MH Map - Has there be any that are unable to beat?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

MH Map - Has there be any that are unable to beat?

Post by Chamberly »

Hello, everyone. I'm wanting to know if any of you have come across a MH map that anyone couldn't complete/beat it. Simple question. :)

I'll cross post this at destination unreal to see if anyone have any in mind as well.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MH Map - Has there be any that are unable to beat?

Post by papercoffee »

Do you mean "unable to beat" because some experts screwed it up?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Do you mean "unable to beat" because some experts screwed it up?
I think he means a map that works perfectly fine but is just damned near impossible to beat.

For me? As it has no bot support and all by my lonesome it takes damned near forever, and even with health/ammo regenerators it's impossible to beat...

...that'd be MH-LongCorridor2006.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Mon May 08, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

It could be a map that no one could figure out how to win.

Or a map that has incomplete set up due to movers not working properly or so... etc.

Or map that take forever to win lol!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I could make ones for you, lol

I typed in AllAmmo but then if I save that SP game it keeps the cheat.
Is there a way or command that will start me off to No allammo ?

If I just load the new map it takes away my previously gotten weapons and items. :cry:
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Chamberly wrote:It could be a map that no one could figure out how to win.

Or a map that has incomplete set up due to movers not working properly or so... etc.

Or map that take forever to win lol!
You're talking about 90% of all MH maps... that list may be long... very long.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

In this map I can't find the monster hunt end, I have looked for it in god mode without luck but it must be anywhere:
MH-RunAway[SPG]

In these maps I can see the monster hunt end but I find no way to reach it:
MH-[DMH]-DeadCity3 (or DeadCity3 in general)
MH-Invasion_CH3

These maps needs long play and I think it would be better they would end earlier:
MH-MayanInvasionBETA3
MH-SecondTry[EG]ZetaFix

These maps have a enddoor bug, it can happen that the door at the monster hunt end closes again before a player reaches the end:
MH-Doomed_FIX
MH-PiedraDelSol

This map won't open the enddoor perhaps the reason are some queens killing each other:
MH-ShootingGuys-V2

This map is good looking but it needs the activation key set in ut99 and mine for whatever reason don't work, so I can't play this:
MH-ROEBETA1

And there are some maps that don't work good with Nali Weapons 3 because they produce lag by using too many channels, so if somebody is interested I can list these maps here. Perhaps these maps are not asked for in the thread question...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Some modified LongCorridor (I was wasting time with that previous days) re-textured and aligned well on Y axis was making me to think that is a good one. ON-Line = Surprise !!!
WarpZone between Behemoths and SkaarjLords went to no Warp after more than 2 hours of game play. This heads to Impossible Ending, regarding to previous accelerated test OFF-LINE... :mad2:

Probably because I don't like garbage spread around, I'm not gonna share it. It's my research here - probably someday I'll try to figure what the heck is deactivating a WarpZone, the rest of warps are working perfectly... and maybe I can make some feature to link lost warp zones back... (just hopes right now).
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Good details all, can't wait to investigate!

Yeah I didn't ask about NW3 related... maybe later tho.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote:Some modified LongCorridor (I was wasting time with that previous days) re-textured and aligned well on Y axis was making me to think that is a good one. ON-Line = Surprise !!!
WarpZone between Behemoths and SkaarjLords went to no Warp after more than 2 hours of game play. This heads to Impossible Ending, regarding to previous accelerated test OFF-LINE... :mad2:

Probably because I don't like garbage spread around, I'm not gonna share it. It's my research here - probably someday I'll try to figure what the heck is deactivating a WarpZone, the rest of warps are working perfectly... and maybe I can make some feature to link lost warp zones back... (just hopes right now).
Just wondering but what if there is zone actors in every zone, not the warp zone actors. Maybe it don't know to update without a standard zone actor next to the warp zones. ?
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

From playing Fuzzy's server I got 2 maps that're are both largely underground, massive beyond words, and unbeatable.

One due to a lack of pathing, really designed for an online team.

Other because of a flaw on the map, which Fuzzy doesn't have a need to fix as his games allow for double jumping.

I'll see if I can track down their names...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:Just wondering but what if there is zone actors in every zone, not the warp zone actors. Maybe it don't know to update without a standard zone actor next to the warp zones. ?
While I was checking these using original MH it looks mainly OK but depending on Build might go messy. At a new build MH deactivating warp happens right in front of my eyes when first pupae Boss killed unlocks 2 Bridges and First warp is used, is not coincidence, happened multiple times, something receives an event making ONLY that Warp to be a No Warp. I checked Tags/Events I set Null events with unique strings - doesn't help at all, it's probably necessary to stay in a limit of 8 Warps not 9 as they are, and that warping pass can be linked with teleports as well, Warps are too big, or something makes a wrong move. The fact is without that warp map cannot be beaten... and that seems to be the only one affected. Even ghosting through zones all of them are warping player tester but that one going messy it's just stops working... I really don't know what's the deal there...
As a matter of fact, Editor is reporting 50 zones there...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:These maps have a enddoor bug, it can happen that the door at the monster hunt end closes again before a player reaches the end:
MH-Doomed_FIX
MH-PiedraDelSol
There is another map with this issue - cannot remember its name at the moment: you start in a small corridor with a stairway, pass the lava dome, wait for death of the self destructing nuclear tentacle, fight against some MantaX (?) and end in a battle against Ants and a big Skaarj. After killing the Skaarj the door to the lift opens for 4 (?) seconds only.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:After killing the Skaarj the door to the lift opens for 4 (?) seconds only.
That's default mover time, hm... maybe I have to implement a mapping add on for setting up these "Monster-Mover" properly by default without wasting mapper's time with these things (some of them are even clueless about such setup) - hit option True, Build button - save map, DONE, it takes 5 seconds...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

MH-DinoPlanet2011[THUNDERBOLT] (there's another version of this just as impossible to beat)

MH-TheSewers2X[WEO]

MH-Chthonian_R: