Some things I can't fix...

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Re: Some things I can't fix...

Post by SilverSound »

papercoffee wrote:Instead of a Team-cannon, what about a Tentacle ...can this monster be assigned* to a team? Like the Team-Titan.

*and with assigned I mean coded.

You would still have some issues. As sektor mentioned: CTF is not coded properly to handle anything other than Players. Unless they have replification info (I think this means they get a spot on the scoreboard) they will spit out log errors.(besides...those turrets are cool!)

If someone could point me in the right direction there I can subclass CTF to do a fix or even add this to the turrets. My own prodding has left me brain dead.

I think I fixed the aggression issue. I need to spectate to confirm.

I will for sure add stuff to redbase to make things fair. The map is getting some new things. (how an underground section to redbase sound? Similar to bluebase.)

Just have to finish up blue base. It's not done.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Instead of a Team-cannon, what about a Tentacle ...can this monster be assigned* to a team? Like the Team-Titan.
TeamMonster.u was originally designed for CTF. I first found it on CTF-FaceKrall.
Attachments
Clip001.png
Clip001.png (10.82 KiB) Viewed 838 times
TeamMonster.u
(590.11 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

EvilGrins wrote:
TeamMonster.u was originally designed for CTF. I first found it on CTF-FaceKrall.
OH! Thanks for this! Could prove useful in fixing my cannons!
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote: TeamMonster.u was originally designed for CTF. I first found it on CTF-FaceKrall.
And CTF was never designed for non players - so it's spamming crap. But UTDMT is indeed a sort of player (bad coded no worries) which is way more compatible than the rest.
A "forced" CTF server with all pawn-soup won't survive that much as you count on it, regarding to "awesome" ideas from everywhere.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Been doing a lot of editing lately with these cannons and I've made an interesting discovery. While for still whatever unknown reason they're incapable of harming UTDMT (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titans) it turns out they can hurt and kill UTDMW (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Warlords) just fine.

Still not entirely sure why... but so long as the Warlords are on a map with the cannons, everything works as they're supposed to.
Attachments
Shot0009.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Titans are not wounded by small "splash-damage" type projectiles exactly as Shock-Balls from ShockRifle... except those Titans from Monster Gaming Server (which has some... corrections, lol), boulders thrown are different as well. Indeed, by using stock packages there is nothing to fix.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:11 pmTitans are not wounded by small "splash-damage" type projectiles exactly as Shock-Balls from ShockRifle
Apparently that's right.

I changed the projectiles on the cannons to rockets over energy bursts and they killed that UTDMT easily.