Botpathing request thread

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Botpathing request thread

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:12 am...think it's a cool map but I've never gotten very far on it, so I don't know where things go.
I remember having played it with Unreal 1, where you get Translator hints what to do. Example:
TranslatorEvent8 wrote:Skaarj Valley Emergency Escape Gate Switch - Depressing button will open the gate to the emergency escape passage leading out of Skaarj Valley, which is located near the top of the adjacent cliffs.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did not install any path-finder toy in public servers but I did in my private one. What was/is the deal ?
You might not know at a moment where Bots are crawling and which objectives have been completed even in some known maps (Derdak here). But if map has paths, you can query mutator for a path-finding task according to MH objectives (original MH and XCMH) and you can see where to go according to WayPoints visited. This is a MAJOR advantage in such a case, having maps with PATHS and OBJECTIVES, we don't pay for adding paths and neither MonsterWayPoints. Without such a helper you might roam map for good minutes until to figure what's next objective.
Cons:
- Huge maps aren't for a Default server with plain DevPath and...
- Engine might crash toward Navigation used ON-Line/OFF-Line in maps with WARP-ZONES - you need a fixed Engine - no worries, Epic won't help you.
Said reasons are enough for not messing with MHBotyman mutators (Path-finders) in plain default servers except local testing environment.
Tools like that are helping me even in DM games when you play a DM 1on1 in a big map - you can search Bot/Enemy using paths as Bot is doing when it's full loaded and has nothing to collect - it's a default Bot rule in DM 1on1. If map is bigger you are wasting time looking for enemy, paths finder feature embedded in my custom DM is very helpful in this case and then I have the same feature as Bot is having, because Bot can find you but you don't and for me this is a sort of cheating. If moron can track me, I'm willing to do that too and we can meet each-other quickly even if map is not a 1on1 type. But I repeat, Map has to be in a decent size, without crapped warps, or Engine has to be changed.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:05 am - Engine might crash toward Navigation used ON-Line/OFF-Line in maps with WARP-ZONES - you need a fixed Engine - no worries, Epic won't help you.
Clarify, what exactly happens with warp zones?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SpecialHandling for Playerpawn seeker. It does a nasty loop similar with TranslocStart. Happens when next path is a WarpZoneMarker. Yes, function can be replaced... and once again XCGE wins...
If I recall well I dropped two lines in there. If Other is a playerpawn return Self or such - perhaps in a future update I'll drop a message about warping. Crashes have gone... I figured this bug in LongCorridor whatever version with MH objectives added properly and map being functional but in Warps cases, game was crashing.

My thought, I believe they failed code when this marker is part of destination, without way-back, or a sanity check was wrong written/missing. They have some remarks around demonstrating that there weren't really know what to do.

Edit: Plonk - Warp-Zones can be disabled by triggering - paths should be removed through these in such case or we must allow pawn to run in walls ?
Quietus
Novice

Post by Quietus »

Hi, guys! :)

I was hoping one of you kind gurus could path the attached map - DM-Ricochet. I've tried, but the bots seem reluctant to use a couple of the lifts, and they get stuck in a loop trying for the shieldbelt. I've tried searching for a v2 or final version, but I can't seem to find any mention of this DM-Ricochet at all, only two others with the same name and a remake of this version for UT3. :|
Attachments
DM-Ricochet.zip
(408.17 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm gonna ask about door to the Shield-Belt, Door-Button is in China and door is closing in 1 second - Bot probably will try harder to use the button from inside. I doubt to see even Translocator helping here, the rest is clear and logic. I'm curious if Engine works with R_Door reachSpec in a way... or I need to write something for that door but screwing mover timers because it doesn't make any sense for A.I.

Edit: Done... Buttons mapped even for shooting and moved entry button. Other required Paths have been added and adjusted. I'll try R_Door reachFlag in a lab-testing stage another time.
Hit me with feed-back...
DM-Ricochet_Bot.7z
(290.76 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
If you have a geometry issue here, you will want to rebuild map operating only geometry and Leaving alone Paths unless you will generate some lousy things...
Quietus
Novice

Post by Quietus »

Thanks a bunch, sektor! The bots seem massively improved. Some feedback in order, if I may:

I agree with the button being moved to its current location, but I think if it's that close, it would work better as a push button. Sometimes the bots shoot it with the Flak Cannon, and all of the metal chunks miss, so they have to shoot multiple times to activate the shoot switch. Also, if they shoot it with the Minigun, they seem to sometimes shoot more bullets than they need to (like, 30), and I even saw one bot shooting until all of his ammo ran out (about 150), and the game seemed to glitch, as he was running away from the area through one of the tunnels, yet he was still firing, and all of his bullets were going backwards towards the switch! Weird. :)

The bots sometimes get stuck when they jump for the thigh pads. They sort of jump from one end of the rail to the other end, back and forth, left and right, then eventually then get on top of the rail.

The bots seem to never use the two lifts near the rocket launcher. Sometimes they will get the vials next to one, but then turn round again. I think this may just be caused by the bots not having enough of an incentive to use them - as in there aren't enough good items at the top.

When I tested with one bot, they seem to keep running into the corner opposite the red light under the UDamage. It's one of the spawn points, which is why I think they see it as a node, but sometimes they just run back and forth about five times before they move on.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Interesting, I tested common Bot (5 pieces) and I did not see flaws here - of course original Bot has a RangedAttack problem which I had to solve in my Bots. If they have a jump problem that's another chapter for which I'm no longer using them but Mine ones. For the record, map works in "HardCore" setup Level not "Classic" where low skilled Bot cannot jump well 32 UU, and using Skilled/Adept Bots, Bot with Novice/Advanced skill for me it's useless - even my daughter is not using first two Levels. I could delete paths to Thigpads but I don't see reasons to do that, since in a higher Level in that zone it's a really big war.
Lifts usually have 1000 UU length hard-coded in reachSpecs and a default ExtraCost, if map has shorter/easier paths through ramps they will use those paths Not Lifts, unless they can be turned On and Off forcing them at using Lifts. But First I gotta figure what you said because for me they worked properly. Perhaps ThigPads should have a bigger collision...

Edit: Nah, ThigPads are colliding well, there I think I can leave only one path and toggling ramps, giving them a reason for using Lifts...
Yep, ThigPads was drawing a route which probably low skilled Bots could not manage to pass. I removed those paths, But I still did not see issues at firing button.

Edit2:
Paths are toggled here, they can use Lifts for getting to upper areas. One and Two Bots using Skilled Level in a Game with "Classic" setup have worked just fine.
DM-Ricochet_R2020_Cls.7z
(291.74 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Let me know if other paths are doing funky moves... But I think I'm in for initial previous version...
Quietus
Novice

Post by Quietus »

Thanks again, sektor. The bots seem to be much better at most things! :)

They now get the thigh pads without too much trouble, and they use the lifts. The only issue I noticed this time is that the bots will sometimes grab the UDamage, then stop moving in the alcove, and never come back down.

Just for information, I am testing on Hardcore with adept bots.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

There possible to be a harder spot, engine I think is not answering fast or not having next item as target, these being already collected - they are roaming for items, else no roam. If paths would be broken they wouldn't leave spot in any case.

Good... Training program keeps going. Show me next one.
Quietus
Novice

Post by Quietus »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks again, sektor! Back to killing. :satan:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Here's one:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 43866.html

This map actually already has pathing on it, but it has 1 bizarre hiccup. Bots will never take the flag. They will enter the flag room, go everywhere in there except where the flag is. Short of getting shot and knocked into the flag, they will never pick it up.

It's weird!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:44 pm This map actually already has pathing on it, but it has 1 bizarre hiccup. Bots will never take the flag. They will enter the flag room, go everywhere in there except where the flag is. Short of getting shot and knocked into the flag, they will never pick it up.

It's weird!
Sektor's MapGarbage tool reports the reasons for that - hopefully someone can sort that out fairly easily!
Spoiler
Specs: ___________________________________________
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[0]=4 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode660 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=631
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode660.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[0]=9 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot187 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=565
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot187.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[1]=6 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot183 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=605
Connected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot183.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[1]=10 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot188 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=576
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot188.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[2]=0 ->FlagBase0 --->PlayerStart15 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=528
Connected: FlagBase0 to PlayerStart15.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[2]=7 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot184 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=615
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot184.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[3]=3 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode648 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=284
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode648.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[3]=11 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot189 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=568
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot189.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[4]=5 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode664 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=282
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode664.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[4]=8 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot185 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=603
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot185.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[5]=1 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode394 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=279
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode394.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[6]=2 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode397 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=278
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode397.
:
Specs: No NavigationPoint heads to FlagBase0as shown in list. If a route passes through, it won't be usable.

Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[0]=16 ->FlagBase1 --->PathNode676 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=610
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode676.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[0]=18 ->FlagBase1 --->InventorySpot190 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=556
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot190.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[1]=21 ->FlagBase1 --->InventorySpot193 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=596
Connected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot193.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[1]=19 ->FlagBase1 --->InventorySpot191 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=589
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot191.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[2]=15 ->FlagBase1 --->PathNode674 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=281
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode674.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[2]=23 ->FlagBase1 --->InventorySpot195 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=584
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot195.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[3]=17 ->FlagBase1 --->PathNode341 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=280
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode341.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[3]=20 ->FlagBase1 --->InventorySpot192 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=559
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot192.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[4]=13 ->FlagBase1 --->PathNode583 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=262
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode583.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[4]=22 ->FlagBase1 --->InventorySpot194 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=604
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot194.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[5]=14 ->FlagBase1 --->PathNode667 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=253
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode667.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[5]=12 ->FlagBase1 --->PlayerStart30 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=541
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to PlayerStart30.
:
Specs: No NavigationPoint heads to FlagBase1as shown in list. If a route passes through, it won't be usable.

UnReachableNodes: FlagBase0 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: FlagBase1 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode684 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode756 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode776 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode777 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode778 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode779 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode780 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode781 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode788 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode789 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode790 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode791 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode792 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping PathNode793 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping AlternatePath0 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping AlternatePath3 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping AlternatePath1 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: Skipping AlternatePath2 because it's in water.
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot176 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot220 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: Here we have 16 points skipped, 6 Navigation Points which are too high and 420 good ones.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

XC_EditorAdds shows all arrows and... more useless things there...
Map can be solved easily but I think more AlternatePaths are recommended.

The same XC_EditorAdds does very good things in high loaded spots but... not all paths are healthy... and it will require some... manual control...
If you have a bit of patience I'll solve paths at once with removing all trash bytes out. If not, put flags back on the ground because are stupidly moved, rebuild paths and see what's the deal...

Code: Select all

KnownBugs = N/A
So we don't know bugs, bugs remaining unknown :lol: ... 3674 reachSpecs... can be turned in less than 1000... properly sitting under 3000.

Edit:Testing stage!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bot Pathing has been reconstructed. I don't know if it needs anything else.
CTF-CastleORN-10_Bot.7z
(745.74 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Known Bugs:
If Bot in water is forgetting to swim and starts falling/walking running in place in ANY UT version just change those poorly coded stock Bots with other ones, map doesn't include extra tracking stuff at this point as long as some other better Bots are not having this sort of issue and then I think executing extra codes are not an answer. Another time I'll write a Navigation point fixing this problem exactly when occurs and not constantly iterating through pawns for hunting buggers... or another method less expensive for Engine...