Corrupt Mylevel

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
makemeunreal
Masterful

Corrupt Mylevel

Post by makemeunreal »

Hi there!

Is there any way to delete some MyLeveled subclasses from the map? Totally. I mean, deletin' the whole new subclass as well.

The problem is that the map got uneditable for others, only me, who MyLeveled those actors can load it into the editor. Others can play it tho.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Corrupt Mylevel

Post by papercoffee »

First you have to unuse all the content in MyLevel ...ever single bit of texture and sound and whatnot must be changed in your map to stock content. Then you rebuild your map and call texture cull, again rebuild, save your map and close the Editor.
The MyLevel folder should be gone when you reopen the Editor. If it's still there then something is still inside which is used by your map. The screenshot for example.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Open the map via text editor like notepad/notepad++ or so and then carefully scan for what you are looking for and delete what you don't need.

Rename the map after you made some edit and then try it out, it might take some ideas for you to try out a few.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

makemeunreal wrote:Is there any way to delete some MyLeveled subclasses from the map?
Just delete all instances of this class, save the map (while this unused object classes are skipped and not saved), close UnrealEd (to get MyLevel stuff out of UnrealEd's memory). If you open the map then, you'll see that your custom object class does not exist in it any more.
makemeunreal wrote:The problem is that the map got uneditable for others, only me, who MyLeveled those actors can load it into the editor. Others can play it tho.
Interesting. What is the error message for others?
Chamberly wrote:Open the map via text editor like notepad/notepad++ or so and then carefully scan for what you are looking for and delete what you don't need.
Have you ever tried this? :omfg:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett