My Maps

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: My Maps

Post by sektor2111 »

Oh, I forgot it... probably because I've removed it... for years...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Diego_HoF wrote: .. found some extra hints in a hidden mechanics controling the traps, for some reason some ruins appear nearby and pillars appear inside the hallways blocking some of the area, i dont know what else will find, but it looks this tomb is more that we think it is.
I really think you have gone overboard with the traps in this map - how many are there, seven, eight? To be honest, I am not a fan of traps at all (one 'wants' to be killed by the enemy, not by the mapper) but really!! Sad to say, it is more or less unplayable unless one enjoys spending some time gathering weapons and stuff and killing a few opponents only to be squashed or whatever by a trap, and then for it to happen again and again.

Aside from the traps, the map is quite interesting and large enough for some good games using MonsterSpawn - well, it would be but for the traps.

A suggestion (positive, I hope) - why not have one or two (at most) traps with a more prominent trigger so that they can be used by players to dispose of opponents - that way they become part of the game play rather than a hinderance to it?
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

OjitroC wrote:
Diego_HoF wrote: .. found some extra hints in a hidden mechanics controling the traps, for some reason some ruins appear nearby and pillars appear inside the hallways blocking some of the area, i dont know what else will find, but it looks this tomb is more that we think it is.
I really think you have gone overboard with the traps in this map - how many are there, seven, eight? To be honest, I am not a fan of traps at all (one 'wants' to be killed by the enemy, not by the mapper) but really!! Sad to say, it is more or less unplayable unless one enjoys spending some time gathering weapons and stuff and killing a few opponents only to be squashed or whatever by a trap, and then for it to happen again and again.

Aside from the traps, the map is quite interesting and large enough for some good games using MonsterSpawn - well, it would be but for the traps.

A suggestion (positive, I hope) - why not have one or two (at most) traps with a more prominent trigger so that they can be used by players to dispose of opponents - that way they become part of the game play rather than a hinderance to it?
Funny Enough, There are 3 traps that the player can activate, those are in the room with shieldbelt, health pack(It doesn't kill but it can throw you to a bad spot) and Udamage, just shoot the square to activate and kill the enemy, there are 5 traps located in the hallways, all of them trigger by a button in the floor.

This map is mostly for alot of players, i see it works fine wiht 10-12 bots/players. Finally i don't mind if someone takes this map(or any of my maps) to make something better, i just ask to be credit for it
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Ojitroc said well. If map has traps and is a DM not a BT one I don't have any kind of interest for it, Bots, Monsters killing me, me killing them - The Fight is Main purpose of DM aka DeathMatchPlus. The rest are lousy stories. Even some default maps have 1 or 2 nasty spots but they are challenging enough. Else DM-Pressure is nicely attacked by my DM game-type for not spreading crapped errors a la Epic. Yeah, stuff like TrapSpringer might be suitable in DM because that it's getting Bot involved in action.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

I've actually been interested in fixing TeamCannons for CTF. Once I get back into UT stuff I'll continue my work on that.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

False, CTFGame has a bad code at declaring Bot's Attitude, there is nothing to fix except adding some PlayerReplicationInfo for cannon as long as code is taking in account carriers - else I don't recall to see a cannon running with flag :loool: , and neither bot trying more convinced to stop cannon from shooting it, and yes, Inoxx screwed up his "mapping" a better term would be "crapping". CTFGame is a game on purpose for pawns able to hold Flag - that's the goal, not cows and baboons decorating Accessed Nones in servers. Some EUT games are even destroying NON players on purpose as long as BotPack is not for them.
One fixing method would be ReplaceFunction which doesn't exist outside of XCGE - or rewriting CTFGame in a child game, or conforming another BotPack is a good alternative.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Oh well, my original idea was to make something similar to the Hebereke but giving it my own twist, thats why i create ForbiddenTomb, also i had a little evil :satan: smile while doing it.

If i do a version 2 of this, i will remove some of the traps but add 1 or 2 in the new area(my idea is to make a 3rd floor using elevators to access it and make a blockage with boulders to remove some areas in the actual map) hehehe :satan:
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Nice work! Keep makin' and releasin' 'em. You will improve a lot in the process. :gj:
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

CTF-Diego-Factory

Well this map took me time, This map was originally my warehouse map where you fight inside a werehouse(duh) full of boxes,nearby a foundry and a cargo area, but after one test and a suggestion this past thursday(August 17th, thanks to SCHWARTZ and d! for testing), i change this map to a CTF RX style.

You have 3 ways to enter via hallways in the sides, without obstacles and easy to navigate, but with only ammo and med boxes, meanwhile the center area has all the powerups and health vials but it can be a longer way.

The RXs can passby the hallways no problem but it will be a easy target for snipers or instagib but in the Central Area they can fly with more freedom but can be interecepted near the entrances.

Enjoy

Red Base

Blue Base
Attachments
CTF-Factory.rar
CTF-Factory
(922.97 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Last edited by Diego_HoF on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

DM-Diego-Warehouse

And now, here it is the original idea for the warehouse map before the expansion, this map consist in the entire central area of my Factory map, with weapons and powerups adjusted for this. All you have to do is move between the boxes or inside them to kill all enemies OR use the boxes to be in a higher ground for ambush.

PS: Sorry for the double post but both maps came at the same time
Attachments
DM-Warehouse.rar
Warehouse
(544.93 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Cough, excuse my state after 4 beers...
Just asking: Why do we need 745 PathNodes and no single AlternatePath type actor in a CTF map ? Editing troubles ?
I should quote what was saying Hank... but I'm just sleepy...
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

sektor2111 wrote:Cough, excuse my state after 4 beers...
Just asking: Why do we need 745 PathNodes and no single AlternatePath type actor in a CTF map ? Editing troubles ?
I should quote what was saying Hank... but I'm just sleepy...
Then go to sleep man lol

About the Alternante Path, i tried once but it didn't make difference when playing it offline with bots, also since i add objectives(powerups) on the middle they use those pathways(not often i agree in that)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

AlternatePath works doesn't matter if it's OFF-Line or ON-Line, when it's properly configured (tests based mainly) :sleep: .
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

I WILL fix those cannons in a way that works properly!!

I declare it.

Even if I had to somehow get a mutator or new pawn or something! Chaos did it....So I can too!
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

AssesBotAttitude is hard-coded in CTFGame - good luck with this outside of XCGE's ReplaceFunction...
As a note, Chaos is not an error free thing - for me that's not a sample to take in account. If in 2017 we are still blabbering mutators and game-types I don't even look in that direction...