Post Closing 3072 Contest MH map - MH-3072-FloorWays

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Post Closing 3072 Contest MH map - MH-3072-FloorWays

Post by Dr.Flay »

I know you feel MH does not get enough attention here, but can you name any other UT modification or GameType that we have a dedicated section for ? (excluding the developer section).
Monster Hunt is a Modification and also a GameType, and has a choice of sections that are not called Off-Topic (that is your choice alone).

The only concession we could make is a section for all monster mods, addons and discussions, or a section in the developer area for only MH with only developer discussion.
At the point we start adding sections for specific mods, we will have to consider all mods and use a new site layout.
Ultimately it is not your choice, or mine, and so far you have not managed to raise a noisy army of people complaining at us.
The best thing we can do is run a poll for a week or 2.

Sorry but I have no idea why your thread does not show on the portal. Currently all sections that are not developer or staff areas, have exactly the same settings.
It is known that some posts are not showing on the portal, such as all my tools and software posts :noidea
If we can fix it, we can fix it. Until then wait in the queue to be annoyed.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I have an idea ...Tags.

We need a tag system to tag threads with a certain prefix. And if a user searches MH only he will get all MH related topics.
@Shade @Dr.Flay @UnrealGecko ...what do think?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Tags would be a good idea, but it may need a site addon/update if we don't already have it somewhere.
It still leaves the problem of all the old posts.

Some opinions on a section for all monster stuff would be nice, but we should also ask @Shade
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

On a note to myself, given feedback toward a cubed MH Level looks like nobody had to mention nothing disturbing, which means that I have accomplished 3072 mission. Good to know...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:On a note to myself, given feedback toward a cubed MH Level looks like nobody had to mention nothing disturbing, which means that I have accomplished 3072 mission. Good to know...
Havn't tested it till now... was too busy fixing my own map. The tower map.
I can give it a go today.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:nobody had to mention nothing disturbing
I tried it and did not notice any technical error - as expected. ;o)
But is the game flow in fact that you must run through all (then empty) floors again if you die on an upper floor? Or did I miss the shortcuts?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:Or did I miss the shortcuts?
:ROFL: =)) :lol: :lol2:
And now the "faster" MH map does need shortcuts ? Unbelievable... :rock: a MH cube having 3072 UU needs shortcuts because... it is too long... :mrgreen: There is no shortcut from any kind or such harmful "Colliding" things in this Level according to default engine "features" known by people as bugs.

Then I... must tell you something (just the truth): because Editor and usually people were talking about BSP bugs, oh well, this map did not include BSP builds from Editor - just Geometry and Lightning - do an experiment and build everything and then... see the BSP awesome "features"...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:nothing disturbing
Blank.umx is missing in the package.
<EDIT>
And another note: is there a special reason why you changed the collision cylinder of some ammo? Miniammo0 for example has (20/32), Miniammo5 the default values of (11/22). Because my Mutator moves ground stucking inventory items up until the collision cylinder is out of the ground, some ammo hover in the air... :omfg:
</EDIT>
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:Blank.umx is missing in the package.
Blank.umx was recommended at contest by Gecko, I though it's a thing which all people are having it, right ? If Not, then why was it recommended ? Okay I'm gonna update fist post with stuff required by poor people with no files.

What exactly is the problem at ammo ? Doesn't create other stupid paths ? Cannot be collected from a "pig trough" ? Bot do has problems or Mbot ? While I did not see details, I stay with my setup. MH2 has no touch for ammo, but other MH mutator setup bring them closer to InventorySpot and WE DON'T HAVE more Inventoryspots here - so ammo won't be moved :wth: , because I have maps where InventorySpot added by Editor made Bot RETARDED in spot multiple times. Both settings MH2/MH, NEVER bugged me. Else you might explain me map 24December why some of those spots are done how they were done and other the same stupidity stucking Bot in place - a nice map which screws Bot very ugly. FOR SUCH smarty types I'm setting up a HOVER WITH NO PROBLEM after all, yes these MH geniuses (perfect design with stupid Bot setup) were teaching me to slap down some "options".
Miniammo0 has InventorySpot being "Official" for Bots more toucheable, Miniammo5 is "optional", doesn't include InventorySpot, is a "combat ammo", Bot will get it in combat but doesn't roam for it - before "drawing" paths macro was adjusting everything - ammo added Post-Pathing was not adjusted, just simply added, being a non roaming goal. Imagine that I did some tests (probably I was playing map 10-15 times with no issues). Else if you count InventorySpots and Ammo they are different as long as I keep paths at minimum.
Some clown modifying later things will have a surprise at rebuild causing probably broken spots - which is not my concern what are doing others with my stuff in their yard. You know... by working at MBot I have learned several tricks... not very known by others :P .
Other questions ? I'm interested about Real nasty bugs. A wall problem, a mover in bad timing, any lousy things affecting game-play (except forgetting a powerful Boss which might be hunting you step by step almost to start area :| ).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

So long story short for my question of a modified collision cylinder:
sektor2111 wrote:Miniammo0 has InventorySpot being "Official" for Bots more toucheable
Ok, until now I've thought that a collision cylinder is a kind of hull that covers more or less the visual shape.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, a short post then, a question: Are you willing for a team-work for some map let's say "MH-TrainCommando" aka Train Attack aka Train Hijack aka... whatever ? It's a sort of High Speed but a different MH thing - different ambience, etc. I might need some support toward final battle from locomotive - things, etc... Eh ?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:I'm interested about Real nasty bugs.
I call your "SomeActor" a nasty bug for a server. The changes you did with this

Code: Select all

function SetDifs() {
	class 'SkaarjSniper'.Default.WeaponType = class 'SniperRifle';
	class 'SkaarjSniper'.Default.Health = class 'SkaarjSniper'.Default.Health * 2;
	class 'Slith'.Default.RangedProjectile = class 'DAmmo3';
	class 'Slith'.Default.Health = class 'Slith'.Default.Health * 2;
[...]
stays until server is restarted and therefore affects later loaded maps, too. Subclass your desired Monsters and spawn them instead of messing server defaults!

if (P.bUnlit)
	P.bUnlit = True;
It's cold, let's heat the CPU :loool:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not sub-classing nothing, more :loool: coming in time:
- Changes can be reverted if game ends in they same way as they were modified;
- Changes can be reverted triggered after factories have been finishing their job;
- Changes can be done in steps according to Factory involved...
Else I'm not reverting nothing like "a IceSkaarj" - remove map if you don't like "an IceSkaarj".
Agree with this part but I still don't get why they are still mooing post-travel - SwarmSpawn does the same things then ? I wanna see some map spawning monsters later what they have because I did not see changes.

bUnlit part.
I was thinking that they ARE NOT affected by lights to get masked in dark corners. What exactly do gets HEAT at this point since lighting doesn't process them and keep their unique look ? And... they are not even 200 if I well recall :? .

Suprisingly, others did not see these ? Interesting... Because let me do a check as follows:
Map MH-3072-FloorWays - Krall has a modifier.
Now let me vote MH-Canals][(_R) - spawning Krall exactly at begin of map in minigun room and having ORIGINAL PROPERTIES :what: . What exactly did you do in your server ? Transient problems ? Why I don't have such "left-over" things ?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:remove map
Done.
sektor2111 wrote:SwarmSpawn does the same things then ?
SwarmSpawn does not change default values in any way.
sektor2111 wrote:bUnlit part.

if (P.bUnlit)
   P.bUnlit = True;
Let's follow the code: if condition P.bUnlit is TRUE, statement "P.bUnlit = True" is executed. But P.bUnlit has already been TRUE.
If condition P.bUnlit is FALSE, no statement is executed. In both cases nothing has changed. Except the passed time.
sektor2111 wrote:Map MH-3072-FloorWays - Krall has a modifier. Now let me vote MH-Canals][(_R) - spawning Krall exactly at begin of map in minigun room and having ORIGINAL PROPERTIES :what:
Hmm, sure that those are Kralls? Not EliteKralls? Try another...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Other notes: I was clocking on my lazy machines how long takes a Bool deal. Time reported was 0.000000 - I don't understand what's that nasty for a Level which doesn't have not even 100 creatures and it is smoother even on 1GHz CPU ? Seriously... At a moment I have around 20 creatures. ELSE, YES, those are Kralls not affected by previous map - it's only your problem what you load in server and hold it post-travel. If nobody said nothing disturbing but suddenly it's disturbing, do not use such stuff.
First was an ammo non-existent problem then... woow, monster remains modified in next map - interesting - I did not see this. What any other error will show up ? Probably a map having those "awesome" tick kickers a la Boom Boom Boy are a more easy deal + X hundreds of monsters (blowing up my coolers), right ?
Okay then let's put things head to head into another map done considering your advices. Right now I'll do following operation:
Load mp in Editor and removing custom stuff - saving as _a_test, then voting it after initial map. I'll check Monsters how much stay "screwed". Then I'll report feed-back... about Map simple without modifiers. If I take in account what you say, then a wrong map might leave trails in next ones causing problems - I don't know if this is very often seen. Back in a few minutes...

Edit: I don't have any LEFT-Over property in next Level without modifiers. Krall has default projectiles and not grenade. Keep doing transient setup, is "helpful"... Map doesn't screw nothing at this moment, at least I don't see any post-travel effects from previous one with modifiers. You have a server problem. I keep it as it is and this is how I'll do stuff.
What I have to check indeed is if I did not forgot a "!" related to that bUnlit thing.
Edit2: Yes, that's the bug which I'll fix >>> FIRST post updated.