Mash-up Maps?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Mash-up Maps?

Post by UTNerd24 »

So it seems that Waffnuffly has a habit of making his Co-Op maps a huge compilation of maps joined together.

Like so: Z9Zs1EZN6tU

Are there any DM/DOM/CTF maps like this? Of course, I know FaceOnLava, but I am convinced that there are more mashups out there, possibly even more complex.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Mash-up Maps?

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote: ... Are there any DM/DOM/CTF maps like this?
There are - one that has been mentioned recently on this forum is FragNBrag's DM-FNB-XC-EpicTownV2A. I have come across others that link stock maps by portals but I can't remember their names! (I've had a quick look through my maps but nothing in the names suggests which these are).

As for non stock maps, there are several maps combining various of the Trofa maps plus some that link one or more of these with versions of Infinity City - plus maps linking Braga with Infinity City; Dogtown with Ribeira; Sniper Town with other maps (for example, DM-(COM) Sniper Town vs Pink); and one linking Tiger Hunt with Appalachian Wonderland. A lot of these are sniper maps and some may not have bot pathing.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Cheers! Epictown is amazing. It makes me wonder how maps like this and Waff's CA maps can be rendered at all. Last time I checked, Unreal editor had a limited area to build in, even though its quite large. Is it something like DOOM where there are "Limit removing" tools in order to make maps that rival the likes of The Sunspire?

EDIT: If you do get ahold of those other maps, be sure to share them. The More the merrier!
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I tried to use ALL the DM maps connected in one map, LoL it did work but was just so , not new, wasn't worth it.

I think I was aiming more for a editor test to see how it would handle it.
Binary Space Partitioning
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote: EDIT: If you do get ahold of those other maps, be sure to share them. The More the merrier!
I presume you mean the stock map mash-ups? Found one - don't know where I had it from and a quick search of the normal sources did not reveal a link so here it is
Dm-ThreeMapsITE.zip
(3.7 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
I'll leave you to find out which maps it puts together [I did check with UTPT to see if it needed any files and have included the music and one texture - if anything is missing, let me know]

There are some others and I will have a quick play of possible candidates to see if they are mash-ups (there are a couple that put several Morpheus together but that's not quite what you are after).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I have a couple of these, for CTF & DM, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I kind of feel that once you have EpicTown you can stop looking, as you will not find anything better.
The UT opening sequence has been converted into a few playable maps, and I remember one version had an extra map bolted on.
I have also played a Deck16 with other areas, though cant remember if it was a whole extra map.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Thought I would bump this as I have just come across a map that links 11 other (mostly stock) maps - it was an entry in the 2012 mapping contest - DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org-V2.unr - it can be found in the map packs in this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=441.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, I remember linkin' together 'bout 8 original Unreal coop maps once to get a GTA like open world game.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:Thought I would bump this as I have just come across a map that links 11 other (mostly stock) maps - it was an entry in the 2012 mapping contest - DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org-V2.unr - it can be found in the map packs in this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=441.
Uhm... no that's Epic town with the 11 stock maps.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Uhm... no that's Epic town with the 11 stock maps.
DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org-V2.unr links these maps - they're mainly kind of stock maps
Spoiler
AS-Tutorial
DM-Tutorial
Dom-Tutorial
Eternal-Cave
Dreary
Oblivion
Zeto
Gauntlet
EOL-Statues
CTF-QuantumFighterJets
CTF-BT-Postmodern-V3
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:
papercoffee wrote: Uhm... no that's Epic town with the 11 stock maps.
DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org-V2.unr links these maps - they're mainly kind of stock maps
Oh... either I forgot about this or I've never played this map :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote:I presume you mean the stock map mash-ups? Found one - don't know where I had it from and a quick search of the normal sources did not reveal a link so here it is
The DM-Three...blabla seems to have problems. That DamageTriggered mover is not activated by Bots, they are only skating around. It looks fixable, map might be way better optimized with additional paths and 100 Kb smaller, and Mover can be opened by Bot shooting it as in StalwartXL...
This time for preventing whatever BSP mooing which blocks Engine's calls to "BaseChanged" things can be pushed out of grid with a pair number of decimals and then Mover becomes nice... every Bot can shoot it properly...

As feed-back around mixing idea - perhaps is not the best ever stuff, due to new size game-flow is pretty lazy even with 8 Bots - here I might be wrong, but is what I could see. The most noisy zone is that one from middle.
However, it is a good one for custom DM games due to those 29 PlayerStart Actors - USELESS for a default DM which is sorting from an array with 16 pieces the rest are... Navigationpoint actors more or less buried for no reason.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@sektor2111 - I see - can't say I remember all that much about it as it is quite a while since I played it.

Just to note, DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org-V2.unr seems to have problems as well - played it three times yesterday and it froze twice - nothing in the log to indicate the cause of the crash, the log merely stops part way through a line.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Keep in mind that some rare maps using some stuff related to editor (whatever textures or heck knows), if are used in some 451 version will freeze - objects being not found. Not a single map was acting like this - is probably a "protection" method happily granted by UTPG... :lol2:.