Sadly I was not able to find the specific reason for that flickering and/or vanishing of Mover surfaces. Reducing the amount as Hellkeeper suggested is of course an option, but I got also flickering surfaces with 7 Movers only.
I tried different things:
- Reducing brush sizes below 32k UU, because I noticed at another map that the engine has issues displaying Textures on surfaces sized beyond 32k.
- Removed all custom Textures and SkyZone.
- Transformed all Brush operations to "Permanently".
- Gave Movers different values for "MoveTime".
- Creating a small map from the scratch with more than 60 Movers: it has also flickering effects.
I reduced the amount of Movers of original map until no flickering effects occur: depending on what Movers I delete, the threshold for flickering effects varies, I got that with 26, another time with 7. Also the position of the Movers has influence on flickering effects.
Metalfist wrote:Maybe the brushes can be merged together into 1 brush and move them as 1 mover?
Just tried that and got same effects with it.
PS: Some months ago I run into a similar problem, see Flickering doors (Mover)