Animated Texture Help

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Animated Texture Help

Post by Loose Cannon »

Hello all:

I've attached a "screen panel" that I'm trying to animate between 3 textures. They are the 3 textures in the Starship texture package. I go to the properties under the texture "WSH3", then to animated and make "WSH4" the next animation at 0.4 MaxFrameRate. Then I go to "WSH4" animated properties and make "WSH6" the next and so on. The screen textures change in the editor, but starting game play it doesn't change. I rebuild and save the map, but when I reopen it in editor, all of the animations are gone. Any ideas? I just made a box and attached it that has the "computer window" where I want the 3 screens to change. Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: File removed due to unsupported extension.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Animated Texture Help

Post by Barbie »

Loose Cannon wrote:They are the 3 textures in the Starship texture package. I go to the properties under the texture "WSH3", then to animated and make "WSH4" the next animation at 0.4 MaxFrameRate.
Did you change the original Starship package? :shock: If so: never modify packages you don't have created by yourself because that results in "file mismatches" if you connect your UT to other machines. Instead create your own package or simply put the textures into package "MyLevel" (the map itself) and modify it there.

See Wiki: Do Not Alter Default Packages also.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Re: Animated Texture Help

Post by Loose Cannon »

aaaahhhhh finally got it! I had originally tried your suggestion Barbie and it still didn't work which is why I posted my confusion. Then I realized I used a couple of those textures elsewhere in the map. Once I made sure I got rid of all of those 3 textures I wanted to animate, it worked. Thanks Barbie!