DM-MountainHomes

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: DM-MountainHomes

Post by Red_Fist »

The problem is, Sektor don't know shit, , until you need him :loool:

I view things as we all have something we are good at, and totally screwed up with other things. what pisses me off are maps like skaarjtower, it's a slap in my face when I have an all cube map and get BSP errors, oh but oh, Drew makes this monstrosity that never ends. :twisted:
Binary Space Partitioning
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

For those wondering, it's OK, and even strongly advised, to release maps with "RCx" suffixes preceding an official release and even "vx" after the release to fix stuff or improve the map overall.

It's been proven since the dawn of engineering that no amount of self testing is ever enough to give you the right to say that "it has no problems whatsoever", except when things like your map is the functional equivalent of a single subtracted cube with a few player starts in it, which is in fact hard to get wrong instead.
The same goes for anything else.

Test it, yes, but never eclipse the fact with your own ego that your stuff may indeed still have hidden problems or limitations you didn't find yet post-release, and may require changes, as human beings make mistakes, constantly.
So do not be afraid to release things for others to use and test, and make further changes afterwards.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Thanks for your informations and helps to all guys, I will get back with new map :rock: