Triggered Sound

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Triggered Sound

Post by sektor2111 »

Dispatch repeating; SpecialEvent doesn't have any limit in sounding. It will just sound, then re-trigger when sounds ends, or... use 2 SpecialEvents, while one is finishing the other starts and they switch during those 2 seconds. Just need some timing tests. I don't understand what is that hard at sounds.
Sound in correct timing will be like is linked in a single sound having 6 seconds. I repeat, <Dispatcher>. Dispatcher is my best friend...
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Barbie wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:Why not just make it the mover sound, "opening sound" ?
It does not cover his requirements:
Loose Cannon wrote:so it synchs up with the flashing lights
Loose Cannon wrote:the [...] (trigger ambient sound) is not an option as it doesn't work
That's why I wrote custom.
The mover can be synced with the trigger lights by having the flashing light subclass that somehow sends an event to the mover as it sends the flashes, and putting an invisibly-textured, non-raytracing, event-connected mover near each flashing light.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

Barbie I see your custom script but I've never messed with scripts before. It looks a little confusing.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Loose Cannon wrote:It looks a little confusing.
Then just use your TriggerLight for both light and sound. The Wiki has given a how to.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

OK...finally got it to work!!! Haven't been making maps that long (nothing really complex anyways) so some of these techniques were a bit of a learning curve for me. Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions (Sektor for dispatchers :tu: and very much to Barbie for all of the great help and links)!! That last one did the trick by linking a trigger to a dispatcher then to a trigger light (never used a dispatcher before)....Thanks...always great to come here for everyone's expertise! You all ROCK! :rock:
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

My maps are full of those things. Triggered sounds and lights. Piece of cake.
Play / open this in the editor : http://crystalunreal.com/Iframes/Downlo ... -Final.rar

Trigger > SpecialEvent [Settings: initialstate playersplaysoundeffect AmbientSound: the thing you want to be played ]
Set the trigger to Triggeronceonly or make it intervals to prevent spamming.
This member can only post when permitted.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay I did a small research according to triggering sounds.

Little note first: bTriggerOnceOnly won't prevent any spam it will make things to work ONCE, and bye doors, alarms and stuff.

I've started to do a map MH-TrainCommando or something like this (story a bit later). Imagine that team is dropped in train right before to leave station in a very last moment. Once team arrived train starts moving - initially being stopped. Yes, I was trying different methods to gain random sounds triggered and shaking view but not in first moment - only when train starts moving, and finally I found a solution using stock stuff and only custom sounds related to "triggered sounds" problem. Example: randomly wheels start grinding and stopping, and repeating randomly these things only in locations with supposed wheels, else train's siren sounds randomly - that's easy audible by all player anywhere.
Something like a solution is using default AmbientSound. How ? We can attach this Keypoint to an AttachMover which can be triggered with a "StochasticTrigger" from time to time - it won't be bStatic for such case and it will collide actors. UT has a default feature, sound from distances bigger than 2200 UU won't be audible, we can put mover and ported keypoint more far away and bringing it faster in location where it needs to make sound, so to speak wheels are grinding depending on whatever railway factors, truly randomly. This sound can be a local alarm as well, starting like in a fade depending on how fast we bring mover in location.
Given the fake train (not that many movers involved as train) Bot support is doable so I think I can complete this Level properly.