Drifting in the editor

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
makemeunreal
Masterful

Drifting in the editor

Post by makemeunreal »

The following problem occured:
If I try to click and hold the button (to move the canvas in the viewports) the mouse seems to move on it' own makin' it impossible to align brushes since the brush I grabbed moves in a way it shouldn't. Even if I don't even move my mouse.
I'm done. What the h3ll is goin' on?
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: Drifting in the editor

Post by nogardilaref »

Let me guess: Windows 10 ?

If so, just set the editor to run in compatibility mode with Windows 7 at the very least, and it should fix it.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Yes it's 10 but alterin' th compatibiltiy didn't help.
nogardilaref
Masterful

Post by nogardilaref »

Hmmm, I had a similar problem but was when simply navigating with the camera in the 3D view, and changing the compatibility mode pretty much fixed for me.

The only other thing I changed in the editor, which I am not sure if has any influence, was to deactivate the automatic scaling for high-DPI devices, which is simply a checkbox in the same tab as the compatibility mode (depending on the language of your operating system it might have different names, but below there are 3 checkboxes and it should be the middle one).
But I only changed because my own screen is high-DPI and everything was quite blurry in the editor.

Other than that, I don't really know. Did that start happening out of nowhere, or after some update or upgrade you did?
If it's the former, you could always attempt to reinstall the game in an alternate directory and check if you have the same problem there.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

The only other thing I changed in the editor, which I am not sure if has any influence, was to deactivate the automatic scaling for high-DPI devices, which is simply a checkbox in the same tab as the compatibility mode (depending on the language of your operating system it might have different names, but below there are 3 checkboxes and it should be the middle one).

Here is the fffffffing answer. DID IT! Thank you! :gj:
Tyr
Skilled

Post by Tyr »

I had this behavior from time to time. Simply restarting the editor fixed it for me.
Released:
nogardilaref
Masterful

Post by nogardilaref »

Nice. :mrgreen:

For the record, I just meddled with my UEd settings again to check if I didn't switch things up in my head, and it seems I did.
It's the deactivation of the high-DPI scaling that fixed it for me as well, and the actual reason I had set it to Windows 7 compatibility was due to the annoying error windows Windows 10 would give me on exit. :lol: