No bots in DM ?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

No bots in DM ?

Post by Red_Fist »

Is there a way or a mod or a setting that can block bots from spawning in a DM map, for offline and online ?

It would require a .u file since it would be used only in specific maps.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: No bots in DM ?

Post by EvilGrins »

This doesn't require a mod or mutator, simply goto the setup area and put bots at 0.

0 = no bots.

Why only certain maps?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Enable, No bots spawning in DM gametype. ?

Post by Red_Fist »

What I mean is, some actor to insert into a map that will force that, no bots will be spawned, ever. in a "DM" gametype. ,map.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Enable, No bots spawning in DM gametype. ?

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:What I mean is, some actor to insert into a map that will force that, no bots will be spawned, ever. in a "DM" gametype. ,map.
Here's something to look into, may be simpler than that.

There are some maps you cannot spawn monsters onto. I don't know why, this is not a mutator thang... but something about the setup of certain maps doesn't now allow monsters to spawn in.

Now, if you could figure out how that's being prevented... maybe that could be applied to bots as well.

May take some digging to see if I still have any of those maps. Used to bug me so much I tended to delete them.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

There MAY be a setting in the global properties of a map?

Also there are mods (one is medToggle) that set bot counts (and other aspects) for Each map you list in the mod's ini file.
Each map listed can have unique settings. :tu:
I have been using medToggle on our CMM server for years and would not be without it! :wink:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

After 3 months probably someone will figure the goal here. The man wants to not LOAD Bot in his map NEVER regarding to server/mod used - doable but I don't have a clue why I would do that. Probably if such a map would be located in my repositories evil stuff will go to destruction doesn't matter how much is protected.
Technically you'll need a MyLevel for this task. There Evil stuff will negotiate with DeathMatchPlus AFTER 300 ms letting everything to run and before 1 second (preventing any SaveConfig) - has to be tested in practice. Evil actor before moving data will save MinPlayers value if it's bigger than 0 in some internal variable, and then setting this value to 0. As long as MinPlayers has 0, Game/Server will not load anything like a Bot. Actor will keep looping in quick cycles, after ending game it might be restoring that value - or perhaps restoring is not needed if configuration is not saved, this has to be tested because if something goes wrong at Garbage Collector, server will go screwed and Bot fans loading bots will have a surprise after running this "special" map, class DeathMatchPlus getting screwed up. For me such things are not a "welcome to my server".

In theory these might work, in practice where people might use custom DM games (for know reasons) such setting might be discarded and Bots are still loaded.
I still do not have a clue why do you need this.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

LoL, yes we need it. for offline and online something that can stop bot spawning and only allow Humans.

All we can do is we put blocking for the bots right at the player starts. but it would be good just to not let them spawn.

I will make another thread and the maps you will see why, it's not a huge deal but it is dumb having to use blocking actors.

It's probably not a large problem for a server side settings, but it would be nice to embed it in the map, and not mutator

Seems like a one liner code fix, but I have no clue.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

:agree1: With your LOL here. Reason: It looks like in the morning I can find more solutions (even I have recalls about some ALREADY done solutions).
I have to admit that I don't need to fight against a game-controller and just mitigate side-effects for "my map". Let The Karmic master to spawn Bots, and loop in cycles, when a Bot is being spawned, finish him (it sounds like a MK), I'm saying to use LoathSome's strategy because it do looks healthy enough. Send Bot in state "GameEnded" with 0 health and no collision. In this way game will have Bots (as in default settings) but No Bots as well, so to speak they are loaded but... nullified. Code should take in account player coming in game and player leaving for balancing stuff else at a moment probably map will have 40+ Bots mooing in GameEnded. This way has to be done with testing in both ON-Line and OFF-Line environments.

PS:
I still do not have a clue why Bot would not play such a shooting competition because he/she can do that... and combined with shooting humans would be a nice shooting insanity.