Terra's MonsterHunt and other tutorials

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Terra's MonsterHunt and other tutorials

Post by papercoffee »

I remember this one big fight with that strong Queen ...it was dark only that green tube illuminated the huge hall.
From everywhere spawned Skaarj and did distract you from killing the fudging Queen. But worse were the little critters crawling out of the dark and biting you ...you fight a Skaarj and you take cover only to die by a hidden Pupae behind that pillar.
That was intense and thrilling. :rock:

A room filled with 1000 Pupaes in bright zone-light waiting to get killed by a Nuke-Level-5, ...not really. :|
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Be aware of XC_GameEngine's improvement for the monster Queen.
She'll chase you down ↓!

Ps. Don't forget to make sure we know how to add the proper MH END actor. Despite we have various MH versions, Nelsona did told me to use the default that most mappers use. I need to get the GUID of it, only 1 monsterhunt.u file to mention.
I have several monsterhunt.u so yeah.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:Don't forget to make sure we know how to add the proper MH END actor
:what: THIS is known already - using ORIGINAL MonsterHunt and nothing else. Servers running other MH versions have their own deal attaching their needs - this is not your task as a mapper, you can just discard files floating around. MH mapping = loading MonsterHunt.u file provided by Shrimp and using assets from there not from other sources. Another file is that one provided by Kelly for coders, it's 100% compatible with original and it will allow coding MyLevel stuff.
You can use BAT commands for replacing these in your mapping/modding version by simply click on shortcuts from desktop. This way you can switch to 504, 503, Higor's MH, coder's MH for different tests. Mapping MH is nothing else than Shrimp described in his still alive Web page. I'm confused about your confusions.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I just now saw the original link of MH version posted in the tutorial. Thanks!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In order to prevent OFF-TOPIC movement about "sample" map described I'll chat about it in here.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12653
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

At a request from chamberly, here it is.

Also present in first post.

NOTE : I FORGOT TO CONFIGURE THE TRIGGER TO TRIGGERONCEONLY TO TRUE, in the video this is set the false. Remember this setting!

Creature Factories , simple tutorial, Part 1 of 2.
LbtXadM3inE
This member can only post when permitted.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Updated the MH Tutorial, see first post.
Managed to type a few more pages + added pics.
I'm open to suggestions :) .

Enjoy.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

update, 2.2 is out. Lots of more pages!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The tutorial is coming on well.

Perhaps you should add a link to this very informative thread on this forum Info, trivia and stuff about the Pawns - it's a very detailed and well laid out look at the strong points and weak points of all the default UT monsters with lots of useful information.

Referring to the screen shot of the Skaarj Assassin default Properties, I presume you will say more about the ones highlighted in red and that these (and others) can be altered when a pawn is placed in a map.

In discussing monsters, you ought to at least acknowledge that there is now a whole host of monsters available beyond the basic, default UT monsters.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

OjitroC wrote:The tutorial is coming on well.

Perhaps you should add a link to this very informative thread on this forum Info, trivia and stuff about the Pawns - it's a very detailed and well laid out look at the strong points and weak points of all the default UT monsters with lots of useful information.

Referring to the screen shot of the Skaarj Assassin default Properties, I presume you will say more about the ones highlighted in red and that these (and others) can be altered when a pawn is placed in a map.

In discussing monsters, you ought to at least acknowledge that there is now a whole host of monsters available beyond the basic, default UT monsters.

That is a superduper useful link. I will add it. Thanks.
Yes, I will discuss them. But I know that some settings work off and online, yet things can be changed but without effect. So sub classing or a rescripted pawn will do. :???: that page is underconstruction. I pauzed it for a moment.
The skin is changeable, and the health and the names... etc... , but some servers are overruling settings. Giving too much options will confuse players perhaps.

Yes, I do know. This counts for weapons as well. A list of resources and additional stuff will be added! Remind of me this. !

Thanks for feedback Oji! :thuup:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

On a side note, off topic, on your map CM3-- 4 ? , the one I sent you, I would use that celd pawn pack for the Titan at the end.
Be perfect for up top like it is, that titan would be one healthy fight for the ending. It uses that heavy duty shock projectile and he could shoot those badass things down. I have to load that pack and see the other things it has.
Binary Space Partitioning