Editor keeps crashing at new light.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Editor keeps crashing at new light.

Post by sektor2111 »

A small slope around. Imagine that I was curious about these textures and because I found a "LITE" version of a MH map (only that one who screwed it thinks is LITE because is trash), I want to switch a bit things around and... it will have a default Bot Support with a few adds and properly using default BlockedPath... and accelerated with XC_PathBuilder, fully compatible with Vanilla MH and UT.
While I read this topic about whatever light problem, for preventing such things (did not happened to me yet) map will use... 0 ZERO lights (I deleted all of them) but will have light in run-time any: StandAlone or DedicatedServer. If Editor has a light problem maybe client in run-time has a different deal as long as in run-time more things are dynamic. For admins willing to add a new modification I won't force a large download, I have imported textures in MyLevel and using ONLY what is mapped not all package.
I will bust again default MYTHS with semi-solids, using these 1024 textures and a bit of scaling, zones, and whatever I might think at random. Even is a cube type map I think I'll add small things here and there and maybe I will reach closer to that supposed LITE term.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I tried tons of stuff on a crash light problem. All I could do is move it a little-save map, move a little-save map.
Or delete the light, save map, add light prey it stuck, saved map.

It just crashes the editor it was that Girontown map and the original map had more lights , it seems it is some area, because I could move other lights and not have a crash.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I was working lasts days at a redone of some MH crap which was called Kings&Servants-Lite, perhaps you can imagine what Lite was there - a map over-worked and over messed up at spelling, textures, None Paths even if were doable, an un-compiled monster breaking monster counter here and there, etc. - probably all MH possible garbage in one LITE trash - Okay was missing some bStatic stuff
I've unlocked more visibility to skybox, added a few planes roaming the sky, changed some textures with THESE HD types and I have some game WITHOUT any light, lights are 'turned on" in RUN-TIME only + dynamic coronas, a better pupae by Kelly, some meshes produced with XC_Core from one of Derdak levels, some music ripped from another messed up Level with spaces in name and way useless ON-Line, other textures from PrinceOfFunky (reimported), etc... if it's still too poor it's because I did not have a lot of time to code more shit like growing plants, etc. and some of those cubes are still poorly designed. For me, lights in such a case are pointless, player needs light not server, server will only load iterators with these actors computing all sort of stuff which is not even needed there, they are not that critical as you think. Bot guided by server also doesn't need any light and neither monsters for seeing you... AmbientBrightness adjusted a bit won't hurt anything...

The suggestion
If exist anyone willing to add a few polygons for a little improved design we can team-work a bit here, and PATHS are/will be done by ME (or Higor if wants to participate) so I don't recommend to mess them up in other way. And then, we can have a sample map with those Textures good to be used as replacement for those piece of craps previously dropped in MH like in Trash-Box.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Good. As long as I did not see any light related problem when these HD textures have been used in my "mapping", and... nobody seems to get involved in some design action, I've finished doing a modification to the old map fore-mentioned and it will have a real ON-LINE testing period until to setup a public download for it.
At screenshots requirements (I don't have them anymore because I'm not holding useless files, but...), I can point a link to HOF forum where it's a bit visible what was changed in that map... it's HERE.
See if any Light will crash client playing... I did not have any issue with D3D9 driver.
During editing process I even used OpenGL and... I could not see troubles except a few textures related problems which I solved using various methods but no critical crash has occurred (and no single animal has been hurt :lol2: ).

Perhaps for other garbage type maps I can used these HD and others as well where things do looks really ugly.

PS:
I will need a bit of additional time for writing modification's read-me file... and then moving back to the Work-Table.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

sektor2111 wrote:I was working lasts days at a redone of some MH crap which was called Kings&Servants-Lite, perhaps you can imagine what Lite was there - a map over-worked and over messed up at spelling, textures, None Paths even if were doable, an un-compiled monster breaking monster counter here and there, etc. - probably all MH possible garbage in one LITE trash - Okay was missing some bStatic stuff
I've unlocked more visibility to skybox, added a few planes roaming the sky, changed some textures with THESE HD types and I have some game WITHOUT any light, lights are 'turned on" in RUN-TIME only + dynamic coronas, a better pupae by Kelly, some meshes produced with XC_Core from one of Derdak levels, some music ripped from another messed up Level with spaces in name and way useless ON-Line, other textures from PrinceOfFunky (reimported), etc... if it's still too poor it's because I did not have a lot of time to code more shit like growing plants, etc. and some of those cubes are still poorly designed. For me, lights in such a case are pointless, player needs light not server, server will only load iterators with these actors computing all sort of stuff which is not even needed there, they are not that critical as you think. Bot guided by server also doesn't need any light and neither monsters for seeing you... AmbientBrightness adjusted a bit won't hurt anything...

The suggestion
If exist anyone willing to add a few polygons for a little improved design we can team-work a bit here, and PATHS are/will be done by ME (or Higor if wants to participate) so I don't recommend to mess them up in other way. And then, we can have a sample map with those Textures good to be used as replacement for those piece of craps previously dropped in MH like in Trash-Box.

Good. As long as I did not see any light related problem when these HD textures have been used in my "mapping", and... nobody seems to get involved in some design action, I've finished doing a modification to the old map fore-mentioned and it will have a real ON-LINE testing period until to setup a public download for it.
At screenshots requirements (I don't have them anymore because I'm not holding useless files, but...), I can point a link to HOF forum where it's a bit visible what was changed in that map... it's HERE.
See if any Light will crash client playing... I did not have any issue with D3D9 driver.
During editing process I even used OpenGL and... I could not see troubles except a few textures related problems which I solved using various methods but no critical crash has occurred (and no single animal has been hurt :lol2: ).

Perhaps for other garbage type maps I can used these HD and others as well where things do looks really ugly.

PS:
I will need a bit of additional time for writing modification's read-me file... and then moving back to the Work-Table.
I tried my best in-and-out english as far as I could produce. I don't understand a single sentence your'e saying.
Also, give me your address. So I can switch your can of SALT into something more sweet. :barf:
This member can only post when permitted.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Terraniux wrote:I tried my best in-and-out english as far as I could produce. I don't understand a single sentence your'e saying.
This is the default excuse so next time I'll deal with such "troubles" without posting anything.

PS:
I used randomly a translator for a reversal translation and I have not figure any major issues... :tongue: . Issues are only yours, editor issues included. So you can keep sweeties, you might need them at random.