How to add a Mover extended actor to the AddMover list?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!

How to add a Mover extended actor to the AddMover list?

Postby PrinceOfFunky » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm

I have some movers that extend a Mover that extends the main Mover class of Unreal, I noticed that only the direct children of the main Mover class of Unreal are listed in the AddMover list, how can I let the other movers to be listed in that list?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: How to add a Mover extended actor to the AddMover list?

Postby JackGriffin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm

You will probably need a custom button for this. I doubt UEd populates any sort of list of subclasses and then tries to apply those. I'd think that list is hardcoded into the button.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
JackGriffin
Godlike

Personal rank: Hack coder

Postby Barbie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:06 pm

PrinceOfFunky wrote:how can I let the other movers to be listed in that list?
I'm afraid that will not work. I guess the User Interface of UnrealED does a simple loop like
Code: Select all
For i=0 to SubItems.Count-1
   AddToButton(SubItems[i])
Sub items of sub items seem to be ignored.

Hint: Adding such a mover will work by T3D format. Add a normal mover, cut it to clipboard, insert it in an text editor and change "Class=Mover" to "Class=MySubSubClassMover". Put the changed T3D description text into clipboard and paste it into UnrealEd.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Barbie
Godlike

Postby PrinceOfFunky » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Barbie wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:how can I let the other movers to be listed in that list?
I'm afraid that will not work. I guess the User Interface of UnrealED does a simple loop like
Code: Select all
For i=0 to SubItems.Count-1
   AddToButton(SubItems[i])
Sub items of sub items seem to be ignored.

Hint: Adding such a mover will work by T3D format. Add a normal mover, cut it to clipboard, insert it in an text editor and change "Class=Mover" to "Class=MySubSubClassMover". Put the changed T3D description text into clipboard and paste it into UnrealEd.

Thanks I'll try it, I already tried "ACTOR REPLACE CLASS=MySubSubClassMover" but it doesn't work with selected Movers.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Return to Mapping