No translocator ? and Map

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: No translocator ? and Map

Post by Red_Fist »

Well since this was just an experiment messing around, and is the map I wanted to removed the translocator, I didn't finish doing the texturing.
I didn't make a textured brush to start, and it's just way too much to be worth it, each poly has to be rotated and then moved to align the road texture.

This was just going to be a DM map but thought maybe a DOM might be cool.
The original intent was to make a highway clover leaf interchange ramp setup, but once I made the elevated curved ramp brush, one curve lead to another and was trying to make an infinity symbol with the crossing being elevated height, for small map DM action.

Anyone can edit this or do whatever they want with it (gimmie a little credit). IF ! you mess with adding more lights or lighting be ready for a crash or long build times and a crash, LoL

I made the brush in UT-2004 then converted to a mesh, then reconverted back to a brush, then I scaled the map to be small.
I imported the brush I used in this map and it is bigger than what is used in the map.

Might be a stupid map, was just playing around, but there might be some potential for other ideas.
The bot pathing is there, I made a better version with all the weapons and for some reason the bots didn't pick you off like this one.

Oh, and there is 3 road textures in MyLevel

and, thanks JackGriffin, for the help offer, but the map is just too corny to mess with, but I still say the trans will mess it up.

:rock:
Attachments
InfinityRoad.zip
A DOM map
(688.04 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Binary Space Partitioning