DM-CMC-Lords_Of_TheVoid (CMC) '17 (Final Released)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

DM-CMC-Lords_Of_TheVoid (CMC) '17 (Final Released)

Post by XaNKoNII »

___EDIT____ 03/12/2017 Screenshots will be updated later

Map took way longer that I wanted to be improved to v2.0 (Final), had some personal life bussiness that kept me from working on it.
Couldn´t produce my original vision for the Final version, wich envolved warp zones conectig into the Void. Engine limitations prevented me from doing so, had planed the Void to be a more present element trough out all the map but due to time shortage It never happened.
Sill far from a "good" Dm map, but I can already tell that I have improved in many aspects and this only motivates me to keep practicing more and more.
I´m starting to enjoy the architecture of the maps and in this version I feel that it was a good step foward in that direction, but still I could not achieve the consistency in the entire map. You can notice the arquitectual diference betwen the new areas and the old ones wich is something I really dont like in this particular work.
All and all it was good to see how I could have delivered the map in the first place with a little more knowlegde and practice. Next year I think ill go with an SP map instead :mrgreen:

____ORIGINAL____

I have taken all feedback into consideration regarding the map that I presented in the CMC '17.
Hearing that a Map pack is in shcedule i already started working on an improved version of Lords of The Void, a more worthy version to be played and enjoyed.

Things that are currently planned:

-Fixed backdrop, and in my humble opinion this one suits the map much better! :oops:
-Consistent Arquitecture, wich means I will scrap everything entirely but the UDamage room and the main hall so that this Gothic church has a more realistic feel into it.
-Improved DM dynamic, that comes with better arquitecure meaning the movement flow will increase a lot and not only will be more pleseant but will create interesting fights through out all the map in general.
-Better use of the amtosphere and theme, I will try to implement some Ideas Terraniux gave me about the Lords, so I will make them give you some lessons and jugde you on your actions. By doing this I will also try to make the Void a more curruptive element that will present itself as a fight advantage/disatvantage.
-Also improved Lighting and new Textures.

I will be updating the screenshots as I progress:

^^
||

Despite keeping this, I will rework on it, it will be on the top of a staircase Tower (the map will have 2) wich is a more cool Gothic element than just some random room wich serves no purpuse

Attachments
DM-CMC-Lords_Of_TheVoid(Final).rar
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
Last edited by XaNKoNII on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: DM-CMC-Lords_Of_TheVoid (CMC) '17 (V2.0 final for the pa

Post by papercoffee »

I already like the new stairwell and the huge ramp with the arches. :tu:
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

-Better use of the amtosphere and theme, I will try to implement some Ideas Terraniux gave me about the Lords, so I will make them give you some lessons and jugde you on your actions. By doing this I will also try to make the Void a more curruptive element that will present itself as a fight advantage/disatvantage.

Nice! :D Have a good look in those 2 retouches. For these are only suggestions and empowering ideas.

The theme and the skybox combined is your trophy here, blast that shininess and beauty trough our computer screens.

:agree1: :agree1: :agree1: :agree1:

But not like Nog's map (first submission haha), I don't like wearing sunglasses using the pc.

U get my idea. let the potential of your map to be on his fullest.
This member can only post when permitted.
XaNKoNII
Skilled

Post by XaNKoNII »

Concept for the new layout, this doesn´t show another area of the map wich will be a suprise :!:
XaNKoNII
Skilled

Re: DM-CMC-Lords_Of_TheVoid (CMC) '17 (NEED HELP!)

Post by XaNKoNII »

Updated description.
Map is not working need help!
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

XaNKoNII wrote:Map is not working need help!
The map "LOTV 2.0 Arquitecture.unr" (CRC32: 1C2CE07A) opens fine here in UnrealEd. Maybe the path including filename is too long and exceeds 78 chars? Also the white spaces may cause trouble.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
XaNKoNII
Skilled

Post by XaNKoNII »

Barbie wrote:
XaNKoNII wrote:Map is not working need help!
The map "LOTV 2.0 Arquitecture.unr" (CRC32: 1C2CE07A) opens fine here in UnrealEd. Maybe the path including filename is too long and exceeds 78 chars? Also the white spaces may cause trouble.
can you play it without going trough the Editor?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

XaNKoNII wrote:can you play it without going trough the Editor?
Yes, double clicking on it opens UnrealTournament.exe and it also loads the map fine.
Doesn't it work neither for UnrealTournament.exe nor for UnrealEd.exe for you? What do the log files say then?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
XaNKoNII
Skilled

Post by XaNKoNII »

Barbie wrote:
XaNKoNII wrote:can you play it without going trough the Editor?
Yes, double clicking on it opens UnrealTournament.exe and it also loads the map fine.
Doesn't it work neither for UnrealTournament.exe nor for UnrealEd.exe for you? What do the log files say then?
Apologies for the very late reply, turns out it really was a problem with the text. Wich really confused me because when i launched the game through the Editor it allways worked... when I finaly tried it trough the actual game itself i just panicked :oops:

Thanks a lot man :highfive: