DM-CMC-Letitia [Chaos Mapping Contest '17]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Re: DM-CMC-Letitia [Chaos Mapping Contest '17]

Post by Old UT Veteran »

I felt like loading the level and idling without pressing mouse1; I love the visuals depicting this "warm" emotion along with the sound of a waterfall. Gameplay wise, the map could use a bit more 'upper level portions' and perhaps less factors that slowdown the pace of the match, like, for example... too much water. The different layers of play-field are really nice, favoring a player's positioning, but atm that seems unbalanced with the whole bottom portion making anyone down there a really easy kill. Generally speaking, maps like pyramid, phobos, morpheus, peak and deck have spots where good inventory is usually placed in tough and active spots; this is an encumbrance meant to move an cause the player to think a bit - usually playing around a tactical approach. Gameplay could be a tad better and the map can have more areas too, but less steep stairs or inclines please. And avoid using decos in the middle of certain areas as bots can see through those.

I haven't played UT in a while, but I was immediately indulging the feeling of being problem free, like I was going on vacation in a video game. It might seem like I'm tarnishing your map in regards to gameplay from the way you initially planned it out, but I still very much enjoyed it and was immersed in discovering the uniqueness of this level in its usage of water, fog and sound.

Put short: I really liked the map; Its interesting, intriguing, fun and captivating. There is a lot that I liked about it gameplay wise too - from the map style and design. The positives supersede the negatives in spades, except when the map crashes the game :loool:

This peaceful quiet map can lead to a rather hectic play.

:gj:
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Haha. Thanks for your time writin' such a long abd detailed review! Make sure to keep checkin' the thread for the new version! :tu:
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Are you guys interested in seeing the old bloody-turdy-gutish version? :idea: :noidea :noidea :noidea
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

makemeunreal wrote:Are you guys interested in seeing the old bloody-turdy-gutish version? :idea: :noidea :noidea :noidea
Yes, would be good - interesting to compare the two versions.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Necrobump, BUT the topic got restored. Working links and shots.