MH-SValley2

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aldebaran
Masterful

MH-SValley2

Post by Aldebaran »

I played this older map recently and found it quite nice.
But playing it was little bit boring of fewer monsters, playing alone is too easy.
So my question to the mappers if it is possible to add significant more and stronger opponents.
In my opinion it would be worth it.

You can download it here:
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ ... alley2.zip
Attachments
SValley2
SValley2
Barbie
Godlike

Re: MH-SValley2

Post by Barbie »

Can't this be done with MrLoathsome's SwarmSpawn?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Wouldn't this affect all maps on the server then?

I have also found two issues:
I can't end the map because it seems I have to kill all "monsters" before the mh end is active. But my radar showed me at end only one life form and I am sure it was a cow somewhere hidden in a house (I can hear it) and I can't find and shoot it.
The other thing is, I ran three times the same way to find some monsters because they spawned very slow.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:Can't this be done with MrLoathsome's SwarmSpawn?
Generally a bad idea to use a MonsterSpawning thing on a MonsterHunt map. Can mess with counters and such.

Why not just edit in more monsters at key locations? Setup a creature factory or 3.
Aldebaran wrote:I can't end the map because it seems I have to kill all "monsters" before the mh end is active. But my radar showed me at end only one life form and I am sure it was a cow somewhere hidden in a house (I can hear it) and I can't find and shoot it.
Never underestimate NinjaCow.

Pop into UnrealEd so you can at least find where the thing is the next time you play.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:Wouldn't this affect all maps on the server then?
Oops, yes, I thought it could be defined separately for each map.
Aldebaran wrote:I can't end the map
Simple reason: it has no MonsterEnd. Instead it has 9 close grouped teleporters with destination to another map ("sancient1#voila?peer"). The only reference to MonsterHunt I found was "LevelInfo0.DefaultGameType" what is set to "Class'monsterhunt.monsterhunt'".
Aldebaran wrote:I ran three times the same way to find some monsters because they spawned very slow.
All four CreatureFactories have set their spawn interval to 1 sec or below. But all have set bCovert==TRUE what means that a respawn is done only if no player can see it. Maybe there is a global option in your MonsterHunt server to set bCovert always to FALSE.

PS: Navigating in the map by UnrealEd crashed multiple times:
MH-svalley2-UnrealEd-GPF.jpg
MH-svalley2-UnrealEd-GPF.jpg (18.36 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote: Generally a bad idea to use a MonsterSpawning thing on a MonsterHunt map. Can mess with counters and such.
FALSE, SwarmSpawning Monsters are not affecting any Counter unless you set some events for monsters spawned, and I don't see why we would use such EVENTS.

You dudes are not understanding ONE SIMPLE ADMIN CRAP JOB: SCAN YOUR MH-BULLSHITBLABLA.UNR FILES in purpose to find a STRING CALLED "MONSTEREND" using a File tool like a FreeCommander or WinGrep or such... OR UnrealEditor :loool: :loool: .

IF your "MAPS" doesn't include a MONSTEREND string I HAVE doubts that you can finish them EVER without using something for hacking map in run-time and adding an END which we are calling it MonsterEnd,..

This Map is another SaveAs with no meaning. Kill 10 monsters and Vote next one - very puzzly, no wonder...
Barbie wrote: All four CreatureFactories have set their spawn interval to 1 sec or below. But all have set bCovert==TRUE what means that a respawn is done only if no player can see it. Maybe there is a global option in your MonsterHunt server to set bCovert always to FALSE.
Happens only in 1600 UU range. For big ass "maps" like those from nowadays this function has always bad results because it returns False when it should be True (mainly this is one dumb thing which mappers are doing nowadays, BIG SIZE areas with no purpose) else default original function return true if you turn butt at spawnpoint because is very "well coded" by Epic.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

This is an old coop map and i tired to clean it up and add some monsters and an MH-end, unfortunately it has a lot of bsp-holes and is to messy to fix up...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:Navigating in the map by UnrealEd crashed multiple times
Yes here too when joining as spectator and navigate for a picture to shoot.
But while playing as a player it never crashed.
Barbie wrote: Maybe there is a global option in your MonsterHunt server to set bCovert always to FALSE
I have set already ChangeCovertToFalse=True.
Barbie wrote:it has no MonsterEnd. Instead it has 9 close grouped teleporters with destination to another map ("sancient1#voila?peer")
Can your SBMutFixTeleportersURL-V0 mutator be adapted to these special situations? :wink:
sektor2111 wrote:IF your "MAPS" doesn't include a MONSTEREND string I HAVE doubts that you can finish them
Yes it was my fault. I thought I have played it already to an end some time before but I was wrong.
Also ingame there were the monster hunt end logos displayed at end point. I have made the experience, if these exist there is also an end.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:Can your SBMutFixTeleportersURL-V0 mutator be adapted to these special situations?
AFAIS it should handle this properly, if its "bSpawnMHEnd" is set.
<EDIT>
Hitman wrote:i tired to clean it up
Oh, you already worked on this map in the past?
Hitman wrote:it has a lot of bsp-holes
I've never seen building the geometry of a map in this way: It has lots of unnecessary complex Brushes.
MH-svalley2-UnnecessaryComplexBrush.jpg
</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:it should handle this properly
I played now three times maps where I needed the mutator. First time it worked well but second time (the same map) and now this map it did not worked.
Perhaps the sequence in server.ini plays a role?
I will have a look at it...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:it [SBMutFixTeleportersURL-V0] did not worked.
I recommend setting bLogActions=true (it's the default) for it and having a look at the logs then. There should be entries then what the mutator has done.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If mutator is adding End after MH2's tweaking, it won't work; because default MonsterEnd will not end maps playing MH2 types child of TeamGamePlus and not child of MonsterHunt. Because MHGold and such types have their own MonsterEnd, I was speaking about this and nobody seems to take in account what I'm saying. Keep trying then.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

When starting the map server log says:

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: MH-Svalley2.SBMutFixTeleportersURL0 Auto State Ready.Begin: number of fixed Teleporters with URL: 9
Some time later while playing the map:

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: MonsterEnd - TriggerObjective - MH == None
ScriptLog: MonsterEnd - TriggerObjective - MH == None
But when I touch the monster hunt end icons nothing happens.
I have set this mutator before the monster hunt packages in server.ini, but have tested both and it works same.
sektor2111 wrote:Because MHGold and such types have their own MonsterEnd
So is there any solution where such a mutator will work with MH2 Gold descendants?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Exactly, read above...

Default MonsterEND will NEVER END MH MAPS playing MHGold or MH2 types... :arrow:
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:If mutator is adding End after MH2's tweaking, it won't work
Yes, exactly that happens: SBMutFixTeleportersURL adds the MonsterEnds (class'Monsterhunt.MonsterEnd') in a very late state (start of state code); MonsterHunt2v3 and MonsterHunt2Gold replaces existing MonsterEnds with their own types in an earlier state (PostBeginPlay) and also not by CheckReplacement().
Aldebaran wrote:So is there any solution where such a mutator will work with MH2 Gold descendants?
Yes, I'll add an option that users can decide when SBMutFixTeleportersURL should do its work. In both above cases it should work fine if it is done in SBMutFixTeleportersURL.PreBeginPlay(). Stay tuned...
sektor2111 wrote:I was speaking about this and nobody seems to take in account what I'm saying.
But not in this thread? Have in mind that people that keep busy with UT99 are naturally older and therefore have less space in long term memory... :lol2: