Titan "sitting" orders, in MH don't work.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Titan "sitting" orders, in MH don't work.

Post by Red_Fist »

It can only be triggered to "get up" from me, the human player, However they get up no matter what when the bots arrive, no event needed.

So it must be getting changed in the MH code, because it still does work in MH for the human player only.

Unless there is some setting for the Titan that I have not tried.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Titan "sitting" orders, in MH don't work.

Post by sektor2111 »

Old problem with Warlord teleporting and not teleporting.
It's MH's Bot code "GoToState('Attacking')" with no condition. Enjoy MH...
The same with awaking statues which usually stay nice, and so on...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Would a Property Flipper(s) work online to turn on and off it's hearing and or seeing ?

I don't know if things work online, it would be active for a pawn setting.

I am also using it to change the Maxdesireability, like once they collect a shield by some button, I trigger it to set it to zero. Bots don't go back, but I don't know if what works or not, as a guideline to use the property flipper.

In this case I think it's a "float" value, seems to work offline perfectly.

It would be nice to have a fake sitting non-order but work the same.

The thing I do know is the property flipper does not work for collision, and I think location.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

if code says "GotoState..." that will happen doesn't matter who is guiding game. Simply pawns attack with no condition - Epic did not bothered with setting up conditions and neither Shrimp.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

If you need it just let me know and I'll make you a custom Titan that will behave how you want it to.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Discarding false title, this Order WORKS FINE as supposed, SinglePlayer generally is intended for one dude player and nothing like a bot, in MH (with bad raw codes) we can have some options which are not a hard task. Like Jack said you can use a child titan coded different or... a simple coded one with default animation for Sitting and default order "sitting" and... spawning in a spot. Then... spot will have a decoration as a Titan. Trigger hides this (propertychanger here) and spawning that "default sitting" titan. I gotta admit I'm interested to try this thing. But I was loving more that SwarmTitan - that is a real nice surprise if is well configured in environment under a nice mask (except the HUD from some MH types showing everything and ruining the surprise - mine included but still configurable here...)

The problem if this do works as supposed (I have mods where monsters reacts at Bot like to player):
In a map with "SittingTitans" even in title, those were intended to get up triggered, The faith made the monster triggerer to be killed by some acid zone Instigator being None. Map was broken because a Titan from chained group was not getting up ever due to Instigator missing from stage, Map went broken thanks to that dumb configuration idea. So to speak hazard zones (acid, lavas, etc described by MH lord aka Shrimp) combined with counters and such might have chances to break so it's a stupid recommendation heading nowhere. For such reasons I did not counted "servants" from Sk_Godz map because I don't need complaints about "not working", some bad-ass zones allows monsters to be killed by... environment and then will break any counter (I should use my counter...).
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Use a MH version that doesn't mess up monster behaviour.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Higor wrote:Use a MH version that doesn't mess up monster behaviour.
That would infer that it was ever correct at any point :lol2:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:Use a MH version that doesn't mess up monster behaviour.
Exactly this might be heading to a broken map. Some of them are counting on default bugs. By fixing bugs will mess things up.