Getting rid of a texture out of a map...

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Eviltom
Skilled

Getting rid of a texture out of a map...

Post by Eviltom »

Long story short. I imported a few textures wrong and started a map. The map won't play because of my rookie error! (Didn't generate MIP maps)

Now iv re-imported the textures into a new package(with MIP maps) and I am going through the process of replacing the incorrect custom textures... Im adding the offending texture to a surface (right clicking the selecting all matching textures, then replacing them all with a standard ut texture, re-build save, close ued open ued then selecting the standard texture, right click select all matching textures then replacing with the replacment corect custom texture. This is a slow process but it is working...But there are a few that just won't go away. I am completely removing the incorect textures from the map... There isn't a single trace of them, then I'm rebuilding (just to be sure) saving. Then exiting and re-oppening ued... Then when I check the texture browser...(without reopening the package) There they still are... ued still thinks the texture is in the map somewhere am I missing something here?

Very close to giving up on it.

Edit... Just googled it and realised there's a texture replacement tool.... I will try this tomorrow as I am fed up

2nd edit.. The replace texture tool seems to have solved the problem, almost worth deleting the topic, but I will leave it as a reference for anyone as stupid as me :lol2:

Here's a picture anyway,
IMG_20161120_225817236.jpg
Last edited by Eviltom on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Getting rid of a texture out of a map...

Post by Barbie »

:lol:
Attachments
UnrealEd-ReplaceTextures.jpg
UnrealEd-ReplaceTextures.jpg (27.54 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Yeah, using replace texture function works. Googling it should've brought some results. I even didn't know this existed when I first started mapping and it was hard to find a way to get rid of a texture that I couldn't find/reach in certain area... O.o until someone told me. :loool:

So I'd definitely leave this here for good, and hope other finds it.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Eviltom wrote:
IMG_20161120_225817236.jpg
What map is it?...
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

Just started it. Its a Ghost in The Shell inspired map. The new film trailer gave me nostalgia for the original. Its going to be based on the chase scene through the back streets. Always loved that scene.
tumblr_muonh3NfCX1qeafreo7_1280.jpg
Wong14.jpg
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Eviltom wrote:'...Its a Ghost in The Shell inspired map...
EFFFF.... YESSSS!!! :rock: