Cannot find Autoplay.unr

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Re: Cannot find Autoplay.unr

Post by SilverSound »

OK. You are having issues you shouldn't at all.

Just make a new install. Go buy a new disc, anything. You have issues that literally no one knows how to help you with.
We can only guess at what the real problem is. So it's best to just fresh install with a fresh new disc.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The [URL] section is as it should be - [FirstRun] should look like this
[FirstRun]
FirstRun=451
LauncherFrameRate=200

I have no ideas other than that - perhaps you do need to reinstall - can't think what would be deleting the [URL] section.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Ok so, I replaced it with the ini from the working UT folder, and now everything works fine, so I will upload here the ini(without the plain text passwords lol), if you are curious to see what the problem was, thanks anyway for the help :D
UnrealTournament_.rar
(10.75 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I compared your log entries with mine (I removed white chars):

Code: Select all

PrinceOfFunky:
Log:Browse:?Name=PrinceOfFunky?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=0?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Grail?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
Log:LoadMap:?Name=PrinceOfFunky?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=0?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Grail?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
---------
Barbie:
Log:Browse:CityIntro.unr?Name=Barbie?Class=BotPack.TFemale1?team=0?skin=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.copi?Face=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.Jaylen?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
Log:LoadMap:CityIntro.unr?Name=Barbie?Class=BotPack.TFemale1?team=0?skin=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.copi?Face=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.Jaylen?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
What you see is that the map name ("CityIntro.unr" in my case) is missing.

Can you run UT with the map name in the command line? Open CMD.EXE and type

$MY_UT_DIR$\System\UnrealTournament.exe $MY_UT_DIR$\Maps\CityIntro.unr
(Replace $MY_UT_DIR$ with the path to your UT installation and make sure that the map CityIntro.unr exists.)

<EDIT>
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Go to your install CD and open it ...search for Autoplay.unr ...copy and pasta.
Nothing to do, that's the original Autoplay.unr:
What you have attached is the map AS-Frigate. The file "Autoplay.unr" is created in the "Maps" folder by UnrealEd if you choose Build>Play Level.

</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Barbie wrote:I compared your log entries with mine (I removed white chars):

PrinceOfFunky:
Log:Browse:?Name=PrinceOfFunky?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=0?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Grail?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
Log:LoadMap:?Name=PrinceOfFunky?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=0?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Grail?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
---------
Barbie:
Log:Browse:CityIntro.unr?Name=Barbie?Class=BotPack.TFemale1?team=0?skin=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.copi?Face=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.Jaylen?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
Log:LoadMap:CityIntro.unr?Name=Barbie?Class=BotPack.TFemale1?team=0?skin=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.copi?Face=FCommandoSkins_NeoCop.Jaylen?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
What you see is that the map name ("CityIntro.unr" in my case) is missing.

Can you run UT with the map name in the command line? Open CMD.EXE and type

$MY_UT_DIR$\System\UnrealTournament.exe $MY_UT_DIR$\Maps\CityIntro.unr
(Replace $MY_UT_DIR$ with the path to your UT installation and make sure that the map CityIntro.unr exists.)
The problem wasn't about one map only, UnrealEditor couldn't make me play any map, giving me the same error. Anyway I replaced UnrealTournament.ini with one token from a UT working folder and it now works fine.
I will now try to re-add EditPackages=CollidableSheetBuilder to see if the problem occurs cause of it.
Also, what is EditPackages? Is it a dynamic array?

EDIT:
Barbie wrote:<EDIT>
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Go to your install CD and open it ...search for Autoplay.unr ...copy and pasta.
Nothing to do, that's the original Autoplay.unr:
What you have attached is the map AS-Frigate. The file "Autoplay.unr" is created in the "Maps" folder by UnrealEd if you choose Build>Play Level.
</EDIT>
Oh well, it works in the UT working folder tho. I didn't know it was AS-Frigate.

EDIT 2 (Update): So, looks like the 2 builder names mismatched with the standard ones from UnrealEd (SheetBuilder and VolumetricBuilder), but I didn't notice this error when I compiled it for the first time... I changed the names and everything works fine, but now I will try to compile with the mismatching names and see if that was the problem.
(I didn't notice it because I relied on what the compiler said: "Success - 0 error(s), 0 warnings")

EDIT 3 (Update): Nothing, that wasn't the problem, anyway since I'm using a working ini it's all ok now, but I don't get what's the problem with the other ini, I seriously did nothing today with UnrealEd except trying those 2 BrushBuilders, but I just tried them now, with the name mismatch too, and it wasn't the problem.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"