DM-CMC-Constantine (contest '17)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: DM-CMC-Constantine (contest '17)

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:You should never use dots inside a file name in a windows environment. Dots are used to separate the file name from the file extension.
This was true for old applications and maybe for some older file systems. Modern applications (what means >= Windows 2000 or so) should take the string after the last dot as file extension.
(Multiple dots are also taken with pleasure by malicious E-mail senders to hide the "true" extension of an attachment for windows users on a low knowledge level (e.g. Invoice.pdf.exe)).
<EDIT>
My UT client running on Windows opens a map with multiple dots in file name fine as well as UnrealEd. But my Linux server refuses loading: Servers can't open net work URLs. I guess that Engine.[dll|so] implements a check algorithm that gets confused by such file names. (A map named "Test.this" is also refused.))
</EDIT>
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: DM-CMC-Constantine (contest '17)

Post by JackGriffin »

I liked the open feel of it. After playesting the others it was nice to have a change of pace and room to run around a bit. I like that there are specific areas like the library. If I had any criticism it would be that you should have scattered some book on the ground and made the bookcase on it's side to be empty. It looks kinda wrong being sideways and fully stocked. That's a minor criticism though.

I'd run this in rotation if I had a DM server.
So long, and thanks for all the fish