How to remove a bot from map?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

How to remove a bot from map?

Post by Barbie »

In map "MH-B99_MinasTirith" the mapper has put a "TFemale1Bot". How can I remove that Bot dynamically on loading map (not by editing map)? If I do a

Code: Select all

FindActorByName('TFemale1Bot0').Destroy()
in my MapPatcher mutator, a new Bot is respawned when last player leaves.
Ideally it should still be possible to add bots manually.

PS: Code snippet is simplified; it just should make clear what my Mutator is doing there.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: How to remove a bot from map?

Post by EvilGrins »

In UnrealEd click on the binoculars to find her, and then just hit Delete. Save the map under a different name, so as to keep close to your request.

Sort of came up before · viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3297

Before I knew how to edit it myself, someone skinned that bot for me · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3920

It's one of my fave maps now, and has encouraged me to put bots on a few other MH maps.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

Grinz he wants to delete on map load with his own mutator. He doesn't want to edit the map. That would cause issues on servers.

There has to be more to the bot than that. Like a level only setting that is telling your game that there should be one bot. Maybe an info that is spawned with the bot? Just an idea. Deleting the bot should be the solution but if it comes back....then there's more to it than that.

I can only give you my thought. I don't know how to help other than giving ideas.

Hope that helps you out.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

SilverSound wrote:Grinz he wants to delete on map load with his own mutator. He doesn't want to edit the map. That would cause issues on servers.
Which is why I said rename it... so no issues.

Yeah, I didn't see the "no edit" thing when I first read the initial post. My bad.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Ever thought of marking said actor invalid to be non-functional on the map? Maybe different technique would be interesting!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Be careful guys to not overheat your brain... because Bot is a bitch.

Code: Select all

if (DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game) != None)
	DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game).MinPlayers = 0;
	FindCrapAndDestroyIt(); //or make it useful by assigning team and giving it a full loaded weapon  :mrgreen:

After waiting a bit because you don't know what does some "toy" there in PostBeginPlay or whatever.
My old problem in this map was not Bot from there (I give it a weapon), else some "use lives" setup will make it to stay away with no respawn just because it was exhausting "lives" - this was one of reasons keeping me away from "fixing" hilarious Lives system which Shrimp did - it is proving helpful right now. The map (Older one) had a lot of IntroDude craps pissing me off all time. I'm just using another map with NO bullshit inside - that simple. If nobody was fixing this for 10 years I won't live with trash 20 years. If the dude who made it will release a clean good thing I'll use that, until that day (or night) I'm using a place-holder in order to have things more comfortable - not to mention a few pathing corrections which I did and which original doesn't have :pfff: .

EDIT PS:
My sort of fix for MH mod was intended to make it useful and not getting rid of it. Problem were... paths and other things around (first WayPoint is outta yard if I well recall), and None weapon - no ammo for the freak - actually that things was there to mock game with 0 help. Else it would be needed a check for something attempting to screw "MinPlayers".
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Chamberly wrote:Ever thought of marking said actor invalid to be non-functional on the map? Maybe different technique would be interesting!
That would be an option: send bot to state 'GameEnded', remove its collison and make it invisible. But this would only be a workaround.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

This is one spot where a new map should be created without the bot. All these suggestions are sledgehammers trying to drive a small nail. Too many unforeseen consequences could happen. Edit the map, post the update and let's let the old one just die. No one likes that bot shit anyway.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Have you tried simply asking the bot to leave? Politeness goes a long way!
JackGriffin wrote:No one likes that bot shit anyway.
You are so lucky the bots don't have their own union (Local Liandri #32) or you would be sued for that remark, sir.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

The only bots that hate me are the ones with 'aim' in their name :agree1:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

@Barbie: After exhausting "Lives" after a single death - (Using lives - 900+) trust me that freak goes to game ended itself - if MH has Lives system closer to original. For me was challenging to make it operational and... efficient because Skaarjs there killed it faster and... it was remaining dead.

Aside, I gotta be agree with Jack. That thing does spam errors, is not part of team-hunters and I see it in some MH version unskinned looking as a trash. If any admin wants Bots it's his/her decision how many and what types are used. At this point this is a map goofing to force a stupid Bot unarmed and useless (mooing probably at DU mutator from old times which was screwing badly if a Bot enters the game - lol timers).