3072uu Contest: mappers voting (participants only)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Eviltom
Skilled

Re: 3072uu Contest: mappers voting (participants only)

Post by Eviltom »

UnrealGecko wrote:Alright, I updated the 1st post with who has and has not voted yet... during this week please vote! If not I'll be forced to make the non-voters sit on a huge cactus :ironic:

Iv been busy with work... Not too unlike sitting on a huge cactus :wth:

Will try and download and play the last few tonight!
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

I will post my top 3 tonight.
This member can only post when permitted.
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

1st CTF-Shores arena. I have a soft spot for CTF and this map would be great fun with a few friends. Only con is the terrain could be better, but the gameplay makes up for it. Also nice jump pads!

2nd DM-Arcturus. I enjoyed both of Tyr's maps but this one had the edge by having a more unique theme. Classic gameplay + very pretty. A larger map in this style maybe CTF or AS would be great!

3rd DM-Underhive. Classic DM map. Great layout, fun to play!

Lots of quality maps but iv voted on my personal enjoyment! Just didn't make the list was Insane tower, great idea but it hurts my brain and I kept loosing as I had no idea what was going on!
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

1st place: DM-3072-ScarlE Looks awesome, plays awesome.
2nd place: DM-3072-TyrsLair Same.
3rd place: DM-3072-Arcturus Same.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

My vote:

[3 points]
1. Tyrslair - At the moment I saw that skybox I was sold. Big time. The icetexture and well-made architecture are also :gj:

I'm dying to hear how you made that skybox.

[2 points]
2. Carbon - Very original idea, for the 3072 limit and nicely made structures and shapes. Although the skybox could use a few more details.
Well balanced, yet tricky to play over a big pool of lava. Lovely terrain there.

[1 point]
3. China - I can hardly imagine how much time you have spend putting all those custom things in to map tiny map, yet making it huge.
All details, and textures and custom tings wow.
As lighting is well-done - as in from viewing it - it is also actually pretty mono lightened and could have use more different colours of light.
I.E. the sings that have pink letters, put a pink light near it. Likewise with other things.

I was also about to put the tower map in it, but it got plenty of votes already :wtf:

Rest of the maps were also nice and fun to play, it was hard to make this top 3. Enjoyed participating for the first time here. :tu:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Sorry, having very big internet troubles :sad2:

right now I'm counting the votes, but not every mapper still voted (PrinceofFunky, KingJosh and Rocky did not vote). Should we give them a bit more time to vote or give a small 1-2 point penalty for their map (not for Player choice, just for this)? :noidea

EDIT: We have a tie between 2 maps for 1st place, so either we wait for another voter, or whoever has the more votes on the Players choice poll is the winner. :rock:
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

Maybe pm/email the non voters, ask if they intend to vote, if they do give them a couple more days? Point deductions seems a bit harsh!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Good idea about the PMs, just sent them.
TBH not keen on point reductions either. Just wanted to know what the others were thinking. Hope they will cast their votes till December 3rd though.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

3 Points: DM-3072-ScarE:
Map is fun and nicely done. It utilises every space inside a 3072 cube. Well done.

2 Points: DM-3072-KingJoshCity-Lite:
Another map which nice utilises all the space inside a 3072 cube. Lightning is good. Nice deco and custom meshes. Yet I see no pathing inside a washroom where bots spend their time in front of mirror. I also saw some BSP holes in parking lot area. Other than that map is really nice.

1 Points: DOM-3072-TarydiumShrine:
I did a 1on1 fight against MBotv2 on this map and I must say, it was really fun. I wonder how the author made those nice curved pillars, I would like learn that.

I am in hurry. I will edit this post again with review of all the maps.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

OK I added Rockys votes in now... since my internet provider is still fixing my internet (keeps turning itself off/on for whatever reason, seems like it's on their end though.) During the time I'll get both the Terrain and this mappacks ready to upload, and once it's fixed I'll upload the packs :tu:

Oh, and @KingJosh and @PrinceOfFunky , get your royal arses off your thrones and reply to my PMs at least if you are gonna vote or not... I give ya another week, or else I'll change your usernames to just Josh and Funky and give those titles to Princecoffee and KingTom :ironic: :loool:
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

1 Points: DOM-3072-TarydiumShrine:
I did a 1on1 fight against MBotv2 on this map and I must say, it was really fun. I wonder how the author made those nice curved pillars, I would like learn that.
Thanks, I'm the author. After the competition I will write you a quick tutorial how to do it. :) Maybe more people are interested, but It is actually pretty simple. I liked your map as well, beautifully themed! :gj: