Photorealistic CTF-Face

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Photorealistic CTF-Face

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I'm retexturizing/remastering CTF-Face with some of those photorealistic textures, do you like it?
Blue.png
Red.png
I wrote "remastering" cause of some textures which come as decorations of ShaneChurch's textures. For example the angel with the shield in the blue base and the crucified nali in the red one, and so I'm trying to place those decos onto the new textures:
Blue2.png
And another try with a real shield:
Blue3.png
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Photorealistic CTF-Face

Post by EvilGrins »

That looks scary amazingly good.

Players are gonna seem kinda bland playing on it, by comparison!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Are you going to fix the BSP crap as well?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:Are you going to fix the BSP crap as well?
Do you mean the invisible floor on the red tower and the BlockAll's in the blue one?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Do you mean the invisible floor on the red tower and the BlockAll's in the blue one?
Yes. :mrgreen:
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Yes. :mrgreen:
You should be afraid of the BSP cuts these brushes could make, looks like there's no any when I play it, but who knows...
crucifiedNali.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

There are not only BSP problems, we have miss-balanced teams ( see TeamTriggers/DistanceViewTrigger/s setup ). You can remove those dumb things because in 2017 we might have other karmic goodies for defenders, not what is written in that sniper mutator posted around rotating decorations, but something more real and more natural... Do geometry properly and textures and then I'll do "adds" and then uploading it into my playground. Do not forget Net setup for asteroids.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Of what geometry are you talking about?
what do you mean with the asteroid net?
EDIT: ohh net in that sense. I thought there was a net between asteroids XD.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Asteroids not loaded in net play.
And yes the miss-balance of the teams is also very frustrating.
@sektor2111 oh... YES, can you fix this map with your magic? I've never bothered to fix it because I played it not that often because the layout idea may be good but the implementation wasn't.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All right, people, let's see how we can use a bit smarty some Net resources for a few stuff who needs this. Also Higor might come with... ideas or some advice, completions.

Asteroids (aka boulders) are never seen ON-Line not because they are not there, but because such stuff is not intended to be rendered outside of player zone. They are in SkyBox, supposed to not be seen, :loool: EPIC, but only brushes there have a deal in player render ( and Editor when is set ), A monster or such actors with a Mesh will not render animations outside of player view especially if are bStasis (monster is calling this all time so changing it is pointless) if you wanna see monster behind a glass - when monster is waiting you might not see it animating all time - yeah, geniuses asking craps to admins, wanna see lousy things ? ENJOY the trash on table ! Now... boulders because we don't need a lot of channels used, we might limit using bAlwaysRelevant to a few pieces in order to not make a map to look retarded ON-LINE because replicating visuals to client are consuming Net resources which are LIMITED. Also they have to go bStasis FALSE, else they will not perform animations if are not in the same zone as the player and visible directly by player - in this case for sure they are part of SkyBox. What I mean with Limited Net resources is that UE1 uses 1024 channels between server and client regarding to your 100 cores which your CPU might have, or to a super duper client machine - is useless. Engine has default hard-coded limits because is not entirely ready for FUTURE as it was crapped (oops written) in a DOC - FALSE ALARM there so to speak. ROLE_DumbProxy might be useful for decreasing bandwidth used. Purpose of map is to have Players (All Types) well updated into Network and projectiles clearly visible NOT Warping because of a Net Overload.
Yes, I'm playing well such a map because I stay with such setup in a limit of 10-20 pieces - Servers might be running other stuff loading Net as well and exhausting Network with admin type farts, so I can play a CTF around Monsters in good conditions.

Now the home exercise:
Look for map in section tutorials for "Movers not Recommended" - yeah, that one has other stuff as well - like I said, I know what I'm doing here and there. There is an actor radius checker triggering Bot to shoot a TARGET. We might modify this for having as target a Pawn which is triggering hate at Bot, yeah we don't need bIsPlayer craps, we are query if Bot is not loving that pawn which might have a FASTTRACE with Bot and... do shoot the Pawn-Target. For sure guardians snipers are in checks with No Velocity and ALIVE ( excepting dead pawns to shoot enemies :loool: ) - we can debate Pawns very ALIVE and NOT bHIDDEN, also prevent shooting spectators and different cadavers spectating decapitated from floor, and without to mess with Engine.Pawn.AdjustAim garbage.
When Actor is ready, let me see it. If you think is hard to make one with a state based code, then let's write this defender stuff together. Probably actor will cause less processing than original CTF-Face :lol2: .
I recommend using default Linked lists (PawnList and or While loops) as long as CTF-Face is not supposed for playing around 1000+ creatures/players, so it will work fast.
ExtraInfo: Probably such thing will be accepted by admins of sniper-server as a ServerActor in purpose to morph a Bot into a Player properly instructed with "Sniper Rifle"...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Random Bump...

Any progress on this, or it's just another thread started useless ?
BPS problems ? No wonder...
Btw, I have extracted buildings and transporting them into other sort of map, aligned well doesn't look rammed either - I used that cube to test a saber thing but I did not have patience to align textures properly.... You can do the same thing with bases... probably map will have a more solid build...

As a matter of fact you can inspect VIA MyLevel Texture called "KamahT.utx" also a big size, maybe there is something to match this CTF-Face in a better look.

To not forget some sound adjusting (a sort of echo ?) by adjusting zone reverberation. Huh ?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:Random Bump...

Any progress on this, or it's just another thread started useless ?
BPS problems ? No wonder...
Btw, I have extracted buildings and transporting them into other sort of map, aligned well doesn't look rammed either - I used that cube to test a saber thing but I did not have patience to align textures properly.... You can do the same thing with bases... probably map will have a more solid build...

As a matter of fact you can inspect VIA MyLevel Texture called "KamahT.utx" also a big size, maybe there is something to match this CTF-Face in a better look.

To not forget some sound adjusting (a sort of echo ?) by adjusting zone reverberation. Huh ?
Me = someone who likes to do many things but almost never finish them all (cause I like to start new things indeed). Call it a problem, but I'm not sure if it is one or not.
You all can modify it :D I wasn't having much BSP problems actually but I started doing lot of other stuff and maps and codes etc that I was forgetting about this map.

A new screenshot should be taken, all the new textures I used are from photorealistic.utx, but I imported them into MyLevel package. Maybe, this is the time to "force" players to download all those 666MB, if this map becomes rly nice, people would probably be more patient... ...probably.
Attachments
CTF-Face_pr.unr
(9.83 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Loading hundreds of MB is not productive either, it needs memory and... some time spent, really doesn't make sense to load 700 MB for 10-15 textures... and not even 50 MB. This is far from what is called OPTIMIZATION.

Edit:
You have to be kidding... HAVE YOU DID TEST THIS THING ?
Everyone dies at starting match Nothing is changed at snipers and neither the rest of stuff...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:Loading hundreds of MB is not productive either, it needs memory and... some time spent, really doesn't make sense to load 700 MB for 10-15 textures... and not even 50 MB. This is far from what is called OPTIMIZATION.

Edit:
You have to be kidding... HAVE YOU DID TEST THIS THING ?
Everyone dies at starting match Nothing is changed at snipers and neither the rest of stuff...
Everyone dies at match start? Maybe I didn't rebuild the light last month, anyway, about the other stuff, my project was to retexturize the entire map, that was already a lot if I added those brushes.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Anybody know if there's any photorealistic textures of Titans?

I may wanna edit some UTDMT on this thing eventually.

*dramatic pause*

Haven't tried playing it yet, but I was about to... when I noticed this weirdness:

WTF?!?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758