Botpathing request thread

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Botpathing request thread

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:You don't take into consideration letting the bots finish using AI or using brute force.
I'm not gonna tell you things all time. Clearly you don't know A.I. as you have to. They cannot do almost NOTHING actually according to objectives deals.
For your knowledge and quitting your guessing spree, you can take a tour learning what "FindSpecialAttraction" is related to TeamGames (CTF DOM AS) and see what does bot using EXTERNAL DIRECTIVES and who gives a f..k if these do works by external pushing style ? They just work, and 17 years we were playing CTF PUSHED YES, PUSHED in millions of games which people were playing. Bot doesn't know what a ControlPoint is and neither Flag, these are inflicted by game controllers and nothing native because your default bots are like baboons following orders and moving like robots where controller says and that's all. You gotta have more fantasy speaking about "finish using A.I.". This is DM mapping not MH, navigation based on items is pure DM and nothing else from a TeamGamePlus.

It's more constructive to discuss navigation hints rather that borks with an obsession to a desirability which no admin cares after all. You can describe how you deal at exiting from water, water troubles, small spots, etc. rather than reinventing broken wheels. In MonsterHunt is MonsterWayPoint keypoint protected or less protected with other stuff, working properly rather than trying for 3 months invalid craps. What exactly doesn't work in my FloorWays_rv1 map ? Why do I need DM things there ? I repeat 100 times, if MH has missing things with new stuff broken a la 2002, you NEED other custom things for FIXING/Dealing with THEM, you don't need to fix new broken things with poor stock stuff because it is just an useless work doable easier with 3 lines added, if you cannot manage writing a small UScript stuff that's another problem, and this is the reason for saying over and over stuff with a "desire" which is not even in account when some arena mutator is loaded or another mod coming from community - you cannot blame developers after all.
I will not repeat that items with 10000 at desire are just a null garbage without paths to them. NONE A.I. can see them.

As for this topic probably I will setup some Bot Pathing in a map showing a MH-Bot game (without lost bots) and I won't give a fart on Bot's desire as long as I can deal with Bot as rammed as it is. Yes is doable with no pain. Else you trigger me to ruin your happiness by sharing around 30-50 maps (pathed by self person in a MH-BOT monster-pack) which I'm using and which works fine in big parts. For extra gaming experience MBot is convincing me to stay focused on game not on A.I. as long as they know what to do without to mock me. Hey, Christmas is coming soon (1 month remaining), I have to do something for community after all - no worries, credits are going there, as usual... if Higor will bring some news earlier, then we are going to have improvements "2018-Ready".

Aside question: What does your "desire based" stuff when Bot starts running in water and is getting stuck there forever ? NOTHING is the answer. Have you seen such maps ? How do they work ? Perfect right ? Dreams with horses on walls.

Points to Higor
Yes, we do have maps borked where run-time A.I. injections are a better option. Things do work a bit different then...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I am saying most 99% of bot pathing problems can be solved with stock actors, you just need a way to LET them get to the monster end.

But I am using the propertyflipper, so I guess I am guilty, but it wasn't coded with pathing in mind, but to mess with property settings from most actors.

Imagine, a machine drags you out of bed, forces a shower, carries you to the car, then drives you to work, then does all your work. is NOT your own "A.I"
So rather than just manipulating the path like a machine, there is other things the bots do and extort them to move in a certain direction, not just blocking or switching paths.

I made a test map, and I had paths and a thigh pads desire set to 8. I had it behind a wall, they kept going (16 bots) between the sniper and thigh pads.
However I have it they are one node away from the thigh pad, they will NOT even care one bit. Using MaxDesireability.
And I can switch it to want it or not want it, on the fly.

Then I took out the walls and they just look and never pickup. one node away.
As a matter of fact I have to stand 6 inches away, so they have to run through it, orders to "cover me"

I didn't see if the spawned thigh pad worked, grrrrr, so I will check that, but I can trigger them to work the same, they never go back to the pickup.

Nope, if pickup respawns it brings back old settings, and this is working so good the bots all rush back to the beginning of the map for an Armor2, so once they get far ahead I will use trigger toggle to make that shield not wanted.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Regarding custom path nodes.

Good: generic code
Bad: pawn-specific code (exception: intended for a monster in coop/mh)

The stuff I posted has zero pawn interactions and even monsters can use them.
Also, keep offtopic to a minimum.

OjitroC wrote:
Higor wrote:Got this one from a sniper server ages ago, appears to be an edit of DM-InfinityCity
Bots get stuck at the end of this corridor
I'll add the default (not the NYA) InfinityCity map as request, if nobody takes it by 10th dec, I will.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm going to ask which one do needs corrections.
:|
Attachments
Which_One_Needs_Fixed.PNG
Last edited by sektor2111 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

LMAO..... Nice InfinityCity collection. :loool:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yeah everything is InfinityCity - a very unique name :ironic: , and as I see with a very unique zone + some water. In this case I think I'm not interested.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Infinity City is an overplayed sniper map afaik lol people love it like the next Deck16's.

I think he talking about the 2nd one on the list? Can't be sure.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Higor wrote: I'll add the default (not the NYA) InfinityCity map as request, if nobody takes it by 10th dec, I will.
It seems to me (from playing both consecutively but not looking in UEd) that these two maps are the same - both maps are the same size, pick-ups are the same and in the same locations, DM-InfinityCity has the same screenshot as the NYA 'version' and they are both made by the same person - NYA-Mike.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:LMAO..... Nice InfinityCity collection. :loool:
I think there are a few more around plus a couple of XL versions (InfinityCity duplicated) and some mixes with various of the Trofa maps added on (some of which produce good sniper maps).

----------EDIT--------------
Actually, I think the EAF, TA and UK remixes are probably the best versions as the buildings have been altered so that there are more ways to move around (new passageways, lifts, stairs etc) plus more cover and sniping spots, a wider variety of weapons and they are bot-pathed.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Think I should sticky this one!

Also, have a request: CTF-6H-SC-Knurled
http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/ ... le&id=1998
Main problem might be the team-based HallOfGiant like warps.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

CTF-6H-SC-Knurled_Bot.
-Removed Kickers
-Movers changed to StandOpenedTime
-Added sounds to movers
-One ZoneInfo's velocity.Y was set to 12000.0 instead of 1200.0. Changed to 1200.0.
Attachments
CTF-6H-SC-Knurled_Bot.zip
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Spectra wrote:CTF-6H-SC-Knurled_Bot.
-Removed Kickers
-Added sounds to movers
-One ZoneInfo's velocity.Y was set to 12000.0 instead of 1200.0. Changed to 1200.0.
Link to original version
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... SC-Knurled
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Spectra wrote:CTF-6H-SC-Knurled_Bot.
-Removed Kickers
-Added sounds to movers
Sweet! Played it and bots work quite well now, plus the extra changes are a nice addition :tu:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump. Observation
Map MH-(du)AS-ImperialBase seems to support DevPath correctly. However, map has BSP problems which might be annoying during game-play at the battle with LordSith-s. There aren't more options here because brushes are stripped out.
Question 1: Is anyone capable of doing a clean and a more solid release getting over paths which can be injected well in run-time ?
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote:Bump. Observation
Map MH-(du)AS-ImperialBase seems to support DevPath correctly. However, map has BSP problems which might be annoying during game-play at the battle with LordSith-s. There aren't more options here because brushes are stripped out.
Question 1: Is anyone capable of doing a clean and a more solid release getting over paths which can be injected well in run-time ?
What you could do is surround the whole map with the builder brush and intersect the whole mess, then at least you could have a template to see to work with. rebuild, and delete the one large brush. The sheet brushes will screw things up, but it might work just enough to fix it.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So far I rebuild BSP and it looks normal, I was curious if anyone else did this way with a different result, less shadows to mention more clear. By practicing brush recovery is a long process and I'm not sure if will be a success. If other final more final won't be released then I'll keep my rebuild because is way better than it was before. Bot support is not necessary - I generated paths module and patching so Bot works like a charm, and doesn't have accessed none regarding to borked animations from those weapon-holders taunting while they die :loool: .