Some MH Requests ? - Another Map Done

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Some MH Requests ? - Another Map Done

Post by sektor2111 »

I was playing a bit some MH which I've done. Also I was thinking to setup a sort of Godz map - a bit different, based on zones, open areas or closed; open areas with their own skybox like travels through multiple dimensions. Bot support of course will be included - even writing custom stuff if it needs to. Mainly these dimensions/zones will have as enemies those un-used that much Skaarj types (with no problems of course even in original MH - end of crap in 2017). Skaarj are gonna hold not only their known weapons but even UT ones - new skaarj types are an easy task to do... First Zone is for warming up hunters, Little yard surrounded with Lava and some... stronger pupae types.

The nasty part: There are needed other couple of zones and I've problems with imagination - my job is taking my time and energy.
I set firsts 3 zones, map it's increased in size due to custom stuff used until now...

If exist any dude which wants to setup one or more small zones a la DM/CTF types for being part of such a map I'll be glad to use them... if are well aligned (I did not crash Editor until this moment even with 800 MB Textures MyLevel-ed Ready). Editor is nice if you are nice with it. If maps have their skybox it will be held as in original. Also 300K 512K contest maps might be part of this Level if authors are agree with their usage... if some recovering brush tech will work properly...

I'm expecting at some giant Level but mainly at size on disk chapter rather than polygons load - I don't like to mock rendering... Map will go higher based on zones (probably max 12-14 battle areas) and some toys implemented...

Is anyone willing to recommend or participate with tiny parts ?

Edit:
Map is ready located on my G.Drive - shorter link > https://goo.gl/uj4wo3.
Edit2:
Next map MH-Sk_BattlingLottery is in the same folder archived in 7z format.
MonsterHunt is not added in archive - that is separate provided by their author(s). if other files are missing let me know in order to do archiving updates.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Re: Some MH Requests ?

Post by Terraniux »

You helped me in the past Nelsona, so I'm willing to help you where I can. :thuup:
This member can only post when permitted.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I have two weeks vacation time starting Thursday if you need my help.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Technically is a bit simple, of course textures can be changed if they have to.
Map starts with a minimum of load, and collecting items through zones. Start Location with door to... other dimensions doors...
[attachment=3]Gdz_0.jpg[/attachment]

Then Room with doors a bit dark at beginning:
[attachment=2]Gdz_1.jpg[/attachment]

Then something evil turn Lights on (maybe some Krall "hiding" through dark ? (as first blood ?)
[attachment=1]Gdz_2.jpg[/attachment]

And then fist zone. The other zones more complex but not insane loaded with an Escape Box where A.I. have locked Waypoint in order to attack area. The rest of teleporters are blocked with doors opening ONCE (probably toggling teleporters from inactive to active. Teleporters from zones entrances are... "de-collidized" - because a destination-only teleporter doesn't make sense to be active or colliding actors, making engine to process useless data.
[attachment=0]Gdz_3.jpg[/attachment]

I'm not showing the rest of zones because... I really have no joy for them, I'm not that inspired - at least some nice skybox seems to improve a crappy simple yard a bit - good work Derdak2Rot here (credits section will have some... size).

For A.I. toward teleporters I have something simple written state based and no arrays used so Bot won't stupidly pushing locked doors - that's at final stage and inventories setup...

Edit
Tech info: At this moment map doesn't have any solid brush, but only semisolids, subtracts and non-solid portals. All pivots are fitting on a grid of 8 (or at least 4) and it is build properly by Editor using default sliders and setup 15/70. I'm curious when all things properly aligned will mock the Level by Editor itself and when does it starts happening...
Attachments
Gdz_3.jpg
Gdz_2.jpg
Gdz_1.jpg
Gdz_0.jpg
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It's hard to get inspired, just keep making, improving, adding as you go.

Or draw it up on paper for the whole map general gameplay scheme, which is also hard to do, but some scheme.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bumpy time.

Almost a half of Level seems done (did not see BSP problems right now). Some skybox with screwed alignment and setup was almost to make me to quit this - I'm still expecting problems in a random moment. Level is now 25.2 MB but... is simple. The most of size went to textures and meshes used by MyLevel. Not even now I did not used any Solid brush - I hope to finish map without any "solid" usage.

So far credits goes to:
- Creavion (including for evil methods in setting up stuff...);
- Funky the neuronal Prince;
- Mr. LoathSome - small good stuff - not gonna speak what is about right now;
- Derdak2Rot - another SkyBox well done (even if map in cause is being excepted from my repositories);
- Others "importers" of MH garbage stuff which I have fixed/transported into this Level.

I was intended to keep at minimum the number of polygons - I think I could figure tiny parts when semisolids are doing nasty things in a zone... Working aligned and keeping brushes separate without mixing them (using deintersecting/intersecting) seems a major key for not blabbering map build.

One of issues encountered was adding some plants which... stuck Editor. A cute Skybox also was refusing to be transported - textures there... oh well, I don't need to see any player crashed (neither me) due to colors and such brain-farts, so I have replaced that skybox with a "Normal UT" specific one.

I'm still thinking/looking for the rest of areas if I will not put them as a single zone with... shortcuts on the way... That is what Goblin will say.
Red_Fist wrote:Or draw it up on paper for the whole map general gameplay scheme, which is also hard to do, but some scheme.
I agree here, but this is what I do before building some CCTV system. For an UT "Map" Goblin will use that paper to wipe his ass with it - he has the last word in geometry build scheme.

I'm hoping to not have other problems at mapping the second half...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump here with occurrences.
Due to some mix (and probably Editor deal with those objects - I should restart it from time to time), I got duplicated actors - by doing some brush import from some Level and then even custom pawns weren't OK. Everything was almost to turn in trash when some sound started to cause problems and after a bunch of attempts I could recover map because it was badly screwed at this point.
I still have to write Navigation stuff and Skaarj types... In hoping to not mess up map at final stage, next days if I'll be in good conditions probably I'll finish it...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I was in troubles in this Zone_13, textures went borked due to some resources using the same content but probably different palettes and plants went screwed, then skybox did not listen my requests, then I have re-imported manually textures using PCX with 8 Bit and problems have gone so far... I need some obstructions here and then moving to final zone.
[attachment=0]Zone_13.png[/attachment]
When all zones will get done I will proceed with the rest of needs:
- checking geometry for problems;
- paths;
- Pawns;
- setting up triggering;
- testing.
Attachments
Zone_13.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump Event: Reason: R.S. with meaning Retarded Shares

While I was working on Battle Zone number 14 I was interested to do some imports using shared prefabs ( template brushes ready to use ) - from some source containing "works". After importing some Tank I could figure on a surface some rainbow bullshit textured surface which doesn't exist in stock textures.
After checking more closer, surprisingly I saw very VISIBLE NON CO-PLANAR surfaces - these are heading to serious errors in a Level.
[attachment=0]Coplanars_Lol.png[/attachment]
You, dudes, sharing garbage go wipe your ass with such prefabs. When I was using some of these I though that I cannot handle these things but now I see that they are indeed bugged as the most of works for UT. I was about to mock my work with trash - I was happily inspired to not even save nothing during that session - good idea.
THANKS to ALL for such "support" delivered to community, (foolish chimps). I'm just thinking what would be if a plane factory would work this way, pheew...
In read-me I could see that was done in around two hours. Well, two hours spend for this fart could be used at something else more productive (writing on water, drawing on air, counting stars, etc. :loool: )

Under Note:
Is not the single prefab with integrated errors. Good luck everyone when you are using these...

Edit: Another one coming with a sample map - ORIGINAL.
Let's see building log:
UnrealEditor wrote:

Code: Select all

Warning: FilterEdPoly: Encountered out-of-place coplanar
Warning: FPoly::Fix: Collapsed a point
Warning: FPoly::SplitWithPlane: Ignored back sliver
Log: Balance=15 PortalBias=0.700000
Warning: FPoly::SplitWithPlane: Ignored front sliver
Log: Balance=15 PortalBias=0.700000
Log: Found 1 zones
Log: Polys: 765 -> 765
Log: Nodes: 4766 -> 1914
Log: Points: 3849 -> 2923
Log: Vectors: 249 -> 249
Log: FilterBound: Got infifront
Log: FilterBound: Got infifront
Log: FilterBound: Empty backhull
Log: FilterBound: Empty fronthull
Log: FilterBound: Empty backhull
Log: FilterBound: Empty fronthull
For sure these are not gonna be added in my map :chainsaw: :thudown: .
So... I have to find another solutions.
Attachments
Coplanars_Lol.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump here.
Regarding to my checks, there is a brush having some small problem but I did not find any major issue at geometry chapter - even some minor issues have been vaporized, except probably some textures rendered using OpenGL causing some bits of deviations - in D3D9/D3D I did not see any issue. Probably I'm done with geometry but... I might have a question:
How much health should have Bosses from Battle zones ?
My answer: perhaps around 7000 - 8000. Reason: Place is small, map is a goal for a small party with 3-5 hunters, firing weapons for 2 hours in one single zone, makes game boring... The rest of featured "servers" are not in discussion, map is a MonsterHunt map not for a crapton of mutators/mods related map.

Aside I can make map combined with an INI file for having these configurable, but probably doesn't worth efforts...

At this moment map is pretty much ready but it has to be checked if does include triggering issues or other visual craps, BSP problems, etc. After all testing stage it might be ready for "outside" - I'm not sure if a cute readme file will come out because I don't see a good readme generator only a HTML one with self advertising which I don't care about - I was interested about a TXT one or probably I'll modify something already done accordingly.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

For a small party like that, yeah 8000 hp seems good for a boss. Depends on if he's a small but fast and hard to hit kind, like a big manta or Warlord (which I'd do 5000-7000 for that one) or a big bullet sponge like a Titan kind (up to maybe 10000, no more).
Interested on this map, Sektor. :wink:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Same request as always...
NEW MONSTERS!!!!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Ordered answers.
Let me explain a bit of details. I did not do FAST monsters, Skaarj as a combatant class has pretty good skill in aiming, as long as you cannot really retreat all time (you'll see what is about) is better to have interest to damage it properly for preventing turd to fire as much as possible (they have weapons, btw), and a Skaarj armed is not kidding at enemy. Sample of test:
Me + 2 Bots(MBots): In last area I lost both Bots with 200 Lives. Monsters are not in a huge number but are evil and zones offer them advantages. So to speak we have a trivia: Big map (as bytes) but easy and smoother to handle because stuff is not getting over 1024 channels. Size is coming from MyLevel (around 40 MB for preventing sharing 1GB of resources for a lousy map) else some of resources used were not only bugged but even large for only a few things used.

New Monsters chapter
Well... I'm not a fan of messed up works and neither to waste months painting, but I used some resources done by good people and I have sub-classed a few defaults with a bit of palettes changed and some "deco" creatures which I found.

My goals related to this map were generally a game-play with a good challenge for default MH, Training semisolids, dealing with different MyLevel things, Bot support, Skaarj on purpose as reply for years of running crap (a "how to" inside map).
For people using default statlog files, errors is entirely THEIR nothing fixed problem, I don't have problems in my yard with that.

At a moment I could figure "the rainbow" (miss-aligned bugged brush) and I could modify/fix it for preventing building errors. I was intended to fix that because I could see some non-colliding wall at a moment - not a deadly one, but I did not liked it.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Those deco creatures pissed me off on some map I played. couldn't figure out what was killing me. The collision is funky somehow, Can't remember what it was.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I kept getting slaughtered by books...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758