MH-ATAA2 fixed

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
triple_ooo
Novice

MH-ATAA2 fixed

Post by triple_ooo »

https://mega.nz/#!3RIDwB6K!OgmClu-f8FRG ... JHbgECIv5g

The last crystal can only be destroyed by bpak rockets, which are unavailable with NW3 replacing all weapons. I edited the trgger to make it work with any projectile.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-ATAA2 fixed

Post by sektor2111 »

Good move... Yes, that was against mutators. I recall this one making me in the past to quit using any great "mutator".
A bit of Bot Support would be also a good thing...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

*bump*

I tried to play this map and after about 2-3 hours I gave up.
I killed over 5000 monsters in the first main hall and nothing happend.
I know there exists different versions of this map, but is there one version with significant less monsters in to go forward?
The ATAA5 maps looks similar but I don't want to test them several hours now.
I know the obnoxious versions are playable without Nali Weapons 3, but they have other weapons that I don't want to use. And also there you have over 4000 monsters in I guess.

Yes, I know that ATAA maps are known for this massively monster domination but anyway perhaps someone can recommend a version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

If the monsters are spawned by creature/thing factories you could use JackGriffin's MHMapAdjuster to limit the number spawned to whatever you want - extract from the readme
Spoiler
MHMapAdjuster is a mod that loads on the start of a map and runs through all the creature/thing factories. Now for a bit of information for the non-mappers: Creature Factories (CF for short) are actors in a map that spawn many copies of a particular monster. Think "spam maps" for this. Well some of those damn things have the count set to 100,000 <cough ATAA cough> while others are set to "-1" which means they never end :roll: MHMapAdjuster runs through them all and manually resets them to a limit defined by the admin.
Otherwise you could always edit some out?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

OjitroC wrote:you could use JackGriffin's MHMapAdjuster to limit the number spawned
Yes, I tried that option with MonsterHunt2Gold made by him but the limitation made in the config file had no effect ingame.
I tried this option with MH-(_@_)_Lament and I had no luck with that.

Config lines:

Code: Select all

AdjustFactories=True
bCapacity=500
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:I tried this option [bCapacity=500] with MH-(_@_)_Lament and I had no luck with that.
I guess it worked but you got the impression that there are still too many ZombieBrutes: that map has 7 ThingFactories for them and they have a capacity of 1x260 and 6x1000 = 6250 ZombieBrutes. After MHMapAdjuster has run, there are still 1x260 + 6x500 = 3260 ZombieBrutes.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Personally, I would start with the capacity set very low to see if it does work and then increase it to a reasonable/desirable level - 500 seems on the high side to me (though perhaps you have checked the factories' capacities and they are much higher than 500?)
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Hmm ok I thought bCapacity means all creatures together, not per thingfactory. So I had choosen it too high.
But each map has probably different amount of thingfactories so the limit will affect the creatures amount very variable depending on the map.

Example:
A: a map with 10 thingfactories with 500 creatures each
B: a map with 5 thingfactories with 1000 creatures each
If bCapacity is set to 200, map A will produce 2000 creatures, map B 1000 creatures although both maps produce 5000 in orignal.

So one config for all maps is that a good idea?

EDIT: Perhaps I can add it to my mappatcher function in the monster hunt mod, that checks only will made in certain maps with different bCapacity values. I have to look into it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote: So one config for all maps is that a good idea?
No, you're right - it really does need to be configured individually for each map.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:EDIT: Perhaps I can add it to my mappatcher function in the monster hunt mod
FYI my changes for that map:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

case "MH-ATAA2-V3{fix}":
	switch (PatchStage)
	{
		case PS_PostBeginPlay:
			PredictedResult = 1;
			if (FindActorByName('MonsterEnd0', A, 'mhe'))
			{
				A.bHidden = true;
				PatchCount++;
			}
			Goto PatchMap_PatchWasDefined;

case PS_PreBeginPlay:
			PredictedResult = 19; // 7x ThingFactory x 2 changes, 1x SBCounter setting, 1x 'Trigger9'-setting, 1x additional SBCounter, 2x deleted objects = 20

foreach AllActors(class 'ThingFactory', TF) // #=7
			{
				TF.Capacity = 500; // mappers choices were 800 to 1000000...
				PatchCount++;
				A = SpawnActorToList(CounterClassNew, LogLevel, , TF.Tag);
				if (A != None)
				{
					//log("Added" @ A);
					SBCounter(A).NumToCount = TF.Capacity + 1;
					SBCounter(A).SkipFirstCounterEvents = 1;
					SBCounter(A).bShowMessage = true;
					SBCounter(A).bBroadCast = false;
					SBCounter(A).CountMessage = "Only %i more" @ TF.ProtoType.Name @ "to go...";
					PatchCount++;
				}

//if (TF.Tag == 'eedoa') // originally ThingFactory5
				if (TF.Name == 'ThingFactory5') // originally
				{
					TF.MaxItems = 40; // mappers choice: 10
					SBCounter(A).Event = 'Trigger9'; // switch trigger for Class'BPak.BRocket' on
					SBCounter(A).CompleteMessage = "Completed. Now you can destroy the crystal with the Instant Remover!";
					PatchCount++;
				}
			}
			// substitute 2x Counter by 1x SBCounter:
			if (FindActorByName('Trigger9', A, 'Trigger')) // trigger for Class'BPak.BRocket'
			{
				Trigger(A).bInitiallyActive = false;
				Trigger(A).Tag = 'Trigger9';
				Trigger(A).InitialState = COtherTriggerTurnsOn;
				Trigger(A).GotoState(A.InitialState);
				PatchCount++;

A2 = SpawnActorToList(CounterClassNew, LogLevel, , A.Event);
				if (A2 != None)
				{
					SBCounter(A2).NumToCount = 300; // Rockets to shoot
					SBCounter(A2).SkipFirstCounterEvents = 0;
					SBCounter(A2).bShowMessage = true;
					SBCounter(A2).bBroadCast = true;
					SBCounter(A2).CountMessage = "Only %i more crystal hits to go...";
					SBCounter(A2).Event = 'brkend';
					PatchCount++;

// get rid of second Trigger and Counter
					if (FindActorByName('Counter3', A, 'brkendcnta'))
					{
						A.Destroy();
						PatchCount++;
					}
					if (FindActorByName('Trigger8', A, 'endtb'))
					{
						A.Destroy();
						PatchCount++;
					}
				}
			}
			Goto PatchMap_PatchWasDefined;
		default:
			goto PatchMap_NoPatchDefined;
	}
	goto PatchMap_NoPatchDefined;
CounterClassNew is a custom extended counter that can process more than 255 count events.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thanx Barbie, nice to see how your mappatcher works.

EDIT:
Now with my adapted mappatcher function I am able to shoot the crystals.
I shoot over 30 minutes one of the middle crystals with Nali Weapons 3 (also with nukes) but I could not destroy it.
Isn't this map version (see first post) adapted to it so the crystals should be destroyable with all weapons now?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:Isn't this map version (see first post) adapted to it so the crystals should be destroyable with all weapons now?
I did not test it by playing, but from Trigger's logic the fix is incomplete: Trigger9 (within the crystal) with TriggerType TT_ClassProximity has been changed from Class'BPak.BRocket' to Class'Engine.Projectile' in ClassProximityType - this was the fix, but only the half. Because of Counter's maximum of 255 the original mapper has put a second Trigger/Counter combo to count until 510, but the "fixer" has forgotten to change ClassProximityType of that second trigger.

Event chain in a nutshell: Trigger9 (ClassProximityType=Class'Engine.Projectile') --counts--> Counter3 (NumtoCount=255) --enables--> Trigger8 (ClassProximityType=Class'BPak.BRocket') --counts--> Counter2 (NumtoCount=255) -- destroys crystal
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Ok then this map version can't be played here...

Back to bCapacity:
This works fine in general now here with my mappatcher function, but in two maps tested by me the end door do not open after killing all monsters. This worked fine without setting limits for the creatures factories. The maps are: MH-(_@_)_Lament and MH-(_@_)_Zeto_V2b.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

MH maps on our servers have been driving me crazy.. Looking forward to some fixed versions.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote:Back to bCapacity:
This works fine in general now here with my mappatcher function, but in two maps tested by me the end door do not open after killing all monsters. This worked fine without setting limits for the creatures factories.
I had a similar experience using MHMapAdjuster with both of FNB's MH maps - I couldn't progress beyond a certain point as doors wouldn't open - without MHMapAdjuster everything worked fine.