ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
User avatar
Barbie
Godlike
Posts: 1703
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: moved without proper hashing

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by Barbie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Terraniux wrote:My official public release:
http://crystalunreal.com/cmc/Terraniux/ ... ASHERS.rar
Can you please verify the integrity of that file? 7Zip as well as the midknight commander refuse to open it.
checksum information
Show

Code: Select all

Name: MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar
Size: 4732927 Bytes (4 MB)
CRC32: C54402CF
CRC64: 7DC441390DAD73C2
SHA256: 678158909A9CCFCF1C7B4131DFD56A0BE10A2E7C61725D0F159A7D8C2F342DB0
SHA1: 9E2362E5779F3633741B81EDBA1EDD57AB02BF66
BLAKE2sp: D5EF15EA590D48D5276956CF6DA553A87C05DE494EA265907326FC85BFED7F05
PS: WTH is it not possible to add an attachment here?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett

User avatar
SilverSound
Adept
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am
Personal rank: Curious
Location: St. Cloud, Florida

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by SilverSound » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Barbie wrote:
Terraniux wrote:My official public release:
http://crystalunreal.com/cmc/Terraniux/ ... ASHERS.rar
Can you please verify the integrity of that file? 7Zip as well as the midknight commander refuse to open it.
checksum information
Show

Code: Select all

Name: MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar
Size: 4732927 Bytes (4 MB)
CRC32: C54402CF
CRC64: 7DC441390DAD73C2
SHA256: 678158909A9CCFCF1C7B4131DFD56A0BE10A2E7C61725D0F159A7D8C2F342DB0
SHA1: 9E2362E5779F3633741B81EDBA1EDD57AB02BF66
BLAKE2sp: D5EF15EA590D48D5276956CF6DA553A87C05DE494EA265907326FC85BFED7F05
PS: WTH is it not possible to add an attachment here?
I mentioned this in discord I think! I could only make a link to my maps download. Really weird.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."

Terraniux
Masterful
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by Terraniux » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:45 pm

@ shade and all other mods here. Attachments should be visible here, while they're not. please fix.

I reuploaded my package. Try again.
From ever since winrar was released I never used any other way packaging a file. It should work like any other file I released --- just like my previous 15 years.

Or SS, you just got a weird system setup ( nothing personal / offense intended)

User avatar
SilverSound
Adept
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am
Personal rank: Curious
Location: St. Cloud, Florida

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by SilverSound » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Terraniux wrote:@ shade and all other mods here. Attachments should be visible here, while they're not. please fix.

I reuploaded my package. Try again.
From ever since winrar was released I never used any other way packaging a file. It should work like any other file I released --- just like my previous 15 years.

Or SS, you just got a weird system setup ( nothing personal / offense intended)
In my experience 7Zip has been waaay better. No pesky popup too, so that's a plus.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."

User avatar
Barbie
Godlike
Posts: 1703
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: moved without proper hashing

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by Barbie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Terraniux wrote:I reuploaded my package. Try again.

Code: Select all

cmp MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar.1
MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar.1 differ: byte 9, line 1
(MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar was my first download, MH-CMC-PARTYCRASHERS.rar.1 the one after your update). I guess you have used a bad upload program or bad upload options (in ftp use "binary" instead of "text").
The checksums I provided were for you that you can compare them with the checksums of your local file. This could make clear if the RAR- or the upload program has failed.

But the current version is a valid RAR file, thanks.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by OjitroC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:04 am

I still can't extract the files, either with Mac's Unarchiver or with RAR Extractor.

Terraniux
Masterful
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by Terraniux » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 am

OjitroC wrote:I still can't extract the files, either with Mac's Unarchiver or with RAR Extractor.
................. I'm getting mighty tired of this. WTF is going on?


My last and final upload. If this doesn't work it is NOT ME. Been uploading the same and only same way 12+ years NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. my fourth attempt to make this package unfold:

http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-C ... RS-4th.rar
Last edited by Terraniux on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

nogardilaref
Masterful
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 pm
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by nogardilaref » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:18 am

^ For the record, just downloaded that version and it at least opens. Didn't try the map itself yet, but the files seem to be OK.

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2204
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact:

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by UnrealGGecko » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:10 am

Moved thread to mapping section, should be able to attach files now. :)

11 days to go!

nogardilaref
Masterful
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 pm
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by nogardilaref » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:24 pm

UnrealGGecko wrote:11 days to go!
Yikes...
Image

User avatar
makemeunreal
Masterful
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Personal rank: UNREAL

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by makemeunreal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:13 pm

This UU size limit really does limit how grandieouse you can be.
UNREAL

User avatar
memsys
Adept
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 pm
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by memsys » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Terraniux wrote:
OjitroC wrote:I still can't extract the files, either with Mac's Unarchiver or with RAR Extractor.
................. I'm getting mighty tired of this. WTF is going on?


My last and final upload. If this doesn't work it is NOT ME. Been uploading the same and only same way 12+ years NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. my fourth attempt to make this package unfold:

http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-C ... RS-4th.rar
You forgot to include GennFX (GenFX.utx is a standard pack) so I can't open the map.

as for the .rar pack, 7zip opened both just fine.

User avatar
SilverSound
Adept
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am
Personal rank: Curious
Location: St. Cloud, Florida

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by SilverSound » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:39 pm

makemeunreal wrote:This UU size limit really does limit how grandieouse you can be.

But you have 3 ways you can build. It's a 3d box. The map I was testing before making that one was a large box that had a warp-zone in the middle.
To make it seem like it was large. You could do a lot with that if you are smart.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."

User avatar
memsys
Adept
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 pm
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by memsys » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Not only that but with a smart layout you can create the illusion of the map being larger then it really is.

Don't think a few large room but multiple smaller rooms.



EDIT: here is a preview of the current state of my map.
This is also the first time I've seen the editor trip out like this :ironic:
Attachments
HOM-EDITOR2.JPG

User avatar
makemeunreal
Masterful
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Personal rank: UNREAL

Re: ChaosUT Mapping Contest (CMC) '17

Post by makemeunreal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:58 am

Not in my case, but I got the point.
UNREAL

Post Reply