What feature do we want to see in UnrealED2?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: What feature do we want to see in UnrealED2?

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:47 amWe can take in account Tag placed by Editor. I'm not sure how much it's used.
In my MapPatcher I use it often. In most cases it reduces the number of changes from native code to UScript to a few percent of the iterations.
Example: a map may contain 1000 Actors and 6 CreatureFactories with a given Tag "CreatureFactory". When I search for "CreatureFactory0" without Tag, in average the iterator is called 1000/2=500 times. Searching together with the tag the iterator will be called 6/2=3 times.
function bool FindActorByName()
function bool FindActorByName(name ActorName, out Actor FoundActor, optional name ActorTag) {
local Actor A;

foreach AllActors(class'Actor', A, ActorTag)
if (A.Name == ActorName)
{
FoundActor = A;
logger(Log_Debug, "FindActorByName", ActorName @ "found");
return true;
}
logger(LOG_Error, "FindActorByName", ActorName @ "not found");
return false;
}
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I understand, so we can leave alone TAG data in order to speed up future touches, run-time changes, etc.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Here is what I have so far - I'm not done with Mr. Garbage.
https://hofgamingclan.com/forums/viewto ... 2904#p2894
Next version from month MAY will have actor-finder-selector - I need this at finding and cutting them into outside TXT files because not everything from UT will open in U227 Editor and I have to backup UT stuff in advanced paths editing process, U227 which do seems to work with this builder too - okay, I did not check all features in U227 because purpose was UT Editor not elsewhere. Also Actor replaced in next version will clone more parameters...
April version has also UScript clones or closer to original ruined commands LEVEL VALIDATE, LEVEL LINKS, LEVEL FIX - which is not an exact Level fixing if it would be applied repeatedly.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Such things I was asking in XC threads - these are working for real in UGold227...
NotInUTYet.PNG
NotInUTYet.PNG (9.37 KiB) Viewed 548 times
But at least I can use two Editors...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

43) Movers should display a line that shows their path.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

44) PrunedPaths should be visible too.
45) Map should be DELETED, not saved without PlayerStart actors and also when has Un-Compiled garbage.
46) A clone of DescribeSpec which must have a FULL reachSpec description not what is described at this moment.
47) We need some dedicated strings for connecting/not connecting paths - not new values but their own tags:
- N_Pathnode21 - Do Not connect Pathnode21
- C_Pathnode21 - Force a connection to Pathnode21 using at least R_Jump/R_Walk and R_Rwim if goes in/from water - R_FLY if it's really UnReachable by a ground unit
else...
- C_Pathnode21_20_40_9_1 = Connect PathNode with spec CollisionRadius 20 CollisionHeight 40 using R_Walk | R_Jump and bTwoWay = True.
I think this is what a smart Editor should have letting people to connect Nodes over bridges/boxes ect how they want, including when Funky wants to have a connection which no one can use like in months before.
48) Deleting a reachSpec and remapping correctly all remaining reachSpecs in Nav.Points as they have to be by using C++ Iterations out of limits.
U227 has this removal of reachSpec feature but he said:

Code: Select all

Remove an existing reachspec.
WARNING: If you remove for example, reachspec #25, all remaining reachspecs after will go -1; #26 becomes #25, #27 becomes #26 etc. It could break
down entire map navigation for AI! */
native(1714) final function bool RemoveReachSpec( int Idx );
Why would break down entire map navigation for ALL ? - not only A.I. uses navigation network, I'm using it too. All Paths and upstreamPaths should be recounted correctly and here PrunedPaths can be... DELETED by default if they exist at once with all junkie bytes added and not finished in UT.

49) Editor Engine should not use an iterations limitation at least not in a builder even if it uses UScript - WHAT the heck is that thing for in Editor ? Godamn, we don't lag game in Editor.

50) ActorListSize in LevelSummary it's ALWAYS 0 :loool: Give me a native accessing a processing-progress bar when I'm accessing foreach ALLActors and allow me calculating task progress based on ActorListSize which I don't get why must be ZERO when it should be updated.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Mirror at this unit size... would be so much easier for BT mapping and some CTF's.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

51) Maybe this is too much for an old editor but I know UE4 editor lets you define an area in which light won't be rebuilt so that the lighting building process takes less time. That would be nice to have in UEd.

I was wondering something anyway, UEd 2.1 standalone edition is not official (although the copyright states so), are you going to use it as a base for the updates or are you going to use the official one?
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

I don't know for sure since I don't use the feature myself, but you could try the grouping function of the editor, see if that speeds up things for you.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This may be be more of a me thing, given the kind of map edits I frequently do, but it would be nice if there was a more general item swapping option.

I frequently make multiple edits of maps I like, such as with MonsterHunt, where I swap monsters for other monsters or weapons with other weapons... and it would be easier if I didn't have to hunt down (even with the binoculars this is tedious) each thing I want to swap.

Would be ideal if I could just select all of a type of monster or weapon and then hit something else that swapped it with whatever I wanted all at once.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:55 pm Would be ideal if I could just select all of a type of monster or weapon and then hit something else that swapped it with whatever I wanted all at once.
MapGarbage already does this in a few mouse-clicks. I'm not spending ages for replacing every single actor.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Obvious question - why do we see mover options via right click on normal brushes or brushes that are not movers? Did anyone use any mover stuff/functions on these brushes?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Chamberly wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:54 pmwhy do we see mover options via right click on normal brushes or brushes that are not movers?
I guess the editor developers had created only one context menu for brushes, and not a separate one for movers. (Movers are a sub class of brushes.) Mover commands on normal brushes seem to be ignored.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And this is a critical problem ? Because we cannot edit mover properties on a NON-Mover brush Editor will explode ? :wtf: Why not having more context menu commands ?
You need a context delayed "hint" when cursor it's around a Vertex or even a context menu showing parameters - we might need to see if it's really aligned at grid or not - mover or non-mover - more useful than removing context menus that... should be configurable in UnrealED.ini.
Select surface - open context menu:
- texture apply
- surface examination: coplanar, non-coplanar
- ect.
I demand more context menu commands !
Context menu over an actor - list changed default properties;
Context menu over a NavigationPoint - summarize all Connections;
Context menu over a path line - show all reachSpec parameters - including the not shown anywhere collision data;
Context Menu generally - Zone information - list changes which might mess things up.

Hint me when these will come to reality...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:23 am I demand more context menu commands !
Well, that was also one of my suggestions:
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:44 pm 5) Custom commandlets (for now they can only be one through the BrushBuilder from what I know). It would be very helpful if we could give them an icon and place them into a category, or placing them into the right click context menus. (I know there are Plug-Ins for this too but I don't know how to use them);