Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

Post by XaNKoNII »

Dimensions (Pre-Alpha) Updated.unr
Fixed some bugs, should render gameplay at least a little bit pleasent
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
This is something i posted at UnrealSP, tought I should share it here as well.
It´s a map in wich I was working, but decided to cancel and make a new one under a SP Project.
The map for reasons that I can´t understand is making some weird invisible glitch in some movers :/ If someone knows why this happens and how to fix it that would be really helpfull :oops:

Original post

Download
Developer: Xankon
Synopsis: Still bond to the speed of causality, human is limited to how far light goes. The year is 2056 and still no way to create positive space curvature was sucessfully found...
During a cargo export betwen the Sol system and Alpha Centauri a Ship ran into a strange artifact floating in space. The ship´s chief of security insisted on checking it for himself as for what he found there...
Features: Exploring what the vanilla mechanics of UT can do with some imagination, puzzles very much like Anti-chamber or Portal and a cinematic intro to my new project : "Codname: X " witch will feature chapter (episodic) releases.
Latest News: Sarted 14/12/2017 Despite the original release date of 1/1/2017, the map had a 360º change, and instead of being a simple stand alone puzzle map It actually made me want solidify all upcoming SP campaigns into a single One divided by Episodic Chapters. Turns out I will take the oportunity this map presents to make it the Prologue and begin the Exposition of the plot for the so called "Codname: X"
I´ve decided to release the Pre-Alpha version (where this map stands of now) since it won´t compromise the end Version.

Last edited by XaNKoNII on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

Post by Barbie »

XaNKoNII wrote:how to fix [invisible glitch] that would be really helpfull
At least the problem with the movers close to AmbientSound2 is easy to fix: don't have the surfaces of a zone portal and a mover sharing the same surface; just move Brush1 a bit lower. (That reminds me on my question where to put a zone portal.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Re: Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

Post by XaNKoNII »

Barbie wrote:
XaNKoNII wrote:how to fix [invisible glitch] that would be really helpfull
At least the problem with the movers close to AmbientSound2 is easy to fix: don't have the surfaces of a zone portal and a mover sharing the same surface; just move Brush1 a bit lower. (That reminds me on my question where to put a zone portal.)
Also took the chance and fixed some other bugs that I found