2 CTF maps with UTDMT in Deutsche

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

2 CTF maps with UTDMT in Deutsche

Post by EvilGrins »

A stretch back papercoffee requested 2 CTF with UTDMT, but he wanted them to be "speaking" in German. I was all for hitting up Google's translate function, but paper wanted to translate what they said himself... so I waited on that translation.

Took a bit, he forgot about it a few times.

By the same token, I've been lagging on finishing up the edit for awhile. Basic map edits were easy enough but inserting the translations took awhile (plus I had to hit up Google Translate anyway as paper forgot 1 line) as I only really had time for it recently:
I didn't customize the bots' speech, I've got 1 voicepack in German and only the male side of the Hello Kitty Corps use it.

CTF-CaveGiant wouldn't have been my 1st choice for UTDMT. It's a hard enough map to play without them, but as the large Titan-bots tend to bounce everything fairly often, it makes it really tricky... or very challenging for some, I suppose:
Also they don't have as many places to wander... which can get a bit weird.

CaveGiant edit the UTDMT have full access to pretty much anywhere on the map:

Whereas the NorthernLights edit...
...the UTDMT cannot leave the flag rooms.

Usual Suspects:
.unr /maps
.umx /music
.u /system
.utx /textures
.txt - papercoffe's translations
.png - pwetty

How to customize a UTDMT · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/98908.html

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/f666v78bl ... fUTDMT.zip
Last edited by EvilGrins on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: 2 CTF maps with UTDMT in Deutsche

Post by sektor2111 »

UTDMT comes with an INI FILE having there all speech. If you wanna mess UTDMT you can remove INI letting map to work by itself but I repeat: UTDMT IT'S CONFIGURABLE so any admin/user can do what wants without making useless copies of the same map.
Things in account for UTDMT said multiple times:
- UTDMT.utx file is an useless nonsense which no map uses causing only mismatches and a file loaded pointless - it is just a renamed U file into an utx so is not a real utx texture file - it's just a trash floating around;
- It's way easy to customize 3 INI files that can be rotated rather than editing 3 maps for each UTDMT config - doable by anyone, and Editor is not needed for such a task, just sharing 3 different INI files and making all UTDMT maps to work in the same way, in French, In Spanish, in any Language, by using only ONE map and not 100 maps for 100 Languages.

Aside: I have rewritten this UTDMT as long as it has bugs - new package will not work conformed because of new content which old package doesn't have, so we don't have compatibility. Yeah, my UTDMT uses rotating Boulders ON-LINE and more cleaner logs because I did not ask for Accessed None/s errors and I'm not interested about such things to mock my games.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:UTDMT comes with an INI FILE having there all speech
My issue with the .ini is it's new, and it uses the same filenames which will lead to file conflicts on servers. The UTDMT, which is much older, has everything hardwired into it and configurable that's in the .ini that now exists.

Either or, I don't have or use the .ini and don't expect I likely will. Take the old map CTF-Titania, both UTDMT have largely identical messages in them.. but they're also individually configured to argue with each other. Each one has messages setup in them specific to targeting the other UTDMT on the map.

I don't know that CTF-Titania would work with the .ini as is.

Yeah, the .utx is futzy but everytime I run a map through UT-mapper it tells me it's required. One of these days I may remove it from UT to see if the maps work without it, but it's no big deal to me.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

PumucklsOma.jpg
PumucklsOma.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
These are German words, but the sentence makes no sense ("I understand only train station"). What was the original message?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Not sure about your translation skills Barbie. My German isn't good, but I don't think it says "I understand only train station".

My grandmother hits harder than (West?) and she's dead. :?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:
PumucklsOma.jpg
These are German words, but the sentence makes no sense ("I understand only train station"). What was the original message?
Carbon wrote:Not sure about your translation skills Barbie. My German isn't good, but I don't think it says "I understand only train station".

My grandmother hits harder than (West?) and she's dead. :?
West seems to be the name of a bot.

@Barbie
Meine Großmutter trifft härter als Loque, Und sie ist tot! :mrgreen: better now?

@Carbon
"I understand only train station" is a joke about a saying in German "Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof." which means "It's all Greek to me." ..."I don't get it."
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:These are German words, but the sentence makes no sense ("I understand only train station").
Talk to papercoffee about it.
Barbie wrote:What was the original message?
I included a .txt file with all of paper's translations in the .zip the maps are in.

But:
My grandma hits harder than %p, and she's dead! =================== Meine Großmutter trifft härter als %p, Und Sie ist tot!

%p = where the UTDMT puts the name of whatever player they're talking about/to.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Found an unanticipated glitch I can't account for, on the CTF-XMC-NorthernLights edit.

UTDMT create their own spawnpoint, so whenever they die the respawn back into the game wherever they started from.

For some reason, the UTDMT don't respawn on this map. I've no idea why... but due to this I won't be keeping this one in my collection.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Found an unanticipated glitch I can't account for, on the CTF-XMC-NorthernLights edit.

UTDMT create their own spawnpoint, so whenever they die the respawn back into the game wherever they started from.

For some reason, the UTDMT don't respawn on this map. I've no idea why... but due to this I won't be keeping this one in my collection.
Hmmmm... that's odd. You said they can't leave the bases. Maybe it's not enough room to respawn for them.
Did you try to place them outside?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:You said they can't leave the bases. Maybe it's not enough room to respawn for them.
There's enough room. Space near where they're placed has a lot of spare room, and the Titans can move everywhere within the base.
papercoffee wrote:Did you try to place them outside?
Nope. Usually, for defense purposes, I try to keep them relatively close to where main access to the flag is, as other mappers who've used them have.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
papercoffee wrote:You said they can't leave the bases. Maybe it's not enough room to respawn for them.
There's enough room. Space near where they're placed has a lot of spare room, and the Titans can move everywhere within the base.
Hm... strange.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I tried that map and found that only Donder (blue team) does not respawn. The log says: ScriptLog: Autoplay.UTDMTStartPoint1 Player start not useable!!!
EvilGrins wrote:
There's enough room.
I guess Donder is placed too close to Brush102 so that the respawn fails (see pic).
DonderStart.jpg
EvilGrins wrote:the UTDMT cannot leave the flag rooms.
IDK if it is intended - they cannot leave because the opening is too small for their collision cylinder.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:I tried that map and found that only Donder (blue team) does not respawn. The log says: ScriptLog: Autoplay.UTDMTStartPoint1 Player start not useable!!!
EvilGrins wrote:
There's enough room.
I guess Donder is placed too close to Brush102 so that the respawn fails (see pic).
DonderStart.jpg
EvilGrins wrote:the UTDMT cannot leave the flag rooms.
IDK if it is intended - they cannot leave because the opening is too small for their collision cylinder.
Aaaha... I knew it.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Aaaha... I knew it.
Yes & No.

That they can't leave the Flag Room is ideal, although i think Barbie pegged it. Donder is too close to a brush so it's disrupting it's ability to respawn.

That's a fairly easy fix, I'll give it a go.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Ran into a snag.

How does one make brushes visible?

In order to move the Blue Titan where there's not a brush, I need to be able to see them.