MH-CMC-PartyCrashers - T's Official cmc topic.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

MH-CMC-PartyCrashers - T's Official cmc topic.

Post by Terraniux »

Name: PartyCrashers
Gametype: MonsterHunt
Size: Medium (4096x3)
Theme: Chaotic and Halloween
Style: Clean, minimalism, dark, moody, but with a little twist of bloodcandy-like flavour.
Progress: 100% +/-
Download http://crystalunreal.com/cmc/Terraniux/ ... 0-2017.rar

Known bugs

- Second music Acronix.umx? is not triggered when the Destroyer of worlds comes when it should. I think I accidentally deleted the actor while fixing the map.

Contest Checklist
Spoiler
-Theme of the contest is CHAOS ...spooky bloody chaos! Inspiration, textures and decoration can be taken out of the ChaosUT mod.
-No weapon placement from this mod... we want this maps playable for everyone. Even for people without Chaos-UT installed.
-The playable area must be inside a 4096x4096x4096uu space. 1 bonus-point if you can get even the sky-zone inside that space.
- You can use any pack (u/utx/umx/uax) you want, but must include any exotic one into your submission. Filesize should be reasonable, so for a +1 point, the sum of all files used inside a zip file should not be bigger than 10 MB.
The Chaos files doesn't count, because we will put them into the final map-pack anyway. Only exotic files which are not included in Chaos or vanilla-Install have to be put into the zip or MyLevel. Those files and the map are the one counting.
-Any game-type allowed.
-The contest badge must be placed somewhere into the map on a visible place. Not just in some easter-egg room.
masked 256x256 pcx version by Terraniux masked 1024x1024 pcx version by nogardilaref.
- Map Screenshot, Bot-Support and Music (at least a MyLeveled blank.umx) are a must.
- When naming your map, make sure the name has the -CMC- prefix. (DM-CMC-MapName, KOTH-CMC-MapName etc.
- The archive file should contain the map, a screenshot and a readme text file with any required credits.
)
- Chaos / Halloween [x]
- 4096 uu + skybox is in it [x]
- All files extracted from the archive is under 10 mb[x]
- Added all files necessary except Chaos packages [x]
- Contest badge placed open and wide to see [x]
- Map screenshot included [x]
- Full bot support, they can END the map on their own when you start the match [x] Even for me this is a miracle but they do! :mrgreen:
- CMC Prefix added. [x]
- Readme, map and screenshot added. [x]

Update

- Removed fog , ' angel ' and big ass collision actors
- Changed several brushes in the map, such as the big hill / rock
- Tower changed - as well the second floor. You can not skip the bigskaarj part now, and cheat the ending
- Slight adjustments with ammo
- Changed the sword with the CAS12... so you will have a better approach / engaging monsters.
- Fixed / updated bugs / errors AFAIK.
- Made the destroyer of worlds more op
- THIS IS CATZ TAKING OVER: HUMAN, THE DESTROYER IS HAZZING TO LESS FIREPOWERZ. IT IS BE NEEDINGZ MORE FIREPOWERZZ......... Me: Cat, the bots barely can end the map with being mortarized, pounded and fired with 2000 bullets at the same time... CAT: Nozzzzz Human..... grrrrrzzzzzz. I will thinkz of a masterplanz then.....

Video

7AFQaQdheA0

I thought mixing the chaotic theme with the chaotic mod, plus my existing MH Purgatory map, would be an excellent blend.

Short Synoptics:

This normally quiet town in purgatory with Nali and human civilians.... celebrating and having a wonderful Halloween.
It got interrupted and changed as real monsters have take over and changed all the decoration to their own style.
Even Proxy is turned into some evil pumpkin!

You and your team have to eliminate every monster and return peace to the original party.

Be sure to check out the map very good!

Have fun and enjoy.
Pictures:

Regards Terraniux
Last edited by Terraniux on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 12 times in total.
This member can only post when permitted.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: MH-NoNameYet - T's Official cmc topic.

Post by Red_Fist »

Hah, nice, maybe toss in some smoke or fog in small places-areas
Binary Space Partitioning
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Red_Fist wrote:Hah, nice, maybe toss in some smoke or fog in small places-areas
Seconded.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Thanks, will do that. Never used smoke before..... interesting.

By the way, you like you can copy / paste my format if you want :

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Gametype:[/b]
[b]Size:[/b] 
[b]Theme: [/b]
[b]Style:[/b] 
[b]Progress:[/b] 

[b]Short Synoptics:[/b]

[b] Pictures:[/b]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

Saves you time ;)
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

I think I made little mistake, I misred the rules. I used the meshes ( proxy) from the external ChaosUT package. How do I MyLevel those actors / meshes again?

Otherwise you need ChaosUT installed in order to play it, which is a violation of the rules.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Chaos packages are an exception to the rule:
The Chaos files doesn't count, because we will put them into the final map-pack anyway. Only exotic files which are not included in Chaos or vanilla-Install have to be put into the zip or MyLevel. Those files and the map are the one counting.
Taken directly from the contest first post. :)

Although I MyLevel'd the meshes themselves (not the actual decoration classes), since those were all I needed and I didn't want to have Chaos dependencies.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In console (recommend empty Editor for the moment) you need to input:

Code: Select all

obj load file=SomeFile.u Package=MyLevel
Why empty ? Because You will need to refresh packages/Actor browser else new MyLevel is not seen yet even if it was loaded already. When a new (or a work-in-progress) map is loaded, these will gain a refresh with no problems being suddenly visible. They are usable without any original dependencies if are not using some texture from other package. If they do use another texture this will be a dependent file and it needs MyLevel-ed as first file. Later you will want to check if textures are properly called from Mylevel not other "Outer" package.
Another time a pawn with a previous custom skin will stuck Editor if Skin is not loaded first when this pawn is being placed first time in a new map - I think might happen with decorations as well - speaking about MyLevel of course - because it looks like skin is not really "transported" properly in a new Level at once with pawn. Textures seems to need a Brush usage (a wall or such) else they might be causing some nasty things in editing process - at least this is what do happens in my case.
Import skins/textures and then decorations and/or pawns else these might go borked.

After toying around these a few times you'll see what's the deal. You can do these tests in two cubes not in a good map. If you'll get how do these work you will love "MyLevel-ing" actors.

Secondary note:
I'm using to refresh browsers by clicking on toggle dock status icon or menu so they will reload acquiring new imports operated, else re-importing has to be repeated if it has to. Without getting a refresh, any imported thing is not visible in first stage even if log is showing good results.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Thank you Nelsona, I'll try that. :thuup:

But then you have this:

No weapon placement from this mod... we want this maps playable for everyone. Even for people without Chaos-UT installed.

That rule is practically the same for meshes and other stuff. :? ????
We can use the external stuff from ChaosUT, but at the same time not, it is kinda contradicting. I'm confused.

But if the package allowance is overruling we cant use weapons, or stuff from ChaosUT is all is fine I guess..... ,

Even though it is in the final mappack...... that rule is totally contradicting you see?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Shhhht, I was using a weapon in a MH map right from BPak (fixed of course - and used by... Monsters, LOL) but map has no link from any kind with BPak (- to many crap versions mismatching after all). It do works properly, not to mention that you can attack a bit "defaultproperties" of imported stuff and then everything will dance as you are singing.
This way can include probably Chaos stuff as well. For being 100% sure, you will do tests before releasing otherwise you will need other stunts depending on situation... Chaos as I could see so far is replacing BotPack things, UT things not other specific things.
Chaos Hint: (keep being quiet, please)
All replaced stuff from map is that with MyMarker I mean stuff pre-pathing. Stuff placed in map after building paths and map saved with no rebuild is not in account as I could see - no worries it won't crash anything. If Chaos will mess replacements I'll tell you what to do in the right moment for making it with 0 zero reaction in your map - is about setting up MyLevel-ed weaponry properly and Chaos will get over them - but they are... just Chaos like - but no Chaos files are needed from any kind - so it will match Chaos theme will less file size - unused things are lost from MyLevel if are not referenced nowhere in map. Right ? Good ! And player without having Chaos installed will have a surprise to see map working as with Chaos loaded and everything properly "Chaosified".
I did not know these before until I mapped something recently and I got desired results.

Secondary opinion:
Whoever will not love your way of doing you can release map later as... a map posted in forum not around contest. Players always want maps so is not a loss. By example I'm not bother with this contest I'm just thinking at next MH (or MA) map.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Terraniux wrote: No weapon placement from this mod... we want this maps playable for everyone. Even for people without Chaos-UT installed.

As I understand it from the discussion leading up to the formulation of the rules, this means basically that the maps should be playable with the default UT weapons - so, if Chaos weapons or ammo are placed in a map by whatever means, then it won't be playable like that.

Taken literally of course, it means that all Chaos resources used in the map should be put in My Level. However I think you can take it to mean what I have said and that the files for those resources, if not put in My Level, should be included in the zip otherwise a map won't be playable by players who don't have the ChaosUT mod.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Perhaps you want me to put up a small map-demo having let's say a saber but using only stock as deps and Nothing else. It is playable with/without any saber mutator. This way can be implemented with chaos as long as those replacements are... primitive (I'm counting on this), so they can be skipped by map itself.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The decorations from Chaos will be put into the final map-pack. No need to ship them with your map. But if you insist then they won't count at the end and won't sum to the file size.
The Chaos decoration packages are:
UTChaosMap.u
chaostrees.u
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote:Perhaps you want me to put up a small map-demo having let's say a saber but using only stock as deps and Nothing else. It is playable with/without any saber mutator. This way can be implemented with chaos as long as those replacements are... primitive (I'm counting on this), so they can be skipped by map itself.
That would certainly be interesting to see!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote:That would certainly be interesting to see!
Even for Chaos type map you can have such stuff embedded. It's immune at chaos replacements like at the rest of default Arena type mutators, more exactly monster should have weapon on spawn location and weapon from map (almost in the middle) should stay there - only player has things loaded by whatever mutator but map stays as it is. Do not trust me, just check it. Probably some NaliWeapons will replace these map related weapons if is advanced enough - I did not check it.
[attachment=0]MH-MyLev_01.7z[/attachment]
Attachments
MH-MyLev_01.7z
This is a demo map passing over default Arena type mutators.
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Update :

1. Updated the lighting to somewhat more creepy - eery - weird - strange weirdo - purgatory nighttime like looks
New screens ( AND NO THESE ARE NOT FILTERS, ACTUAL INGAME FOOTAGE! :

2. Added DIE BITCH technology, you will find out soon enough what this means....

3. Found a name for the map, although not very original, but mostly fitting and and amusing.... : MH-CMC-PartyCrashes,.

4 Progress : 100%, just finalizing, optimizing some stuff and finding a suitable umx for my crazy ass map. Added secrets and traps, and fun stuff.

5 Added my crystal signature >!!!!!!!!!! YES THERE WILL BE CRYSTALS!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

6 Die Bitch.
Last edited by Terraniux on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.