My Maps

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: My Maps

Post by Red_Fist »

Maybe you should use quake 2 textures, sure reminds me of Quake 2. oh, I like traps, but for DM you need traps that allow you to kill the other guy, like in DM pressure. I always like gimmicks.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

2 things: GRID and ReachSpecs.
Misaligned brushes are not a fancy thing to be proud of it, and seriously 40000+ reachspecs. Paths build was done multiple times. Pathing is EASY, I don't get this useless load.
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

sektor2111 wrote:2 things: GRID and ReachSpecs.
Misaligned brushes are not a fancy thing to be proud of it, and seriously 40000+ reachspecs. Paths build was done multiple times. Pathing is EASY, I don't get this useless load.
Didn't know how to reset the reachspecs, now i found how and it lower to 2900 reachspecs, so that means a fix version but i will wait for that because the changes will be adding the alternatepaths and the new reachspecs.
And about the misalign brushes...., sometimes is really annoy to put them in the right position when you have to move it in mm.(x,y or z 0.0001 difference), i try to put them all as they should but, at times i forget 1 or i don't see when checking.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:seriously 40000+ reachspecs
Is it correct that the shown number is not the number of paths (or their end points) but the index of them? If so I don't see a practical difference between a set ranged from 1..1000 and 30000 to 31000 for example.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I cannot answer what's there how many are history and how many are real, but I can say ONE true thing: When I removed those X things and rebuilding CLEAN paths, it was heading to a smaller map with good kilobytes - keeping them like that really doesn't make sense.
Direct sample: CTF--Factory = 3.692.627 bytes;
After only a basic correction with MapGarbage = 3.605.067 bytes without to remove all useless Pathnodes just BASIC fixing.
Let me see, Pawn Seeking for Navigation works way better with less loaded indexes and less pointless nodes, right ?
So why should I have "ReachSpecs" only for garbage hosted in map ? Only in a few seconds I reduced around 80Kb.
Of course, you don't need to take in account what I'm saying you can have 100000 Reachspecs index, no one will stop you, I'm only sharing my way of doing.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Finally done, this map was orginally a FIX version of Forest of silence but the changes i did make like a new version of it, so i change the file name to include all the name.

Changes:
-Added namespace and rename it Diego-Forest_of_Silence
-changed layout from a L shape to a straight hallway
-added more details to the fortress bases and change textures to difference RED amd BLUE area
-added outpost towers in front for defense and spawn
-added fogblue panels to keep the draw distance for glitching out
-movers got updated and adjusted for better(now they have delay and move time with Ignore_WhenEncoarch because bots got stuck in them)

The theme here is a battlefield with 2 fortress fighting in this desolated forest with some secrets to tell(thats why i wanted to make it ominous)
Enjoy

Wait, there is another new map here

DM-Diego-{HoF}MFortress

This map is a mario themed DM map mixed with HoF logos, the area is the outside of a mario fortress and the inside with 2 floors and 1 secret area, careful, its easy to go in but getting away, thats the tricky part, if i want i can change it for the Mapping Contest cause it fits the size restriction(add the logo and change the texture to use chaosUT)
Attachments
DM-{HoF}MFortress.rar
DM-{HoF}MFortress
(8.14 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
CTF-Forest_of_Silence.rar
Forest Of Silence
(659.17 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Nice! Good job you've got there!
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

DM-{HoF}FortuneNight

All Right New Year, New Map

This map is based on the stage called Fortune Night of the game Freedom Planet and it was made using textures ripped by me :D from the game itself, so i kept the name and it took me time to get the textures but it worked in the end(schwartz gave me the idea of how to do it and inspiration)

The Music also came from the same game and was converted by me too. And Now i left some screenshots of how the map is, the idea is a Town area where the players need to travel to fight, is a open area with not many areas to hide or cover.
Some items got modify to use game sprites, the only thing that i couldn't do at the moment was to add sound effects and change the name of the items.

Screenshots:
Attachments
DM-Diego-{HoF}FortuneNight.rar
DM-{HoF}FortuneNight
(11.57 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I really like this - it is very nicely done - good to see something out of the ordinary :gj:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

OjitroC wrote:I really like this - it is very nicely done - good to see something out of the ordinary :gj:
+1
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Diego_HoF wrote:DM-{HoF}FortuneNight

All Right New Year, New Map

This map is based on the stage called Fortune Night of the game Freedom Planet and it was made using textures ripped by me :D from the game itself, so i kept the name and it took me time to get the textures but it worked in the end(schwartz gave me the idea of how to do it and inspiration)

The Music also came from the same game and was converted by me too. And Now i left some screenshots of how the map is, the idea is a Town area where the players need to travel to fight, is a open area with not many areas to hide or cover.
Some items got modify to use game sprites, the only thing that i couldn't do at the moment was to add sound effects and change the name of the items.

Screenshots:

this looks great! Will be adding to our DM server :gj: :tu:
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Very cool projects, especially the last one. Looking good! Will try them soon.
This member can only post when permitted.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

I know there is rules for revival of topics, so just to say that i added the Really Series maps topic in the first post of this thread and will keep updating it when i create new or revamp maps
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Diego_HoF wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:46 amI know there is rules for revival of topics
They don't typically apply if you're the one that started the thread. Yours is the first post, so you're good to go here.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758