[Terrain] How to accomplish this?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Eviltom
Skilled

Re: [Terrain] How to accomplish this?

Post by Eviltom »

Tyr wrote:
papercoffee wrote:I tried it right now ...open the 2D shape editor and delete one of vertices ...hit the "create sheet" button and you have a triangular sheet. But don't set a check mark on "two sided" keep this free. The visible part for where you walk on and the invisible part for the void or the inside of that shape. Set up a huge builder room and create your terrain parts there.
For me its highly complicated and I think creating terrain outside in a third-party tool might be the better solution. Or using the tessellated cube method.
I tried this. I can't walk on created sheets. I didn't checked "Two-sided".
Higor wrote:Build them yourself.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3934
Thanks, i take a look. :)
Iv not tried this method. But will give it a go later. But i presume to make it solid, after you build the terrain out of sheets make a large brush and de-intersect all the triangles into a new brush then subtract that brush from the world? Going to have to experiment with this as its a similar method to mine but might save a bit of time!
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

terrain.jpg
DM-ETDEMO.unr
(222.42 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
A bit of a late reply, not quite a tutorial (dont have the time), but you can see the brushes i have used to build up the terrain, and the brush I have de-intersected from it.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

There's also Bot_40's method.
You must construct additional pylons.