Aggressiveness==1.#INF00

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Aggressiveness==1.#INF00

Post by Barbie »

The stock code of ScriptedPawn.uc defines Aggressiveness as follows:

Code: Select all

var(Combat) float	Aggressiveness; //0.0 to 1.0 (typically) 
Accidentally found this:
1.#INF00.jpg
As you can see, these are the properties of "ScriptedMale" from package "XidiaMPack.u". I found that in map "MH-TheOutpost". The default value of XidiaMPack.ScriptedMale.Aggressiveness is 0.3, what seems to be ok.

WTH has the mapper done there?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Aggressiveness==1.#INF00

Post by sektor2111 »

If you keep showing these things done by some retards you'll get some hate around you from "fans" of UT, for me those did things purposedly for troubles and ruining game. That's why I said somewhere and repeating, enemy it's inside UT like a worm in apple - they usually are calling themselves mappers/modders but not all of them have the best intentions... See also thread with map cheats specified by Jack, it's pretty closer...
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

I disagree with you here, sektor. Security by obscurity never works for long, someone eventually will find out anyway.

What the 1.#INF00 value most likely means is "positive infinity", which can probably not be entered manually. However, you can use the property editor's arithmetic features to calculate the value by dividing any positive number by zero. (Yes, that's a thing.) Dividing negative numbers by zero results in negative infinity and dividing zero by zero is not possible than thus results in the not-a-number (NaN) value. That particular value should at all costs be avoided for anything that might affect the camera position, because it will screw up the engine badly. Infinity values are also not good for that.

In general, those three special values will live through most arithmetic operations. The infinity values are greater and less than the largest positive and negative non-infinite values, respectively. NaN is the only float value that cannot be compared to any other value, including itself. If you set a variable f to the value 0.0/0.0 (i.e. NaN), then the expression f == f will return false. Technically, all three values are represented by the floating point exponent being the maximum possible bit value (all bits are ones), with infinity having the appropriate sign bit value and an all-zero mantissa, while NaN has a non-zero mantissa. (There are actually 2^24-2 possible NaN representations, if you count all possible combinations of the sign bit and non-zero mantissa bit combinations.)
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

What I have found out until now: "1.#INF00" seems to be the (float) expression for "this number is too big for me". It can easily be reproduced by entering a big number in a float property field in UnrealEd, for example anything else beyond 10^39 (=1000000000000000000000000000000000000000).
I've not investigated what happens if you do calculations with such values in UScript.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You can see other "Mover" setup and "Weapons" which others were being busy to do. Only by wasting time for doing such things is proving dumbness and stupidity. WTF ? Nobody has fired those in a primary test before doing a release ? They never care what they do - presuming they did not died, YET - Agree with Hitman: "best regards" for helping UT, and a slow and painful death and balls out for preventing multiplication - these are just parasites on Earth anyway...
Like I said, we have values used normally in combat by a creature, when these are badly screwed combat goes in a mess or a server-crash with apparently no logic reason due to values used (Animation crash ? Speed crash ? Timer Crash ?... :noidea ) but hell knows how is being screwed engine at execution of such a garbage setup. Why would I use such things ? By only getting rid of these Levels you'll be surprised to see how stable can run even a poor coded MH game, and the same for other game-types too...

@Wormbo: If I want to make a Level for supporting community, after my stupid head, a number is not a letter (as a math hater which I am), I wouldn't do other setup than this range regarding to EPIC craps which were breaking their own rules, because they did not read their tutorials :ironic: :loool: but I did, and I even have them as they have been posted a few years ago before removal. Those docs are still available inside an archive from a random tutorial section/location related to UT.
ScriptedPawn.uc wrote:

Code: Select all

var(Combat) float	Aggressiveness; //0.0 to 1.0 (typically)
Typically means that value can go higher than 32 bit system might query ? I wouldn't count on that.