CTF-Spotlight

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
SkYlInE
Average

CTF-Spotlight

Post by SkYlInE »

Hello there,

again i tried doing a map by myself. Thanx to papercoffee for his help in that case :tu:
I have learned a few new things and the map making makes more fun than before.

Now I can celebrate my wedding and fly to the honeymoon :D

See you in a few weeks.

Attachments
CTF-Spotlight.7z
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: CTF-Spotlight

Post by Hellkeeper »

Just tried it. It's fun and the build is satisfying. My only complaints are:
- The lighting is washed out and bland.
- A few trims could have been added here and there, but it's not crucial, as of now it has an old school quality that makes it endearing.

Pathing however is poorly done:
- The redeemer between the jumpers is inaccessible to bots. As a consequence, they also can't use the jumper from one side of the room to the other so they're unable to run after the flag carrier.
- Nothing has been set up for translocation so the shieldbelt is also out of a bot's reach as they can't translocate up or jump down to the ledge. I think the UDamages are the only pickups whith addequate TranslocDest.

And a few things I'd like to see you change:
- Player's can't jump out of the water under the flag platforms if they fall down, they have to use the translocator. This makes it pretty much an automatic death sentence for the flag carrier. You should add a step to give easy access in and out of the pool.
- Flag rooms have 4 identical sides. It's very hard to find the correct way out to exit the base after a long fight when you don't remember which side is which, it makes escape difficult. You should add something to mark the correct directions.

If you can correct all these, then the map is good. I hope you go all the way. :)
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: CTF-Spotlight

Post by papercoffee »

Hellkeeper wrote:- Player's can't jump out of the water under the flag platforms if they fall down, they have to use the translocator. This makes it pretty much an automatic death sentence for the flag carrier. You should add a step to give easy access in and out of the pool.
Last time I did see this map simply jumping worked :???:
'Have to check this.
Hellkeeper wrote:- Flag rooms have 4 identical sides. It's very hard to find the correct way out to exit the base after a long fight when you don't remember which side is which, it makes escape difficult. You should add something to mark the correct directions.
Ah yes, you are right.
Simply making the main entrance/exit with a more prominent frame could help a lot.