TrophyDude

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

TrophyDude

Post by Barbie »

Recently I noticed a mapper has put a Decoration "TrophyDude" into his map ("MH-ScrewedUpMonstersV2.unr"). That Actor is not visible in UnrealEd nor while running the map, and no suspicious log entries occurred. What is that Actor good for?

Furthermore I was interested in its animations Mesh'BotPack.TrophyMale1' and tried to watch them in UnrealEd, but running anim "Trophy6" causes a GPF. What's wrong here?
Attachments
GPF-Mesh-TrophyMale1-Trophy6.jpg
GPF-Mesh-TrophyMale1-Trophy6.jpg (53.75 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: TrophyDude

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote: and no suspicious log entries occurred.
... cough, such a map (I think not v2) was spamming more than 300 MB of crap in log due to meshes screwed so I wrote something cute at monsters, just to ruin the retarded job, aside I think more actors there are "tweaked". I wouldn't waste time with such lousy maps, their destination is deletion with HDD space filled with 0 zero bytes for prevent being recovered.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:
Barbie wrote: and no suspicious log entries occurred.
... cough, such a map (I think not v2) was spamming more than 300 MB of crap in log due to meshes screwed
That's right, but I was on talking about TrophyDude - nothing else except a PlayerStart was in my test map, where no suspicious log entries occurred.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

People use that as a scale so they can move it around and see how a map looks compared to a normal person's size.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
smeerkat
Skilled
Personal rank: DHR

Post by smeerkat »

JackGriffin wrote:People use that as a scale so they can move it around and see how a map looks compared to a normal person's size.
No, that's the IntroDude. I don't know what the TrophyDude does, but I'm guessing he's the animated dude in the game's intro.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Some day community needs to do a full revision at BotPack. When you try browsing meshes for "LodMesh'Botpack.TrophyMale1" Editor is crashing. If you add a "book" to the map and you Paste mesh there book will go invisible - I believe that mesh doesn't even exist. Like I said I am doing research in how the heck was compiled this thing - to not forget "stukka" also content of BotPack - but at least from there I could get the mesh over a book.
To summarize, BotPack has meshes rammed being an utter crap, that's why I went busy with remaking it - but probably I will not be capable of doing this job alone...
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

smeerkat wrote:No, that's the IntroDude. I don't know what the TrophyDude does, but I'm guessing he's the animated dude in the game's intro.
Ah yeah you are right, got them confused. Just took a look at it and it's got some interesting animations. NOTE: If you do place one it doesn't have a skin assigned so it will be invisible. Just assign it some bullshit texture in multiskins(0) and you'll be able to see the model.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Heh, so the model it's visible but getting it in browser does funky things.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

It's that final anim sequence. It's got a bad frame imported into it or something. It could be fixed but there's no point.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Ahah, so I got an idea about some MH episode, something like this used triggered in the right moment... I found the right skin and it do looks pretty good.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I just fixed a map where such a TrophyDude would fit in, and so I made a package of it. From the summary:
summary wrote:The decoration SBTrophyDude looks like a male soldier and can do up to five different randomly choosen animations on triggering. You can assign a probability weight for each animation and also an event that is fired if that animation is played.
Download at usual place; test map and source code included.
Attachments
SBTrophyDudeSkinned.png
SBTrophyDudeSkinned.png (13 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:I just fixed a map where such a TrophyDude would fit in, and so I made a package of it. From the summary:
summary wrote:The decoration SBTrophyDude looks like a male soldier and can do up to five different randomly choosen animations on triggering. You can assign a probability weight for each animation and also an event that is fired if that animation is played.
Download at usual place; test map and source code included.
Haha ...He wears his second pants as a shirt.

Soooo ...you can use this guy as decoration? For example as audience for an arena.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:Haha ...He wears his second pants as a shirt.
Yep, it looks a bit wired. How can I fix that? I have set MultiSkins(1)=Texture'commandoskins.cmdo2' and MultiSkins(2)=Texture'commandoskins.cmdo3'.
<EDIT>
Got it: MultiSkins(3)=Texture'commandoskins.cmdo4' shows the correct upper part. Something else I missed?
</EDIT>
papercoffee wrote:Soooo ...you can use this guy as decoration? For example as audience for an arena.
Yes, and they can be triggered by StochasticTrigger or by normal Trigger touched by players.

PS: For some reasons that Dude is not visible on net play. I'm on it...
<EDIT2>
Has bMeshEnviroMap=True for this?
</EDIT2>
<EDIT3>
I think I got it: Because that Dude is behind a (semi)solid transparent brush, it is the same problem as papercoffee's FastSprocket: its just not relevant any more - I will replace that brush with a mover.
</EDIT3>
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:to not forget "stukka"
Just one wrong setting in defaults... come on. 8)
Attachments
Stukka.jpg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did in the past a DM map with a plane bombing area... it was INVISIBLE On-Line no worries, I know what I'm saying. "Book" was working properly.