MH GiranTown

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: MH GiranTown

Post by Red_Fist »

EvilGrins wrote:Played the map multiple times, and this 1 most recent time something new happened.

Because you directly placed the monsters on the map, it doesn't require a Stop Your Fighting mutator to prevent the monsters from tearing into each other... they just don't. However, this last time I played 2 of those tiny weird lil' brutes started fighting each other.

Tried killing them myself, but they wouldn't die. Also their attacks no longer hurt players... and they would stop fighting each other if someone shot at them, they'd attack whoever attacked them... but as soon as that person left they started attacking each other again.

Eventually a SkaarjBerserker killed them. Whatever happened to those 2 that caused this weirdness, the other monsters on the map didn't like them anymore.

Played the map over after this, but it didn't happen again.
The whole idea I did was to make the pawns Not fight each other which requires a new "projectile" for each one so they also cannot hurt or damage a "SciptedPawn".

Now I hear this thing about people say " they don't damage other pawns " but that is what it is supposed ! to do, not sure if I am reading it wrong, but no damage should come to any scriptedpawn to any other Scriptedpawn
So I am confused on what they meant, if they are getting hurt by eachother THEN that is a problem.

But ! I got those pawns from AKcoop, and they had their own projectile, So I changed their projectile at the last minute, Barbie says they are not compiling, but I DO compile in a non MH map for MyLevel, then I place in the MH map.
Then those AK pawns have no code, So I am not really sure what and how things could go wrong, I should have done things different, but too many actors to keep track of, a bunch of pawns and projectiles was getting tedious. So Not All pawns were changed like the warlord, I left some pawns alone.But I want these things to work so I can use them on other MH maps.

I think what you had was if a pawn sees or gets shot by the first other shooter, it probably makes it "hate" them once the player is gone, but the other one seen you (player) first, it kind of works that way, I mean stock UT files.

Also want the breaking deco to all work for other maps as well, but to be used in only a few spots to add difficulty and more strategy to a MH or SP.

When you can instigate fights so pawns kill each other is been a Long time problem, I been wanting a set of pawns that don't fight or hurt each other for a long time. You can't just map, you have to always consider how many pawns kill each other, so it stops ideas for making a map, even in other games you can get stuff to fight, long done tactic by me, but I want to rid that problem I probably would not use those AKpawns again and finish all the pawns.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:Now I hear this thing about people say " they don't damage other pawns " but that is what it is supposed ! to do, not sure if I am reading it wrong
You were in fact reading it wrong.

The 2 monsters in question were fighting each other, it was a random glitch... but what they weren't harming were players and bots. I got their attention and they started shooting me, which knocked me around but didn't do me any damage.

Like I said, it was a glitch. Something random, hasn't happened since I played it again.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Aldebaran wrote:Nice. And how about (scripted) pawns? If MaxWallthroughShots=2 for example and 10 pawns are standing in a row, only two pawns are shooten at the same time?
Spoiler
No, the shot goes through all of them and deals the same amount of damage, there's no way to avoid that with the current configuration as far as I remember.

Btw, in order to not go offtopic here any further, if you have any further questions around this weapon or others, I would suggest you to start a new topic, or do it by PM with me. :)
That's why I have even put this into a spoiler. ;)
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

EvilGrins wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:Now I hear this thing about people say " they don't damage other pawns " but that is what it is supposed ! to do, not sure if I am reading it wrong
You were in fact reading it wrong.

The 2 monsters in question were fighting each other, it was a random glitch... but what they weren't harming were players and bots. I got their attention and they started shooting me, which knocked me around but didn't do me any damage.

Like I said, it was a glitch. Something random, hasn't happened since I played it again.
I am sorry, I was referring to other earlier posts, not what you were talking about. I think it has to do with if another pawn shoots another on the first shot, or, if the player shoots it first, or which is seen first, plus these things get spawned in other "states" but when the player leaves they revert back, it's mainly the AK pawns messing up.

All I want is a complete set of Unreal pawns, and no-damage projectiles for scripted pawns, and the deco spawns to use for mapping.
It should be saved in .u files one for pawns, the other for the deco.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Apparently Fuzzy liked it...
Attachments
uytClip0001.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Wow that is cool, glad it works for server stuff as well. :D

I am sure it needs some improvements but the map started out so borked to fix it.