MH-USSR_Stroganoff - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aldebaran
Masterful

MH-USSR_Stroganoff - SOLVED

Post by Aldebaran »

I found another map called MH-USSR_Stroganoff that seems to be incomplete because my ut client freezes always at the same position. I think the style of the map is not so bad even if it is a rather small one (I don't know really because I can't play it to end).

These teleporters works but not very well:
teleporter.jpg
After pressing this button...
button.jpg
...and climbing up these stairs or run around on the platform on the left side my ut client screen freezes
(animations and players are shown but I can't move any longer, can't change weapon and can't reach the ut menu).
stairs.jpg
Also the map would be more challenging when these laser barriers would effect something when be touched.
laser-barrier.jpg
I have the impression that this map was sadly not finished and perhaps it is too small for a completion
(although I already saw smaller maps elsewhere :) ).
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: MH-USSR_Stroganoff needs to be fixed?

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:I found another map called MH-USSR_Stroganoff that seems to be incomplete because my ut client freezes always at the same position.
IMO it is not incomplete but the map/package (TeamMH.u) is incompatible with either the server or in general with net play.
You may download that map and run it locally to play the full game.
Some random outtakes for your entertainment
(text in brackets are my remarks)
  • Error: Computer infected with, Virus Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Addware! (sic!) (Triggers>CustomMessage)
  • Obtained Health+5.bat (Pickup>custom health)
  • Viruses beware, Norman.exe running! (ShockRifle)
  • Found program Health+20.exe (Pickup>custom health)
  • Found a part of the Ubuntu Kernel (ThighPads)
  • V.I.S.T.A virus (GasBag)
  • Obtained Avast! (ShockRifle)
  • Assemble 12 parts of the Ubunto (sic!) kernel to proceed (Triggers>CustomMessage)
  • Teleport failed, Incompatible with Windows (Triggers>CustomMessage)
<EDIT>
I gave the map a try on my test server and the stuck problem you described did not occur, but it produces a lot of log messages like these, some of them constantly repeating even if no player is joined:
ucc.init.log

Code: Select all

BloodReaper MH-USSR_Stroganoff.BloodReaper1 (Function MH-USSR_Stroganoff.MySkaarj.PlayWaiting:0155) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Headup' not found in Mesh 'TSkM'
TeamKicker MH-USSR_Stroganoff.TeamKicker27 (Function TeamMH.TeamKicker.Touch:0034) Accessed None
IntroCommander MH-USSR_Stroganoff.IntroCommander0 (Function UnrealShare.Nali.PlayWaiting:016E) LoopAnim: Sequence 'Breath' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
IntroCommander MH-USSR_Stroganoff.IntroCommander0 (Function UnrealShare.Nali.PlayLanded:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Landed' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
IntroCommander MH-USSR_Stroganoff.IntroCommander0 (Function UnrealShare.Nali.PlayWaiting:016E) LoopAnim: Sequence 'Breath' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
IntroCommander MH-USSR_Stroganoff.IntroCommander0 (Function UnrealShare.Nali.TweenToPatrolStop:0071) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Breath' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
IntroCommander MH-USSR_Stroganoff.IntroCommander0 (State UnrealShare.Nali.FadeOut:0041) PlayAnim: Sequence 'levitate' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
Weaponswapper MH-USSR_Stroganoff.Weaponswapper0 (Function MH-USSR_Stroganoff.Weaponswapper.Touch:00BC) Attempt to assigned variable through None
Weaponswapper MH-USSR_Stroganoff.Weaponswapper0 (Function MH-USSR_Stroganoff.Weaponswapper.Touch:00C8) Accessed None
:arrow: Furthermore the map contains 16 Lights with duplicate names.

:arrow: Also this is interesting:

Code: Select all

2016-09-06 23:45:52 MH-USSR_Stroganoff.CreatureFactorySB6.InitFactory: numspots=5 for MH-USSR_Stroganoff.SpyBot, Capacity=1000000
Seems to get a long play time :lol:

:arrow: It has video sequences what is not always desired on net play.
</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: MH-USSR_Stroganoff needs to be fixed?

Post by Aldebaran »

Ahhhh ok it is a map for Team Monster Hunt, know I understand the different composition.
Hosting on a server with normal Monster Hunt makes no sense then...

Thanx for your investigation in the map Barbie!