MH-GodzSaltified-5k: Too many Redeemers

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aldebaran
Masterful

MH-GodzSaltified-5k: Too many Redeemers

Post by Aldebaran »

I played this map recently and it was fun.
I played it without the many redeemers/warheadlaunchers available in the "special rooms" because I did not knew that they exist.
After I found them I think the map is not so much enjoyable because it is too easy to play (here with Nali Weapons 3).
There is an information sign that the redeemers should not be taken from the special room to the main rooms but nothing prevents me to do it.

So my question: wouldn't it be better that the player can't get back to the main room from the special rooms? The teleporter have to be removed then...
Or have I overlooked something because I think this map is played often and nobody has said something about it...

You can find the map here:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... map&id=717
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-GodzSaltified-5k: Too many Redeemers/Nukes

Post by EvilGrins »

Aldebaran wrote:So my question: wouldn't it be better that the player can't get back to the main room from the special rooms?
Nope.

Different players, different styles. Some folks would love the nukes and if they make the map too easy then it's more of a matter of getting tougher monsters... or seriously increasing the health of the ones already on the map.

You want more of a challenge? Try this · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:There is an information sign that the redeemers should not be taken from the special room to the main rooms but nothing prevents me to do it.
That small room has two Zones in it that destroy Player inventories' WarHeadLauncher ("NoDeemerZone") respective R2k3_Redeemer ("NoDeemerkZone") on entering that zone (see pic).
MH-GodzSaltified-NoDeemerZone.jpg
Other weapons are not treated. So if you can carry your demeers there, they must be of another type.
code of NoDeemerkZone

Code: Select all

//=============================================================================
// NoDeemerkZone.
//=============================================================================
class NoDeemerkZone expands ZoneInfo;

event ActorEntered (actor Other)
{
	local Inventory I;
	Super.ActorEntered(Other);

if ( Other.IsA('Pawn') && Pawn(Other).bIsPlayer )	
	{
	for ( I=Other.Inventory; I!=None; I=I.Inventory )
		if ( I.IsA('R2k3_Redeemer') ) // "NoDeemerZone" has 'WarHeadLauncher' here
			I.Destroy();
	}
}
Aldebaran wrote:So my question: wouldn't it be better that the player can't get back to the main room from the special rooms? The teleporter have to be removed then...
If Translocator is available, that zones and teleporters can be skipped and usage of Zone.ActorEntered() as well as disabling teleporter is useless.
IMO a better solution would be replacing that demeers for the puzzle with ones that simply makes no damage. Then you can carry as much as you like without effecting game play. :mrgreen:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:Other weapons are not treated. So if you can carry your demeers there, they must be of another type.
Yes, I played with Nali Weapons 3.
Barbie wrote:that destroy Player inventories' WarHeadLauncher ("NoDeemerZone") respective R2k3_Redeemer ("NoDeemerkZone") on entering that zone
I had already guessed that the map works in that way.
So adding Nali Weapons 3 Launchers (NuclearLauncher, Megaton, UltimaProtos, CybotLauncher, Ionizer, TheOversurrector) into the destroy routine would solve the problem too. But they are too strong for that small room anyway. You would kill yourself by using them there.
So another weapon would be a better option then perhaps.

Thanx for investigate this for me Barbie.
I have to wait for another version then...