Event 1002 application hang (UnrealTournament.exe)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Event 1002 application hang (UnrealTournament.exe)

Post by Barbie »

Recently I run into a new kind of error: while playing a map I suddenly get a Windows message "UnrealTournament.exe does not work anymore" (Event 1002). UnrealTournament.log is not helpful because it is incomplete and cut off. This error is not reproducible but seems to happen sometimes if I enter a specific location in the map (see pic). After I removed the (disabled) trigger that covers this location I was not able to reproduce this error.

Because the trigger's collision cylinder also covers a mover's keynum 1 (default is 0): Are there known issues for such a constellation? Or is the RifleAmmo responsible for it? (Yes, it is bad placed ;)
Attachments
TriggerMoverCrash.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Event 1002 application hang (UnrealTournament.exe)

Post by Carbon »

Look into the system event logs. "Event 1002" is too generic to diagnose but usually indicates software that is somehow incompatible with Windows. Not a problem specific to UT, I would guess; it is just evidenced within the program.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This may seem a tad extreme, but... DELETE THE MAP!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Stupid windows admin crap built in isn't giving you permission of the trigger. :P

I kind of lean to a sound or video prob. Or some funky graphic thing with the trigger combo. hard drive ?
Binary Space Partitioning