DM-Treatcherous-Beta01 (work in progress)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: DM-Treatcherous-Beta01 (work in progress)

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, I don't have resources for a video record and I'm not interested to upload movies on Youtube... but we can use a... sample map known with Good Paths (or almost good).

Load Map Arden+fix1 (no worries nobody is fixing nothing Bot related - by default). Start match alone and let's do some stunts.
First we kill monsters because we don't need them right now - Tilde for ConsoleCommand "~" or whatever key >>
- KillAll ScriptedPawn (do not do this in maps with 3262 creatures);
- ShowAll - rent here a sort of Bot Eye;
Now get rid of console for a few moments. Proceed to walk nearby those 2 houses where usually are 3 tentacles and that Megatitan crap (now they are gone after previous command). Stay closer to a PathNode and fire console again >>
- RememberSpot - After this command your current location is set as your destination - yes, PlayerPawn has "destination" "enemy" like other pawns - in game we are all Pawns (I feel good this way);
Close console and move back to PlayerStarts spot somewhere nearby boxes where are other PathNodes. Once reached there Open console and Input >>
- ShowPath - right now a sort of "UnrealI.Lamp4" suited "WayBeacon" owned by yourself and visible only by yourself will spawn on a closer PathNode showing you that so called RouteCache[0]. You have 6 seconds to reach at that PathNode and to touch it. When you touch that "WayBeacon" another node will spawn another WayBeacon where previously was RouteCache[1] - now is RouteCache[0] with a new beacon. These lamps by touching them, will drive your steps to a location where "Destination" is "PointReachable". If path is not found Nothing spawns and log is saying "didn't find path" else will say "path found".

Based on this chapter I was developing BotyMan muts and MHBotyman tester/debugger with add-ons - different messages and background scan for path debugging. MHBotyMan is even drawing all RouteCaches[x] if they are available, and its using the same WayBeacon for preventing stacking actors when navigation is started, and you don't need to follow nodes exactly like a bot, simply you can see a sort of target circle around when paths are OK.
This stuff helped me to understand navigation not tutorials with riddles and stories. Nodes have to be REACHABLE each-other Not really visible. Teleporters from different zones are Reachable but mainly not that visible...
Chapter Pathing is really nice if you understand it.