AlarmPoints triggering without Player sight?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: AlarmPoints triggering without Player sight?

Post by Red_Fist »

Just made a test map with Iceskaarj around a wall that can't see me.

fully pathed, one alarm point, setting up alarm, pawn sits here
set no fail, pawn stays
added trigger, set tag of skaarj, set hate when triggered, and still have the alarm point, nope, pawn still sits there.

So what am I supposed to do or what event or tag setup.?

So like I said, they have to see you.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Repeating a question above: Have you played Demons][ until brutes section ? Have you seen that they appear from behind corner right when you are coming down through that hall without to see you in first second? Bah...

Edit: I'm gonna ruin your fantasies... right here. What exactly doesn't work here ?
[attachment=0]MH-AttackTest_00.7z[/attachment]
HUH ? :tongue: :P :P
Attachments
MH-AttackTest_00.7z
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well I see what you have but that is not it.

I want to walk into a trigger and have the pawn find me and attempt to mow me down.

I still had to walk down the hall where you conveniently put another alarm point that the pawn can SEE.

Not working, hate when triggered is suspect to other things after you die.
However it did work, but not as I was saying.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In account Paths-Network and not Paths-Networks if you get what I mean ( recall Vegeance map splitting map which I had to debug ). Secondary, ScriptedPawn has something called NumHuntPaths or such. For such reasons a pawn Skaarj will play a DM with you but not that simple, it needs a Karma integrated in Level or added to Level and it will move well, else spoken when pawn is geting tired of running, will stop for resting - yes, Bot is a bad-ass running all day long if has items to collect (forever armors), monster is getting tired - out of fuel at a moment.
I studied these days other tweaks related to Edi Goblin in order to fool it at Devs. Tweaks are doable but not exaggerated unless some map might go easily broken, even it looks easy... Eh, but of course I'm not gonna share my trashes and tests...