Botpathing contest ?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Botpathing contest ?

Post by Red_Fist »

Oh c'mon, do CM4

Noooooooooooooo, I sent him CM4 geez I am getting all confused, aaaarg
Last edited by Red_Fist on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Cant find file 'property flipper'. it syas when opening the map.
This member can only post when permitted.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Terraniux wrote:Cant find file 'property flipper'. it syas when opening the map.

the thread gp try test map as well.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11883

Damn link

Just goto the thread, first post. first link

The second link is the example map
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Until CM4 will have some good version, so far I was tweaking original CM3 - I mean external modules usable when map is running. Bots can reach almost to end where DevPath will not help but mainly all map works with MBot_F. Okay, okay, start spot has a lazy A.I. reaction, because randomly Bots might be wandering too far for a few time before suddenly starting to move, I've used two forced RadiusMove actors and then Bots start moving a bit faster - tests done using XC_Engine v 20 external grid and 4-5 Bots (MBot_F types). In order to figure if something is not rammed at patching, client will have some placard with a tiny description:
[attachment=0]CryMin_3.PNG[/attachment]

I must do In-Server testing because there several things are working different than Off-Line. Probably I won't see too many troubles - I suppose for now.
Also I see my need for other mutator-tool, a sort of in-game logger for figuring spots injected (their names) which are targets for RadiusMove actors - because I don't want to make configuration mistakes again, but that's another story.
Attachments
CryMin_3.PNG
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ya CM3 is harder to do, just a lot more things going on in that map. good challenge for sure.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Still thinking if I don't want to remove paths from last room announced with a desired placard as long as it's just bugging the start spot. If last area is more poorly pathed, the better is the start. Indeed the challenge is to find the right optimization but I think processing any optimization in such a case will exhaust engine's seek cycles required for this task and result is None regarding to first appearances of RouteCache and how well are paths defined - I must try to remove other InventorySpots to gain a few cycles. Probably only Higor can figure if this map is navigable or not by making it more SIMPLE (ammo can stay but I guess it's not needed to be part of paths), else I think I'll setup a scenario in a copy using XC_PathBuilder but I still think we have a geometry problem loading these cycles and not paths number since "PathNodes" added are much under 500 pieces, and then it will be only a waste of time.
Bot is coming to First Text, but because the way is sealed it will camp until way is open, then after this break... it won't move a second time getting stuck and wandering in that room at aprox. 1300-1600 UU from End.

Another fact related to geometry.
I don't know how bugged is the start spot but... when I was reaching nearby End with Bots around (completely blind). I went to do some tests, checking spots around. Results are like DevPath is gone in heaven, response in that area is None regarding to first area which is more responsive than this last room.
I don't know if worth efforts to create paths in reverse, starting with End location, and won't be just another load... If it do works as it is having full support in all areas populated with monsters, then I think it should be suffice.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Thanks for your hard work so far guys! Much appreciated!
Take your time.

I'd had run at CM4 redfist and it looks good! Though it changed here and there, I am very happy with this result.
Going to have a few more runs, going to change a few minor things and releases it as an official update.

That picture Nelsona! I love it! :thuup:
This member can only post when permitted.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm gonna read forum because
off topic mode on

- I went to install around 1000 fonts in system for creating such stuff and having options;
- while I have added fonts I had to reinstall Skype because it went crapped - some change ruined it;
- in exchange Mozilla went with some more like Bold font making forum more readable;
- and now I have even the font called "Unreal Tournament"; (- all right this is not very off-topic).

off topic mode off
I had to paint this by myself as long as I did not see any designer engaged to help with badges for patched maps so I had to test my skill in hunting stuff on Internet for these adds which I was planning - no, no, I don't speak about those annoying adds from web sites.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ya you will have to edit what you want it to be or add the secrets, the end room is what it is and for me to mess up your original ideas is NOT bot pathing.
I read, if you increase the size of a pawn, for it to act and look right you have to ,,decrease,, the "acceleration." And was why I took the big titan out. I have no idea about the end, all I can think is add a few more flying creatures around. :noidea

Plus that sphere with the lift, has no purpose to go down there. And I think I would get rid of all those block monsters around the rim.

It's your map, but if you get stuck with bots after editing, let me know. It don't take much for it to mess up. One tiny snag in ANY map and it won't work.