ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by papercoffee »

Ok...
nogardilaref wrote:One thing though: is there a list of which weapons does each Chaos weapon replace? To have a reference.
The Crossbow replaces the Shock Rifle.
The two Chaos Sniper Rifles replaces the Sniper Rifle :ironic:
The Proxy Mines and Claw replaces the Flak.
The Vortex and Auto Turret replaces the Redeemer.
And now my memory fades away...

Wait...
Here:
https://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut-weapons/
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

nogardilaref wrote:I guess we will only know if those participating pronounce themselves, with perhaps the map name they're going to build.
Yep, right now I saw only Spectra with wip pics and now you.
So please let me know if you are competing so I can add you to the list. Or if you wanna be a surprise entry than don't, I guess :tongue:
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

I have my map inprog ;)
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
SteadZ
Average
Personal rank: 1337

Post by SteadZ »

I too am making a map for this contest :D

SZ
"The problem with dreams is... you never know when you're gonna wake up"

UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

SteadZ wrote:I too am making a map for this contest :D
SilverSound wrote:I have my map inprog ;)
Added to the list :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UnrealGGecko wrote:
SteadZ wrote:I too am making a map for this contest :D
SilverSound wrote:I have my map inprog ;)
Added to the list :tu:
You forgot me and myself.
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

Good Luck Guys :gj:

Thats the most i can do for this event since i'm a noob compare to other mappers :noidea.

Still enjoy and have fun, unless you want me to make a scary themed map for mappers using alot of zoneinfos together that only plays sound,mislined objects,no sense of theme whatsoever and alot of ways to die :satan:
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

As far as I know, everyone is welcome to participate, it doesn't matter your skill level, or what you think your skill level is compared to others. :wink:
I am not that great of a mapper myself, and I am participating anyway, for the fun of it and nothing more. :mrgreen:
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

nogardilaref wrote:As far as I know, everyone is welcome to participate, it doesn't matter your skill level, or what you think your skill level is compared to others. :wink:
I am not that great of a mapper myself, and I am participating anyway, for the fun of it and nothing more. :mrgreen:
Good posting there! :thuup:

Come on over and share the comp with us Diego. Will be fun!
This member can only post when permitted.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

nogardilaref wrote:for the fun of it and nothing more.
This. This should be the only reason you create anything. I remember when we were making the Can Opener for Food Fight. It took a lot of man hours by several people to work out something I don't think existed before: a weapon that the client could switch ammo at will, that had reloading, correct animations across each use variation, tracked ammo counts and shots fired by each ammo type, etc. It was a beast getting all that correct and in the process I told paper "You know, no one is going to care but dammit I am pumped that we can get this right." That can opener weapon is one of my proudest things and almost no one knows anything about it but technically it's as involved as anything I've ever been a part of making. Absolutely no one could ever fire another round through it and I'd still get excited to see it in my mod list just knowing we did that, and it was right.

Yeah, do it for the fun and the challenge. That moment of accomplishment when you push back your chair and raise your arms while staring at your thing in your test level and it's doing what it should? It can't be beat.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

JackGriffin wrote:
nogardilaref wrote:for the fun of it and nothing more.
This. This should be the only reason you create anything. I remember when we were making the Can Opener for Food Fight. It took a lot of man hours by several people to work out something I don't think existed before: a weapon that the client could switch ammo at will, that had reloading, correct animations across each use variation, tracked ammo counts and shots fired by each ammo type, etc. It was a beast getting all that correct and in the process I told paper "You know, no one is going to care but dammit I am pumped that we can get this right." That can opener weapon is one of my proudest things and almost no one knows anything about it but technically it's as involved as anything I've ever been a part of making. Absolutely no one could ever fire another round through it and I'd still get excited to see it in my mod list just knowing we did that, and it was right.

Yeah, do it for the fun and the challenge. That moment of accomplishment when you push back your chair and raise your arms while staring at your thing in your test level and it's doing what it should? It can't be beat.
THIS!

When I made NaliTree, I was thinking that I'll never release anything good, I barely made a decent looking corridor before that lol. I had loads of fun making it and when the results came, I was surprised the map actually received 2 votes in the contest, which I was very happy then.
Still proud how the fireplace turned out there :ironic:

P. S. Can Opener is probably my fav FF gun, along with the PapriCannon. I am still extremely impressed by the FF mod both technicly (Carroteer making platforms, the mentioned Can Opener, the Pepper powerup etc.) and how well it plays. Well done! *salutes*
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Stop this, or I'll change this contest into a Food Fight Mapping Contest :mrgreen:
It was a blast to create this mod.
And if I could again get a team together, I would maybe start the concept and planning for a Food Fight 2. :ironic:

But now back to the CMC.
Too all ...show some wip-screenshots!!!
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

I will make topic later, but if you insist :

Yes, I'm going hardcore on this thing, all brakes are loose. :satan:

Btw, Paper did you mail everyone an ftp account ( that pm of me)? So they can use it to these things..... post pictures :D
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Terraniux wrote: Btw, Paper did you mail everyone an ftp account ( that pm of me)? So they can use it to these things..... post pictures :D
No, I didn't because I don't know who is all participating. People should contact you instead.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

papercoffee wrote:
Terraniux wrote: Btw, Paper did you mail everyone an ftp account ( that pm of me)? So they can use it to these things..... post pictures :D
No, I didn't because I don't know who is all participating. People should contact you instead.
Ok, I will pm every participant then. I thought you as staff had these tools to massmail everyone at the same time. Or were you staff? . Anyway I will take of it. :thuup: