be done over LAN. Just password protected server.
Can't remember if you can download things first and then put password in but I thought you had to put password in before it downloaded data to you.. But it dont matter much.
I'm away on business for A while but once I'm back I might see about starting up UED and seeing if I remember my way around it :)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Good to see you back around EA. UT could use another MH mapper like you. Now I'm going to have to drop by Herm's and say hello :mrgreen:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EA_Elemental wrote:When designing A map with someone who is on the other side of the world unfortunately testing can't really be done over LAN. Just password protected server.
Half False, so far nobody could steal/roam/crawl in my server as long as it is STEALTH - no heart-beat. As long as address is known only by testers, the stuff will stay there, I assure you that no one has came there without knowing host-name and being invited - more than that, it's not turned on all the time - that's all about PRIVATE testing.
There I'm currently experimenting more or less evilized updates, so I'm not interested to spread bad things in community.

Part 2) Preparing Level with known borks even in Beta stage and having active patchers loaded on testing-server. Level incomplete stolen will never work in an outside ambience and making life harder for thievery. When Level is ready and operational - the "bugger" can be removed.