Drip Gen. sounds

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Drip Gen. sounds

Post by Loose Cannon »

Hi all:
I have a drip generator that makes sounds as the drips land. I have turned off all sounds on the drip generator, yet it still makes noise. Anyway to get the drip generator to be silent so I can use an ambient sound actor as for my drips?
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: Drip Gen. sounds

Post by nogardilaref »

Not really, it's not the generator itself making the sounds, but rather the drips themselves when they fall and hit the ground.
And there's no way to customize this behavior unless you extend the drip generator class itself and override the timer here:
http://uncodex.ut-files.com/UT/v436/Sou ... rator.html
so you can either spawn another class of drip with a different sound, or so you can define the sound in the generator itself and assign it onto the drip itself.

Probably there are however custom packages out there which you may be able to use to achieve that, the question is that if you would rather have that dependency or MyLevel a small extension to the generator itself with just a bit of code.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Re: Drip Gen. sounds

Post by Loose Cannon »

Ok thanks....i just didn't know if I was missing something in the properties of the drips to get rid of the sound.